Standard Bank logo

Standard Bank Employee Reviews for Custodian

3,8
Work-Life Balance

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 2 330 reviews

Productive and customer focused environment but with fun and passion.Teamwork and motivation.Always keeping up to date with technology and innovation.

Customer focused and be the company ambassador during work hours and after.It was fun and production was also priority. Customer retention and satisfaction.

Pros

Regular training and keeping updated with technology and innovation

Cons

Risks associated with cash in transit

na

Long Hours Lots of learning opportunities Management is fair Work place culture is very diverse but open to all cultures Hardest part is the hours because doors close early but still finish late

Being accurate, fast and punctual at all times

It is a nice environment to work in, you meet different kinds of people with different cultures. Treating everyone the same is the best thing you can do. People can see that Standard Bank values every customer whether you have lots of money or not. Management always tries there best to teach us to do our utmost best for a customer and goes the extra mile in any situation, whether it is a deposit, withdrawal, transfer, opening of accounts or just an enquiry. Working with finances was best thing I liked to do there as I have an aptitude for figures and delivering excellent services was something I never stopped doing as I like to engage with customers which keep customers stay banking with Standard Bank because of a good relationship between them and the bank .

What I've learnt

I've worked with a colleague it was nice and I liked it we were communicating perfect and had no complaint about the position. Team building was the best

Good Company

Policies keep employees interest at heart, although management and work conditions at a branch level aren't that great. Otherwise there are support structures in place, such as self-development although they aren't always readily available.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

good work rarely gets credit

well managed financial institution

Typical day at work is filled with interactions with customers. Going through statements, processing deposits and withdrawals. Making amendments on accounts and updating necessary information. The management step in to assist with trans-fare authorizations and confirming of cheques. Respect ,integrity and customer service are at the core of the business as our values. The team makes it all worth while at the end of the day.

Pros

Motivational seminars

Cons

Unpredictable queries

Very good

I have learned to work as a team , to listen to other people's views and not to criticize .Working for Standard bank made me utilize the importance of decision making and negotiation skills .

Pros

Self-motivation is required

Cons

the fact that I was only a part time employee

Exciting and warm company

My everyday routine at work is exciting , being able to handle customer queries and solving problems really helps as it improves your level of work and make you to develop a great friendship with your clients. It makes you to have leadership roles where you have to meet deadlines and also respect clients. When you in this role you always have to see to it that client is always kept happy. The hardest part is when you have been not coming up with solutions to solve queries. There are certain standards that we use to meet our customers needs. I really enjoy every part of my work as it also involves team work inside.

Productive and fun

Days are not the same you have your busy days and than your quit days.Learned how to work with customers and listen well what the customer needs are.Good management.The workplace culture is well organised.The hardest part of the job is to make your target.The most enjoyable part is recognition

Pros

No overtime working

Cons

Weekends work

Fun

No growth multiple tasks and experience but when u apply for positions to grow ur career u will make the shortlist and then u will be notified of affirmative action.

Pros

Cons

Alot

Jobs at Standard Bank

Custodian positions
See more jobs

young and energetic

This was such a long time ago - not a good idea to be asking for feedback on previous positions Time and task management Good workplace culture, young and energetic Not keeping clients waiting too long in the queue at busy times Interacting with clients

Pros

staff rates

Cons

month ends were busy

Fun

Amazing place to work at, left due to career change and was prepared on going back after completing articles and getting better accounting and auditing background

Pros

Meeting people

Cons

Weekend working

work as if there is no tommorrow

when the bag from one of the province was not delivered and it was assumed that I sign for it, though later on it was discovered that it was never delivered. time is crucial macro management to make sure that the books balance at the end of the day

Pros

weekly payout

Cons

low benefits

It's a very nice place to work there's a lot of team work,productivity. We always put our customers first and always make sure that theyes walk out smiling.

Pros

Team work

Cons

Busy months ends

im a teller but also doing atms

I'm employed as a teller but im also doing atms and enquiries to upskill my self,,, now im observing consultants job,,, im a hard worker eager to learn from other people and also fast leaner when given a chance

Pros

sometimes

Cons

working on sundays

Perfect career start

My day was filled with multiple tasks as I was responsible for administrative duties in the Small street branch of Standard Bank. Here is where I learned everything with regards to working in a global financial powerhouse. I gained so much experience in a multiple departmental office. The most valuable lesson was to build relationships and be fully committed and resourceful. I had the best Admin manager at the branch and have never had such a supportive and motivating manager since. One regret is that I was not afforded the opportunity to remain at the Small street branch to fulfil me career aspirations. What a great team. We worked like a well oiled machine and it was a great environment to commence my career and grow as a person and be part of something much greater than myself. The hardest part of the job was to multitask as the admin duties was extensive but I saw it as a challenge and I flourished. I truly enjoyed the team and will never forget the social events we had, from top management down.

Pros

Exposure in a world class financial institution with great opportunities

Cons

Never achieved my full potential in the company due to transfer to Rustenburg

the workplace is fun, you gain alot of experience about everyday banking and it has a great work culture.

Standard bank wonderful place to work and what's more great the hours are great and the salary. The experienced I gained at Standard Bank is very helpful help me to assist my own family with they financial needs. I've learn to save money which I never knew I could do.

Pros

get bonuses when you have a good performance appraisal. get medical aids etc.

Road show

- 7.25hours weekly from Monday to Saturday - I had lots learn new things and challenge which is the workplace in management at Coins area Make sure keep occupational health safety in the risk management - our co workers had dual to dual teams. Do well and support each others. - very hard working... - role of playing and experienced at workplace.

Pros

no free

Cons

eight

team work place.

from 25th of november every year till the 24th of december are the most busier days at work, I learned to thoroughly focus and work together as a team with my colleagues to do outstanding job. Management is frequently inspecting to avail themselves reguarding authorisations etc. The hardest part is not when the till is not balancing as explanation has to be given to management. I mostly enjoy team work because it creates a friendly and enjoyable environment to be.

Pros

learning environment every day

Cons

loosing cash in your till.

Grate

There are only one word to say about Standard Bank and my time working for them and that word is: GRATE,GRATE,GRATE!!!!!

Standard bank review

A typical day as ATM Custodian would have been to first collect the ATM deposits, we then had to check if all atm's had sufficient funds and if not had to replenish them with cash. After this was done the deposits was captured and submitted. We then had to drive to other sites with a security company and replenish those atms. We also had to ensure that all atm's are in a running condition and if not we had to drive to fix them. Back at the office we had to balance reports and do planning for the next day. I learned a lot about the functionality of the ATM's and how it worked. Management was not that involved in our day to day operational duty's We were a fun group of people working together and had a lot of fun whilst working. The hardest part of the job was waiting for SBV to bring the money we ordered as they had to come at different times for safety reasons The most enjoyable part of my job 'was driving between sites out of the office

Pros

technical experience

Cons

working in a dangerous enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1