Standard Bank

Clear
3.7Pay & Benefits

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,346 reviews

Very nice to work for

One of the best companies to work for. If you are serious about growth in your life then once you work here only good things can come of it. Also they have immense benefits in this day and age where people just do not get hired

Pros

Live environment

Cons

Fast paced

Standard bank is fair enough

Working at Standard Bank is not a problem but their salary and your duties are very much different and the contract am having is more like a part time job since I work upto 5 hours a day and it minimizes my salary

Positive,

It's not a bad company, I would work there again. The benefits are good even the salary is not bad at all. Just the management I had wouldn't reward us or make us feel valued. But apart the company itself in terms of benefits the best.

Good

Excellent company to work, fast paced environment though. A lot of company benefits like reduced bank fees, reduced insurance premiums and low mortgage payments if one is a full time employee.

Never be late as time is money.

Be prepared to handle pressure.Always be available and be deligent. I am a hard worker takes well to pressure and has a great understanding of people skills.

Productive and fun at workplace

Standard Bank is a nice place to work at. Sometimes the Managers gives unreachable targets daily for small branches. They need to take a look at that.

Pros

Saturdays - Free Meals

Cons

Long Hours

Productive and good work place

Standard Bank was a good and stable company to work for. We had a culture of " It's not done until it's done". I got on well with my colleagues and team mates. I enjoyed growth and positivity in the work place and I see myself as having a bright future with Standard Bank

Pros

All the financial benefits that standard bank provided

Cons

one for the best company in sa

I liked working for the standard bank, it is a good company to work for and I have learned a lot.and they help me develop and be a better person. the team help to grow .

Pros

lunch

Cons

short breaks

place filled with many opportunities

its a great place that provides opportunities to grow within bank. it is very diverse. there are alot of incentives if you work hard. plus you get two bonuses a year

Positive place

I look forward to go to work everyday because of the pleasant environment. Everybody is treated fairly . The company gives the best training ever. It's a competitive environment in a good manner.

Pros

free bees

Jobs at Standard Bank

Consultant positions
See more jobs

Standard Bank is a fun company to work for.

Standard bank is a good company to work for. It has a variety of departments and growth prospects. Training in various fields is always encouraged. Employees engagement and participation is of vital importance. There is fun ...employees are entertained most of the time.

Pros

Free lunches from time to time

Cons

Normal hours. Overtime is paid for.

productive and fun work place

working with customers and also mapping and doing presentations and attending meetings workplace culture is great we work together as family great management and also very good staff benefits don't think there is anything hard about my job I have a great team that I work with

It was a good place where i had fun and also learnt a lot about co-operate environment.

Working at Standard bank was good, i learn to work with different type of people with different personalities. They allow us to learn different products.

Pros

When we work overtimes they give us free transport.

Cons

we use to work overtimes and Saturdays.

team leader

On time, hard and smart working, team player and always helping other and as well as the company to grow. Work extra hours but didn't want a rewards for anything because it my jobs to do as I told.

Pros

public holiday off

working hours

I was a credit card collection advisor. Call client who are in arrears on their credit cards to negotiate payments plan. most difficult part of this was getting a client to agree to it as it was during the recession period. I dealt with a lot of irate and frustrated client daily as their finances were not in order. I enjoyed learning how to negotiate as this was my first job in which I learned negotiation skills.

Pros

wonderful team and management styles we had

Cons

temp position, very low salary and no earning portential

Standard bank Insurance brokers

Standard bank is a "lekke" place to work for. Transformation and cultural fairnes is the order of the day. Growth and advancement is the order of the day and it is encouraged from top managegement to the bottom.

Pros

Company benefits

Cons

Implementation

Stable and secured company to work for

Te Organisation took care of their employees, salary and benefits were satisfactory I wish I was permanent I probably would have stayed. There weren't many oppportunities for HR.

Pros

Lack of opportunities in HR

Cons

Stable and secured

Productive and good work place

Pros

All the financial benefits that standard bank provided

knowledge and education gain

Great company with favourable benefits and career advancement oppotunities good if they hugely improve on management, talent and recruitment dept.the working environment and fascilities are of high standards, top of the crop talent and training pools. Management has to focus more on giving employees power to influence and improve working channels to improve the company. The executive always give time back to the floors to insipire workers to do the best for the company to benefit all and have provided best training to assist with growth of company and individuals.

Pros

renumeration and benefits

Cons

talent management

productive

Great company to work for, with great benefits but I need to spread my wings. I need to explore other opportunities besides standard bank and gain experience in other fields

benefits

Cons

very little opportunity

Big Bank and growing company would have appreciate to grow with the bank as an individual. The company offers good staff benefits

Pros

Working hours

Cons

Lunch hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Standard Bank