Standard Bank

Standard Bank Employee Reviews for Customer Consultant

Found 41 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,346 reviews

Standard Bank is one of the amazing Companies to work for

I have learnt the importance of working as a team, unity is very important. Sharing ideas and implimenting them and that everybody is entitled to his or her opinion. I have also learnt a lot about how behaviour can affect your perfornance. What i liked the most is that we are rewarded for our hard work based on how you performed

Great company to work for but lately the sales target drive is out of control and worse part is the leaders at diffent business units.

Put proper people as leaders to coordinate the business and make working at Standard bank worthwhile. You become a threat and get targeted if one views their opinion and differ with leaders with low self esteem.

It is good to work for Standard Bank the culture of team work and taking responsibility is encouraged,employees are trained and unskilled for their po

Work place

i have worked very nice but some other side they just higher the people that they don't know their work and get their salary with other hard working people but is very nice to work at Standard bank.

typical day at work

If you a self motivated person then you will enjoy the environment. majority of the consultant are team players, we go an extra mile for our clients and make sure we hit one stop shop, we innovative as we really want the workplace to be fun as we go through a busy call centre environment while dealing with unhappy client due to claims or the way the policy was sold, so as servicing consult we need to make sure that we strive on changing clients customer experience. we create fun by doing team lunch , playing music .

Pros

lunch

Cons

salary is not good

Great company to work for

A company that invest in their employees with regards to personal growth and development. There are many opportunities for up skilling across various departments. I have been with this bank for 15 years and am extremely proud to work here. My blood remains blue!!

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

There is none

Good company to work for

Standard Bank is a predominantly service driven environment, but with strong emphasis on driving revenue in order to grow the bottom line. Management strives to make good business decisions. Discrimination and victimisation is not tolerated within the workplace and there is good diversity present. Job advancement is probably an area of development for the company.

Pros

good staff benefits

month end

Dealing with different type of customers everyday...Learning new things every day putting yourself into customers shoes provide reasonable and proper service without any come backs.

Productive and fun place to work.

Standard Bank Malawi needs to focus on its customers more. I personally don't have an account with them anymore due to how I was treated. My account would be closed at times without proper explaining on their part.

Pros

Tie on Monday to Thursday, free water and clean environment to work.

Cons

Long hours and having to miss lunch sometimes.

Productive and fun place ro work for

Productive and fun place to work for. Secured job with good benefits. Dignified and reputable place of work. Good responsibilities. Discipline and focused

Pros

Staff benefits

Jobs at Standard Bank

Customer Consultant positions
See more jobs

it was good as a first job

I enjoyed working at standard bank as it taught me the facets of being employed and how self development was very important. I required more stimulation and therefore looked for alternative jobs within the group and when these were not forthcoming I decided to leave and take my own jump into the work of technology.

Pros

Loved the customer service elements

Cons

Low complexity and not stimulating

i always give my utmost when i do my work

I live by the values of Standardbank.Ive learned lot of things from this company and i wanted to build my career within this bank.The main reason why im looking for another job is because i want change.

Productive New Beginnings

I was introduced to the courier company through an agency. I have never worked for a logistics or courier company before. This was my first time. We were an amount of six new people introduced to night shift from 06:00pm and we did not know when the shift ended.We were trained in the vaults where the position read admin. However we were scanning in phones and cards in envelopes to their different destinations. As time went by we were only two people left as night shift was no joke. Only the bravest survived. As time went by I realised that each vault had a different bank they were presenting and that determined the shift. They were all night shift accept one where there was night shift and day shift. Everyone finished they own work. Night shift did not leave work for day shift and day shift did not leave work for night shift. We would end up having night or day shift staff there to complete the days work. There was no cellphones or money or food allowed inside. We were wearing grey coats and left our bags in a locker at the entrance. They arranged access for us with our right hand index finger. The salary was rewarding and something to look forward to. However we also worked Saturdays from 08:00am till 18:00pm at times. I applied upstairs at the outbound contact centre and I was successfull. The shift we worked started from 08:00am till 18:00pm or sometimes till 19:00pm if we had high call volumes. We signed an open contract where you would receive an sms in the evening confirming that you should not come in the following day as they will let you know when something comes up -

Pros

Events at work

Cons

Contract work

you need to be a hardworker

The typical day at work immediately the branch is opened up until the branch closes its work work and more work. The management was good because they were able to deal with problems in a very polite manner especially with rude customers. the most enjoyable part was having braais after work if we were working on a saturday.

Pros

when the customer shows appreciation

Cons

dealing with rude customers who think they know more about your job

Great Place to work

Outline sales targets in morning meeting Help walk in and appointment based clients Sell bank products throughout the day to reach target Send Feedback daily

focus on sales only

There is nothing wrong with standard bank...The problem is with the people..we never get promotions unless u knw someone Posituons are given according to the race

Pros

no pros

Cons

do other people work while they do nothing

Great place

It is a place where my confidence and assertiveness grew, got multi-skilled in many areas, I am top performer and get recognized in my area for it.

Pros

Staff rates on accounts

Cons

Shift structure

management

Its been a good experience,the management has been good people,easy approachable and lead by good example,i real enjoy being among the branch.The hardest part of the job was during the peak hours but with the good working relationship and ability to work under pressure we managed to do our day to day job as always,I felt i have a second family with the co-workers they were always willing to teach me whenever i require assistance.I have learned to be responsible as in take accountability of work and making sure i make follow up on my work.

Pros

approachable co-workers from low to the top management

Cons

long hours of month end and standing on the enqueiries for that long

serious workplace

its a demanding environment have to be extra careful on a daily basis. there is a room to grow but you need to study constantly.

Pros

don, t work all weekends and holidays

Cons

constantly being ask to study n being test randomly

Banking - best security

Always loved working with the public en be part of a team (together everyone achieves more) - sometimes had to deal with bad mood customers but mostly got them smiling again

Pros

Benefits including reduced bond interest rates

Cons

last branch was far to travel

productive

A company good for growth and a good culture, i enjoyed the time and fridays were the best days for me. Working for standard bank is good and everybody will enjoy their time there, team building and farewell parties are more fun. when you work hard at this company growth will surely come your way

Pros

more gifts

Cons

making people temps for a long time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Standard Bank