Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Standard Bank Employee Reviews for Personal Assistant

Amazing work environment and managers. You are all encouraged to work in a collaborative manner. Growth possible and vacancies emailed to staff from time to time when available.
It is a fun place to work for,very challenging and it needs a self dertemined person who is willing to learn It's a workplace that requires one to have time management as lots of work needs to be done in time
My life balance was good because I was weekends off.My salary was not good because I basically just worked for traveling allowance and half rent.Job security was bad because it is who you know.I got along with all management just not my own and job culture was OK.
Running a day to day administrative duties, handling diaries, processing invoices and claims. Meeting arrangement and workshops. I have leaned how to cope under pressure and be able to deliver the work that is required. How to work with two executives that are totally different with work routines. How to adapt to the ever changing dynamics of the work. Every day it was different, you face a different challenge at hand, that was the most interesting part. You always had to be on top of your game all the time. The team was very support of one another, work wise and socially. There was always for room for learning new skills.
Excellent computer skills - MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Email, SAP and Internet Excellent administration and organising skills Excellent time-management Strong planning and record keeping skills Strong team player Able to communicate well Proactive Attention to detail Good communication skills – written and verbal Key Qualities Willing to work over time Trustworthy and honest Reliable Timeline disciplined
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
going over and above and not getting recognised
I have been working at Standard bank, for Drake & Scull FM (Outsource Company) for 2 years and gained insight and experience regarding Regional Office/ Business Banking of the Eastern Cape. Something valuable that I learnt was the manner in which we deal with clients in regards to maintaining great relationships with them. I deal with clients on a daily basis and always go the extra miles for them ensuring that they get great friendly service. I have a passion working with people and should I be given the opportunity I would prove be an asset to your company.
Pros
Awesome team
Cons
Sometimes no time for lunch
Having to deal with different Financial Advisors at once. At one stage I had to work with two teams of Financial Advisors who had more than 12 advisors per team. Different personalities and work ethics was a great challenge but we managed to work together.
Pros
This enabled me to work with different people and understand them better.
Cons
Due to the size of the teams, I could not always assist everyone as efficiently.
I was working for a Financial Planner and he was very profectional. A team of two, not much fun things to do. I would work and deliver what was expected of me to deliver. However going an extra mile for a good outcomes is my personality, so I would do extra where neccessary.
Good benifits. Growth and salary. Good working culture team work. Job security and benifts good. Learing oppertunies. Demanding fast pace environment constantly changing.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
High pressur
was a temporary job,,was only helping out the financial advisor.I learned alot at the investments side of products.management was great,culture was content,hardest part was when i hav to leave the job,most enjoyable met new people everyday and gained a lot of banking experience.
Pros
on time lunch
Cons
short hours
Jobs at Standard Bank
Personal Assistant positions
See more jobs
Awesome work environment. There is a strong and professional work ethic which motivates and individual to strive to do better. I definitely miss the extravagant team buildings and lunches
- Executive PA level - constantly on the go - good people around me - the culture is good, some managers however do not have people management skills - very good benefits on staff rates etc
Get to work at 08h00 check emails than respond to them prepare paperwork for the day, confirm appointments than call new clients so you can know what to do for tommorow
Pros
Commission
Cons
Sometimes clients dont want to listen
They continuously find ways to be in touch with their employees. Team building exercises are vital They are interested in finding out new ways to improve via their staff.
Pros
Team lunches, Involvement of staff regarding concerns they may have
Cons
Long hours, availability
I'm very hard working lady always have willingness to learn.I have computer skills and communication skills. I work well with other people and bubbly.
As a way to get work experience, this job is a great way to start as you learn how to behave in a working environment, time management , work ethics and overall have skills. The hardest part of the job is when it comes to the submission of the cases to the relevant department in time without having any paperwork incorrectly captured and end up not getting paid. The enjoyment is that as an individual you push yourself to reach targets that at the end of the month you can receive a better salary.
Pros
Great working relationship with a broker
Cons
Disappointment when it comes to salary scale
It is a wonderful place to work and and has a very warm culture. There is opportunity to grow and learn. Management is great they are easy to talk to you work indipenently
Cons
For the time that i have been and still am workign in the bank it has been a great and exciting time for me, ive grown in my role and working towards become the best at what i do. I love working for Standard Bank.
Work is very enjoyable as it is clear what is expected of you on a daily babis and it can be hectic at times. I have learned that working together benifits the company overall.Management is great it sometimes has its ups and downs as i would think we are all just human. Standard Bank has a unique culture ( you are at home) that i dont think i can explain to someone who has never worked for the company before.People are friendly and very helpful. The hardest part of the job for me would be to leave here and find something else (to grow) somewhere else. What i will miss most about working here wouls be the people and the culture.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Hard work
Working at this company was a benefit to me cause I giant a lot of knowledge and experience in different aspects. It is calm and structured environment for an individual to grow.
Pros
company had a lot of meetong where we could discuss all out issues
Cons
the pay was bad for the amount of work
Working for standard bank financial consultancies was a once in a lifetime experience, i loved working with people and i loved the challenge that came with working for such a prestigious company. it was a great way to test my resilience and it also helped me realize that i was goal orientated and that i also wanted to prove that i worked exceptionally well under pressure.
Pros
It was both challenging and interesting, working with different people being able to connect with them on a personal level, being target driven and reaching the target we set for ourselves.
Cons
The job was not a permanent job