Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Standard Bank Management reviews

I always enjoyed working marathons, I scored daily incentives and prizes.Our management were very generous and work well with the employees.We had a very relaxed and fun environment, I`m a team player and like challenges so reaching my daily target was making easy for me to exceed my monthly target, We used to have incentives every Friday where you can be able to work half day, I enjoyed to be a Top performer and received the awards, I worked @ standard bank and dont remember a single day having conflicts with the management or colleagues, I was always enjoyingto be @ work and treat everybody with respect. I was always treating my clients fairly and assisting in every area where possible. I am very good in building a relationship with all client I spoke to and made sure that I Standard Bank is reputation is always taken serious and made clients to trust the Company and feeling safe with their personal information, I made sure that I kept their information safe as we are regulated by POPI and honest in whatever I was doing within the Company.. I made sure that I am reliable and work hard everyday and show my passion for my position that is why I was promoted and became a Senior Sales Consultant after a year employed. I was always assisting the new consultant and setting a good example to my colleagues. I am very consistent person when it comes to target which that is the most hardest part but making effort and working an overtime helped me a lot, I enjoy making money and going out to team buildings every month end motivated as we need to go out and have fun after hard gave - more...
Pros
daily incentives
Cons
I have no comment at this moment. I worked for the bank for over 20 years. Really enjoyed serving my customers as a business manager. As mentioned the management was extremely poor.
Pros
Relationships with my customers
Cons
Poor management.
Management was well yet slow on tackling our problems and work place was marvelous and the hardest part was probing as to some clients it was not comforting and lastly the enjoyable moment is team work there.
Pros
free rides
Cons
Very good place to work at.Best upskilling.My previous job working as Consultant provide me with the ideal experience for this position. I developed many of the skills required for this job including answering phones ,responding to emails,processing payments and entering data on multiple computer programs.Processing special pay items which is not processed in the same manner as a regular payroll run.I am a self motivated person who is willing to go above and beyond on any project and to learn valuable skills.My strongest asset is my work ethic and my willingness to step in when needed.I'm not afraid to take a difficult client or do a difficult project as it is the best to teach me the most.Knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures. Manage lifecycle of an employee from end to end.Upskilling different Human Resources Business Partners on the self service portal (ESS)Keeping track of all the queries via team track.Capture and process transactional documents. Maintenance of personal record folders.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Time management
The culture was very structured and all employees were held to a standard and consistently educated on required culture. It was definitely fast paced and focussed. There's a lot of consideration for family as well. I loved working for SBSA.
Pros
Easy access to refreshment, care
Cons
Contract renewal or conversion easily overlooked
Standard bank culture and policies guides all staff members to behave inside and outside working environment. Hiring strategy is questionable and not consider the qualifications staff members obtained or achieved.
Was employed at Standard Bank for close to 5 years. Survived 3 restructures / sec 189 processes. Yes the bank needs to move with the times and hence structure changes etc but very little support from the management once you are served with a sec 189 letter. Whilst working for SBSA applied for more than 100 internal vacancies with no success. Very poor career development and upskilling. When there is restructures and you don't have the skills to fit in, its almost like its your fault. Yet as an organisation they did not take the initiative to provide you with the training and skills required for the "jobs of the future"
Pros
Good Remuneration and Benefits
Cons
Restructuring and Uncertainty
Well known loved brand with a great reputation that care about their staff in general. I did find the total staff compliment to be a little bloated and in all the wrong areas. Too many 'Heads of..' and 'Managers'.
Pros
Secure
Cons
Overstaffed
Management stresses everyone out. Management also covers up for one another. They have now, hired only Management from Outsurance. Haha.. amazing how one can laugh about it now. Actually a pathetic place to work.
Great experience for me to work with them even though it was only a short period. The management is very reasonable and always willing to assist you when needed.
Pros
Great shifts
Cons
My team leader never gave me a chance to spread my wings, my favouritism was at the core and the chain was way too long. I felt suffocated and clamped, to get a bonus you had to favoured. I worked for this company at a time of LMI 's where would go without pay for months but efforts were not recognized. I loved this company but after my experience I don't know
Pros
I don't remember getting anything for free
Cons
Rotten management
Standard bank is always ready to fund further development of their employees. For both academic and emotional development. It has a sense of belonging
Great place to work just a bit stressful working environment. Employees are team players and do their best to give their best to serve customers and avoid complaints
Pros
Staff rates
Cons
High targets
A lot of restructuring coupled with chopping and changing of positions dented the reputation of the what used to be the best employer to the worst employer. No job security and stability.
Great place to work and meet lots of new people. Great culture, plenty of independence. Most enjoyable is the attitude of fellow colleagues and their willingness to help . Management might not be too transparent and willing to assist with ideas. Days are always busy.
Pros
great food shops
Cons
Working at Standard Bank was an invaluable learning experience. I felt like a valued member of an exceptionally diverse, professional and winning team. Reasonable working conditions, good benefits, professional management. The company offered good benefits, growth opportunities , the salary was not bad.
Standard Bank was a great company to work for with opportunities to advance yourself by attending a range of in house courses. Getting to know my clients and form a bond with them that can sometimes be for years was one of the best experiences, even if I just visited a once of client to give/train them on the fleet management system was also and experience. When new management was appointed they began with micro management our whole team felt that there was a distrust yet we all made targets when they took over. Unfortunately due to this they lost a few people all who had over 20 years of experience.
Pros
Medical Aid and Pension Fund
Cons
nice branch to work in especially with the management that we had easy fast paced position with lots of training and opportunities to grow . overall the company is well managed with lots of opportunities to grow as an individual
Pros
normal
Cons
normal
Put proper people as leaders to coordinate the business and make working at Standard bank worthwhile. You become a threat and get targeted if one views their opinion and differ with leaders with low self esteem.
I've learned to work with teams effectively . Accuracy is very important in this type of work. I have also learned time management as customers are mostly at work and want to be assistant effective in time
Std bank takes care of all employees. Still traditional in term of process. Lot of sailors. Management still white mostly and have final say. The most common phrase they use '' It is management discretion.