Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Standard Bank Work-Life Balance reviews

Great place to work at and the leadership is professional and takes initiatives.I would totally recommend Standard Bank as an employer.Requires someone who is willing to learn and show up.
I always enjoyed working marathons, I scored daily incentives and prizes.Our management were very generous and work well with the employees.We had a very relaxed and fun environment, I`m a team player and like challenges so reaching my daily target was making easy for me to exceed my monthly target, We used to have incentives every Friday where you can be able to work half day, I enjoyed to be a Top performer and received the awards, I worked @ standard bank and dont remember a single day having conflicts with the management or colleagues, I was always enjoyingto be @ work and treat everybody with respect. I was always treating my clients fairly and assisting in every area where possible. I am very good in building a relationship with all client I spoke to and made sure that I Standard Bank is reputation is always taken serious and made clients to trust the Company and feeling safe with their personal information, I made sure that I kept their information safe as we are regulated by POPI and honest in whatever I was doing within the Company.. I made sure that I am reliable and work hard everyday and show my passion for my position that is why I was promoted and became a Senior Sales Consultant after a year employed. I was always assisting the new consultant and setting a good example to my colleagues. I am very consistent person when it comes to target which that is the most hardest part but making effort and working an overtime helped me a lot, I enjoy making money and going out to team buildings every month end motivated as we need to go out and have fun after hard gave - more...
Pros
daily incentives
Cons
I wish standard Bank would grant me another opportunity to work for them and grow me as their employee.I like their excellent super benefits and treat
Management was well yet slow on tackling our problems and work place was marvelous and the hardest part was probing as to some clients it was not comforting and lastly the enjoyable moment is team work there.
Pros
free rides
Cons
I learnt a lot from working in different departments. Great customer service culture. Diverse staff members and great comeraderie as you move from department to department.
Pros
Free supper, transport home in the evening, presents, trips, health checks
Cons
Late work, short breaks
The department I was in was not nice to work in. The pressure was sometimes too much to handle. Managers only focused on stats and making the customer happy which ends up resulting in the bankers being neglected.
Pros
A lot of room for growth
Cons
At standard bank there’s a room for growth as a person in a work environment They never deny a person to learn from other work from different departments and there are many opportunities
Pros
Weekend offs
Daily comms meetings ,self discipline and integrity in every interaction with clients ,the culture was relaxed yet professional .The job was not easy as soon as you understand processes and what's required of you .What I enjoyed the most was that everyday experience was different ,no day was the same as the previous one that made the work exciting daily
Pros
great working enviroment
Cons
little growth and long hours
Great culture, best company to work for. Lots of staff benefits. The bank provides training to staff so that we always up to date. Bank also pays for our studies they offer bursaries
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Standard bank is always ready to fund further development of their employees. For both academic and emotional development. It has a sense of belonging
Very productive, in the mornings meetings are scheduled to discuss various issues such as sales and service. Learned that mgmt is also very aggressive
The working environment is very competitive. Standard bank is a big company with a large client base so we are always on our feet ensuring everyone is assisted and happy.
Pros
Medical aid, no working on sundays
Cons
Highly demanding
Work hard, play hard environment. Awesome people that become your family. Understanding and challanging workspace. All round very good place to start a life long career.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Growth
Cons
No place for lazy people
Your day starts as soon as you get in the office as you have to start to prepare for the masses. Make sure your workstation is clean and ready to assist clients. Check that you have all you stationary and equipment is working to avoid running around
Pros
Interaction and work experieces
Cons
Fixed hours
The company’s values were lived up to and there were growth opportunities where in you were given a chance to draft your Personal Development and a chance to gain experience of the field you want to work in.
Pros
Enough rest days
Cons
Frequent campaigns in a short space of time.
A lot of restructuring coupled with chopping and changing of positions dented the reputation of the what used to be the best employer to the worst employer. No job security and stability.
you must always be happy and friendly to the people because it was face to face consulted at the branch ,always assist your customer in best ,patient.
Pros
true bloos voucher were given
Cons
08hoo to 4hoo
It is a good company to work for. The benefits for its employees it's great. You feel safe and secured when your working there. The company culture, value and ethics work along with employees values. Working as team makes the work to go faster
Pros
Pontetial for growth
Cons
Retrenchment can happen
They take care of their staff, the health and safety, building maintenance without compromising on the growth of the company. Lots of growth opportunities and learning that won't cost you a cent.
The environment was very good.whenever there were changes either with the products or the system the bank will make sure the staff will go for training which made things so easy for the employees.
Great place to work and meet lots of new people. Great culture, plenty of independence. Most enjoyable is the attitude of fellow colleagues and their willingness to help . Management might not be too transparent and willing to assist with ideas. Days are always busy.
Pros
great food shops