Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Standard Bank Employee Reviews for Clerk

The culture was very structured and all employees were held to a standard and consistently educated on required culture. It was definitely fast paced and focussed. There's a lot of consideration for family as well. I loved working for SBSA.
Pros
Easy access to refreshment, care
Cons
Contract renewal or conversion easily overlooked
Good company to work for.Employees know that they in the best work environment.company is always willing to go the extra mail for employees as well as loyal customers
Pros
Team work
I enjoyed working there as I've been working with many different people with d cultures. People skills, communication skills and experience of administrative duties and.
Customer service is the key to success in every aspect of business in order to make the company grow and develop it was a great opportunity to work at standard bank because there are studies in all fields of department
You were just a number and not treated with respect. It was a horrible experience actually. They gave you so much work that no could finish on time and then they where angry if you didnt make it.
Pros
Cons
Not a nice atmosphere to work in
Great place to work at, there's room for growth, managers always encouraging employees to study and have the relevant product knowledge and the ins and outs of business.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Po
Joined first in Salisbury, Rhodesia from school. Joined them again in Durban. My husband got a transfer to Welkom in the Free State. I requested and got a transfer to Welkom. Bank of Lisbon opened an office there- I applied and got the job
Good
Cons
Groomed Grown Professional Innovative Team player Goal driven Opportunities Performance appraisal. Loyal Job security one you are permanent Benefits.
Very diverse environment and busy Worked 7 days a week and shifts Customer focused very busy and long hours Must be flexible and team player Learnt a lot
Pros
Busy
Cons
Standard Bank is a great company to work for. I would very much love to continue working for the company but in my current role I have no access to what I am studying towards. I however would like to see the line managers more involved in developing their staff and help enhance their careers with the organisation. The Top management are wonderful people. They are easy to talk to and they encourage the staff career development. I love working for Standard Bank but right now I am looking for an opportunity to grow towards my chosen career and my role does not provide that.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Sales targets
Standard Bank is a great organisation to work for. Upholding the vision and values of the company was important to me as an employee. I was proud to work for the organisation.
Pros
Being rewarded from time to time on good service.
Cons
I don't have anything to say here...
Standard bank as Africa's leading bank has a variety of opportunities to grow and learn. Great associations therefore as an individual representative you can be recognized on a elevated platform in the cooperate world.
Pros
Reputation
Cons
Hierachy
-it was chalenging -the work place was ok -management was ok -it was challenging -growth took long -the training is one of the best -the company was rewarding their staff a
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
nice working environment and the staff is friendly , The culture is also not bad . there is always a room for growth and there is an open door policy regarding everything.
Pros
team buildings
Cons
normal hours
It was a good working enviroment the only challenge I got employed through a recruitment agency and it was not permanent, I miss working in a busy and challenging environment.
Pros
Working with different personalities and people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Cons
Working for limited hours and my skills were not used as far as I feel I can offer
Come in Serve clients balance books A Lot From customer Service , Balancing books independently , Team Work etc .Some Improvements can be done .
Cons
Normal Working hours
I love working for this company its such fun and there are so many opportunities out there.I meet new interesting people and I get to help a lot if clients that need help on a day to day basis.I assist in generating sales so our company grows and contribute well while working in a team.
Pros
Getting rewarded for hard work
Cons
Not being able to work holidays
highly pressured environment,everyone is friendly and patient with one another.The management is great.i enjoyed everything about Standardbank except for the increase and salary
Pros
standard bank gifts out a lot of gift t host morale of employees
I enjoy working at standard bank because I have learned a lot within that company, it's the only company I have ever worked for after matriculating. I would like to learn and do something different, I feel there is a lot out there for me as I am still young I want something that is even more challenging.
Pros
incentives
Cons
no weekend offs
Good company to start your career with i have learned a lot working for them. You learn how to work with a team as it is not work that you can do on your own.
very interesting , meeting people of different cultures and backgrounds. Assisting people with opening accounts. Switchboard and receptionist function. Also doing administrative functions and enquiries.