Standard Bank logo
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Standard Bank Employee Reviews for Personal Assistant

3,8Work-Life Balance

Found 33 reviews matching the searchSee all 2 335 reviews

Standard Bank is a good company to work for

Amazing work environment and managers. You are all encouraged to work in a collaborative manner. Growth possible and vacancies emailed to staff from time to time when available.

Relaxed working Environment

Was manly answering telephones, filling and working on Blue Print. Assist with walk in clients, helping the Manager with his diary managing the diary, booking his flights and accommodation. I worked well with all my colleagues, I enjoy helping and talking to people

Pros

The one hour lunch was my favorite

Cons

Sometimes month end was very busy and we had t work long hours.

develpment and growth

making appointment, capture new business , dealing with clients, How to manage clients and ,why is it important for someone to have policies. Management was great because she was willing to make us grow. Everyone had his/her character therefore it depend on how you carry yourself Have to make cold calling leads and generate sales Have to have new business and making follow up on exciting business.

Fun workplace

Fun work place with supportive management, the training was the best and working under pressure , time keeping. It was a great company to be working

Pros

farewell

Cons

LOng hours

Productive, fun and conducive workplace suppotive management

Fun workplace whereby as employees there are times we have our own sporting activities, lunch together as this will help staff members to get to work with each other easily: social events

Pros

Staff outings

Cons

Flexibilty

Productive, hard working

A typical day started at 7:15 and ended 4:30. I had to deal with difficult clients. The co workers didn't make it that much better as they always competed in bad ways. I learned a lot about the Financial markets. I enjoyed what I did. I love working with clients, even if they are not in good moods. The hardest part I would say have to be the meeting targets but that helps us to be driven.

Pros

Good envoroment

Cons

acknowledgement you deserve were never shown

Challenging and engaging place to work

Thoroughly enjoyed my 10 years at the Bank and it has cemented my love of working in a Financial institution. I am very sad to go, but there are business requirements that need to be met. Our site is being centralised and we are all being retrenched

Pros

Fantastic place to work and unbelievable benefits

Cons

Don't have any

productive yet still fun

a typical day at work would be mostly admin based. collegues are very friendly and easy to talk to especially when having a problem. i learned how to speak to client when making calls in a way that they are happy after the call they just recieved. the people i worked for were friendly and easy going and if there was issues we would speak and resolve it at that moment. the hardest part of this job was to make sure clients are always happy even when its not your fault you make sure the problem is fixed and they are happy with you. the most enjoyable time at work is when sending emails and speaking to clients that are happy people and seeing my boss happy at the end of the day

Pros

hour lunch, no work on weekends

Cons

salary too low

Productive and Fun environment

The people and management are warm welcoming, team players, encouraging, as well as they are a great team to work with, I help with day to day meeting bookings, messages taking, as well as responsible for the team stats.

please do not recruit for any assistant post

Standard bank is a great company to work for but I need to ADVANCE my career.

Pros

good working conditions

Cons

not enjoying the current post. I feel i need a challenging tasks.

Productive and fun workplace

The day starts with responding to emails. Meetings will be set up, re-scheduled, meeting arrangements made(boardroom with projector, phones, catering, etc), travel arrangements made (national and/or international) - also arranging forex and setting up international meetings, invoicing done and forwarded for payment, spreadsheets for different reports done, ie board packs, monthly reports, weekly and daily reports. Learned to multi-task at a high level, meet deadlines. I work with a variety of very different personalities at all levels, from executive to general staff - teaches great communication. Hardest part of the job is probably to keep everybody happy all the time - unplanned situations have to be incorporated in the planned day. Most enjoyable of the job is getting to meet all the different people at different levels and learning new things every day.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

None really

Secure

Pleasant work environment and colleagues. We were quite a big team and we worked well as a team together.

Pros

flexible hours

Personal Assistant at SBFC

Typical Day at work-sign in-check emails-secure appointments/ fill planners diary-complete and send off applications to external companies for the processing of investments and/ or capturing life cover.-follow up on cases that was sent previouslyWhat i learnt-internal systems, rules and regulations, culture, and processes.-most importantly work within a team-communication is the key to success-honesty, never lie and cover up for the mistakes you have made, own up.-always strive for pride, never do things in a hurry. do something, do it properly and take pride in what you do, you shall reap the benifits later.-be ethical.management-management is there to guide us.-targets are set p/a-we serve as an intermediary between management and our client.Co Workers-even though we are all competitors. we are still one team.-each team member is there to help and assist one another where possible.Hardest part of the job-working for a financial institution, one has to constantly acknowlegde what is being done, and consider the consequences of negligence.-the targets are challenging but achievable.-working with people in the working environment and being tolerant.-maintaining relations with those that you work closely with.-consultants dont always send quality leads.The Most Enjoyable part of the job-remuneration-benifits including, gift vouchers,-ONLY if targets are met, all planners get a % of money,as a bonus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1