Standard Bank logo

Standard Bank Employee Reviews for Financial Planner

3,8
Work-Life Balance

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 2 330 reviews

productive, relaxed and fun workplace

I loved it to come to work, have my diary/duties set out for the day and complete all tasks no worries about left over work and deadlines carried over

I had a balanced work environment. My line management was restructured and I experienced som bias. Generally speaking it is a good company to work for

I have had good earnings, and achieved and exceeded the benchmarks with some effort, however easily achievable. When there were issues I always created a resolve in order to keep a healthy workspace. As for the company it was great working there. I left due to personal growth reasons.

Pros

Exceptional Earning Potential for hardworkers, Flexible Hours

Cons

Long Hours.

fun working place

chilled environment great team, bubbly co workers very loving and supportive do not stand the whole day, flexible working hours iv learner a lot in teams of being in the corporate environment and work place, gain compute skills because i use the computer every day

Pros

socializing

Cons

under paid issue

Environment friendly

Working at Standard Bank had great perks. The Salary was a bit of a problem especially since after the branch relocated. Regardless, there was so much learned and I will always appreciate the support I received from the company.

Pros

Incentives

Production and targets

Being a financial planner is one of my best likely job, one need to be careful when dealing with peoples money because one bad advice can lead to a bad reputation.

Pros

Training and workshop and fun.

Cons

Target driven

I was productive and willing to work under pressure.

I was earning on commission and the target was very high and it was not achievable cause I was working at rural area. It was difficult for me but I was trying all my level best to achieve my target.

Great job. Environment not so great.

current job allows one to write own cheque which is great. Affords you the privilege to deal with people from all walks of life. So much of learning considering that one deals with a blue collar worker right through to the High net worth. Onen of the lessons is no matter who your client is, they all want to be treated like they were the only one in the book. The hardest part of the job is when ever there is more than one planner sharring the space, there is potential for in-house conflicts.

Pros

Being in a position to nurture the growth of own practice

Cons

When one leave service the institution retains the practice

Productive, fun and adventurous

Days at work differs from one day to another because some days theres a lot of business and some there none, management is very supportive. colleagues are the best. The hardest part of the job is that im earning commision with no basic salary. interacting with approacherble and friendly staff make my days enjoyable.

Pros

yes, free lunches

Cons

8 hours

SBFC fun work place

I walk in 07:00am in the morning, make my morning calls try and catch up with my clients before their day starts, make follow ups and do my admin just before the Branch opens. once the branch is open its business no time to be wasting sitting on the phone or with paper work. I have learned that consistency is key in this job you slack and you lose your business to co-workers or worse external companies. Management and co-workers in SBFC helps one keep it together just knowing that there is someone out there working with you who wants to see you succeed in the business and in your work. The hardest part of the job for me was not having a salary and best part was building my own salary.

Inspiring and developmental

A typical day involves providing financial planning advise to the bank's client. The process includes prospecting from the bank data, telephone calling of prospects and setting appointments, identifying financial needs gaps and recommending solutions to fill identified gaps. The hardest part of the job is the available pool of clients who are financially stretched and unable to afford recommended solutions. I enjoy interacting and providing solutions at a personal level with clients.

Pros

Highly trusted by clients.

Cons

Not innovative with digital technology.

Jobs at Standard Bank

Financial Planner positions
See more jobs

productive financial institution

Standard bank is a very innovative financial institution that are sales driven and moving customers forward. My work is very important to me as I am the assistant to the Planner that looks after all the Admin of Clients Investments before the appointment and thereafter.

Pros

off saturdays

Cons

flexi hours

work

Assist with daily administration of S&T claims and Cell phone claims; help with budget allocations; assists in revenue collection and prepare exchequer accounts. Administration of M22 suppliers; M22 advances & on-line payments file proof and maintain a register -Ensure SCOA allocations are correct; - Prepare monthly BAS reconciliations; - Assist with the preparation of the AFS file; - Prepare the Accruals file

Productiveness

coming to work and meeting new customers with different querries each day. an opportunity to be able to meet customers expectations and providing financial planning solutions.

Pros

Intensive training

Cons

commission only

Productive and Challenging

Day Starts off at 08:00AM with a team meeting for half an hour. I read my emails, confirm appointments with clients and prepare their documentation. Drive out to client and consult. Head Back to the Office and capture signed Business. Always learning as every client has something different to bring to the meeting and i am often asked an odd question that needs to be researched on. Management is a phone call away and always willing to step in. Co-workers are like family. The hardest part of my Job is rejection, clients not interested in what you have to offer. The Most enjoyable part is being able to meet with different people everyday of my life.

Pros

Always Learning

Cons

Driving Out to Clients that are not willing to meet up at my office.

innovative work place

Producing more than that is expected of me. learnrd time management maintaining good relationship with managem,ent and fellow collugues.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

reasonable hours

Currently SS 1 IQF5

i am enjoying working for this company but the problem is there are a lot of things that cannot be delivered as promised.

Pros

Normal bank benefits

Cons

Set yourself targets and long hours if need be

Productive, laid back environment

A typical day included calling clients and booking appointments. Driving to clients workplace for the meeting. Learned about building relationships with the client. The hardest part of the job was when clients cancelled the appointments. The most enjoyable part of the job was closing a sale.

Pros

Not office bound

Cons

Driving a fair distance to meet clients

fun work place

This was my first job it has been a great experiences to date, the amount of training that i given is beyound the best, i have been fully equipt to deal with clients and also to best work in a time. One of the things i have enjoy workng for this company is the 'family' working enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1