Standard Bank

South Africa2 207 reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Found 2 207 reviews matching the searchSee all 2 384 reviews

Competitive and interesting

The work day was always different, new challenges, new thinking, the environment and role meant that every day was interesting. The role involved a lot of travel which long term isn’t sustainable.

Great salary and benefits

Management very professional, you more of a number than a person. Just do your work and go home don't bother making friends or expecting management to show compassion if you have personal issues that you need to deal with.

Pros

Amazing salary and benefits

Cons

Long hours rotational shifts

Beat Company to work for

Best Company to work for exceptional benefits and the salary is not bad compared to competitors its actually very good.The wok culture is also fantastic only downside could be management mistreating their subordinates.

Benefits

Fun and exciting

Loved it, it was great, you learn a lot. Its challenging but worth it. The paygrade is really good. The company has great benefits as well. Its a nice company to work for.

Productive, fun and a competitive place to work in.

Best place to work at. It was competitive yet fun and interesting as you meet different customers from all walks of life. Its imperative to remain objective and unbiased with all your employees and customers. The most enjoyable part was when we reached our monthly targets or no teller differences. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for an upbeat, challenging and competitive place to work at.

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Long unpaid hours

Productive and fun workplace

Best 4 years. Great company benefits. Awesome renumeration. Good working and fun balance. Recognition is given. Growth is always encourage. Managers just need to always give other consultants a chance, not promote based on friendship and nepotism.

Productive and alot of pressure

worked 28 years doing debt collections and administration clerical assistance to the Bank and Attorneys. loved working for Standard Bank of South Africa - very supportive of my career.

Productive and fun ...lot of growth

Great company to work for....lots if great benefits. Normal working hours (08:00-16h30)Fun to work for Great benefits and lots of growth.Friendly environment and people.

Great place to start your career

Great place overall, you learn a lot, problem is that your scope of work was only limited to the department you are working in because every department seems to work in silos. Management is great, executives generally have an open door policy and generally listens to our inputs, middle management can be quite harsh depending on where you work. The culture is also heavily dependent on where you work, some departments are really great while some are incredibly cold - honestly it is a hit or miss here. The environment is very competitive, they set very ambitious and impossible targets and employees work overtime (unpaid) just to keep up with the amount of work. Work and pay is also very disproportional, I do think they need to reassess their pay grades and job descriptions.The best part of working here is that you work on amazing projects that have a massive impact on the country and the financial system, also, they give you a place to learn various skills and develop yourself.

Best Company you can work for

The people are very supportiveLots of opportunity to growCompetitive salary Amazing culture Clear valuesNo one gets left behind as the company grows and changesClear company structure

Productive and fun working environment

I had a great journey at standard bank since 2007 to 2017. The culture is amazing and the management style that allows you to grow. I started at call center and grow within the bank. Their learning centres allows continuously improvement.

Pros

GLC team meetings with free breakfast and lunch

Cons

Not AIC compliant

Fun, friendly and professional workspace.

I enjoyed working at Standard Bank, good training sessions, friendly vibrant staff and very helpful. There is so much more for potential for growth. Management is good.

Productive and enjoyable with many opportunities to grow within the company.

Was an overwhelming experience wouldn't mind to be able permanent position within the company. Modern technology has been a priority for the company which gives you the opportunity to upgrade yourself constantly

Productive and fun workplace

Great exposure to new things. Freedom to be yourself and explore different options. Loved every minute working there, very productive and conducive environment.

Pros

Good work-life balance

Fun working environment.

I would really recommend working at Standard bank because of their working environment. The working hours are accomodating to every individual. The management is very supportive to employees with growing them and mentoring them in their careers.

Pros

Wellness programs and trainings.

Cons

Working on Sundays

A lot of pressure but a fun working environment

A lot of pressure but a fun working environment.You will work extended hours because theres just a lot of work to-do. The normal 9-5 is not enough to cover everything you need to get done.

Stressful more demanding especially in sales

More stressful environment to much pressure from the management. When it comes to growth opportunities are scarce, to much pressure to deliver sales daily.

Pros

Medical aid, pension benifits

Cons

Long hours, off once in 5 weeks in Surturday, work Monday to Surturday.

The environment is quiet hostile and fast paced.

It's a nice place to grow especially for an I.T professional. It is very competitive and also hostile. Internal politics are rife. The company is quiet ahead of its competitors in terms of technology.

Pros

Exposure to new technologies.

Cons

Hostile environment.

nil

best ever work place environment to grow and learn new things. i REALLY ENJOYED WORKING AT THIS BANK! the pay is worth it as well and there are alot of beneiftss

Cons

long hourss

I loved working for Standard Bank Group .

I loved working for Standatd Bank Group, as it was a great environment, friendly colleagues, healthy competition. Rewarding in every way even with all the stress.

Pros

Rewards for reaching targets. True blue rewards for assisting fellow staff and reaching targets.

Cons

Short lunch breaks on busy days .

Productive, worked as a team and diverse

I would love to go back to being apart of the Standard Bank group. I love the challenges dealing with clients and being apart of a diverse culture. My blood still runs blue

Pros

Training

Cons

Some branches had long hours however more so the shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 2 384 reviews

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,7 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,7 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,6 out of 5 stars for Management
3,9 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Standard Bank
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?