Standard Bank

Standard Bank Employee Reviews for Project Manager

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,355 reviews

A typical day is busy is varied, education is an integral part of working for the bank, their is continuous changes so continuous learning. The workplace culture is relaxed and engaging, The hardest part was all the internal structural changes. The most enjoyable part of working for the bank was the many skills and all the diversity. Overall, working for Standard Bank was the best working experience for me.

Pros

Many benefits

Cons

Constant changes

One of the 4 largest banks in South Africa

A results driven environment that values the contribution from its diverse people compliment. Client focussed in its approach to product innovation and service delivery.

Own business

Time management, Project Management Design and Engineer new processes Design new atm units Train employees Budget control Financial reports Daily reports to CEO

As one enters the office building, the ambiance is business driven, one can't help but want to work and achieve set goals for the day in order to feel that contribution to the organisation's success is done. The culture is as such that one aspires to greater heights and therefore drives self-development through on job knowledge acquisition and formal educational training.

Pros

knowledge and experience hub

Cons

organisation is too big

Excellent job opportunity

This position gave me many opportunities to learn new things, such as an introduction to IT Service Management, Service Cataloguing, New Ways of Work and so forth.

Pros

Freedom to work outside of the culture

Cons

Short-duration contracts

Enjoy the culture

Enjoy the culture and each day has its own chanllenges for deliervy. Working at Standardbank has taught me many life skills and has also equipped me with fierce drive to succeed.

Its a great place to work for

running a project, providing feedback to the stakeholders, attending meeting and completing governanve documents. We work together in a diverse environment and resoect each others culryures and religion There is support from executives and managers and a great spirit of teamwork

Pros

buiding relationships

Cons

Stressfull, demanding exiting environment, Delivery orientated.

Standard Bank difficult environment but fun to work in, Worked in CBD JHB managed 2 projects and have to work to go ahead with gates. Co-workers great The managemnt ws supportive Hardest part was obtainng vendor info

Pros

Great vibration

Great environment

Great environment, with awesome benefits. Lots of room for growth. The company is stable and well established nationally and internationally.

Great work ethics and career opportunities

Standard Bank Group employs around 49,000 people and operates in 20 countries in Africa and 12 countries outside of Africa. Their business pillars are Personal & Business Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank, and Private Clients. Working for them gave me great exposure to their different operations and especially their strategy for Africa. They are focused on standardising and optimising processes globally and despite challenging days, this was one of my best jobs to date. I worked with highly qualified and enthusiastic co-workers who were willing to share their knowledge and provide support when required. I was given a role that stretched my skills and provided me with valuable insight into the operations of a finance projects based department. I had daily interaction with senior business users and were offered various opportunities for career progression.

Hectic and fluid environment that is very exciting

Typical corporate environment with meetings and corporate governance. I worked with a great team, including management that had to be close at all times to ensure we cope with a hectic and fluid environment. The changes in the evironment made life difficult at times we were dependent on other Projects and Releases as building blocks for what we need to do.It was a massive learning curve even for experienced Project Managers.

Pros

Huge learning curve that is exciting

Cons

A Organisation that invest in their people’s training, health, and work environment

I am a Senior Project Manager / Programme Manager with a unique combination of business and technical skills. I have extensive experience in Information Technology gained during my work in a variety of industries including manufacturing, banking, utilities and government. I have successfully delivered a number of large programs / projects within scope, budget, quality and time. I have worked on infrastructure projects, systems development projects and SAP implementation projects during my career. During the past five years I have successfully managed and delivered a number of high profile projects for the Bank within Corporate and Investment Banking, Home Loans and Vehicle and Asset Finance. I am Prince 2 certified with his wealth of experience. I manage and control resources and work effort in accordance with the project plan. I identify, communicate and co-ordinate the activities, dependencies and project risks across the project work streams.

Cons

Being a contractor one can never be to sure when a contract can come to an end

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Standard Bank Reviews by Location