Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Standard Bank Employee Reviews

Found 2 153 reviews matching the search
Very good place to work at.Best upskilling.My previous job working as Consultant provide me with the ideal experience for this position. I developed many of the skills required for this job including answering phones ,responding to emails,processing payments and entering data on multiple computer programs.Processing special pay items which is not processed in the same manner as a regular payroll run.I am a self motivated person who is willing to go above and beyond on any project and to learn valuable skills.My strongest asset is my work ethic and my willingness to step in when needed.I'm not afraid to take a difficult client or do a difficult project as it is the best to teach me the most.Knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures. Manage lifecycle of an employee from end to end.Upskilling different Human Resources Business Partners on the self service portal (ESS)Keeping track of all the queries via team track.Capture and process transactional documents. Maintenance of personal record folders.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Time management
Work for standard bank has given me the exposure in so many aspects of business and IT. The training provided is extensive and prepares one well for the job
Pros
It’s great growing and learning at Standardbank
The working environment is very competitive. Standard bank is a big company with a large client base so we are always on our feet ensuring everyone is assisted and happy.
Pros
Medical aid, no working on sundays
Cons
Highly demanding
Work hard, play hard environment. Awesome people that become your family. Understanding and challanging workspace. All round very good place to start a life long career.
Pros
Salary, Benefits, Growth
Cons
No place for lazy people
Your day starts as soon as you get in the office as you have to start to prepare for the masses. Make sure your workstation is clean and ready to assist clients. Check that you have all you stationary and equipment is working to avoid running around
Pros
Interaction and work experieces
Cons
Fixed hours
The company’s values were lived up to and there were growth opportunities where in you were given a chance to draft your Personal Development and a chance to gain experience of the field you want to work in.
Pros
Enough rest days
Cons
Frequent campaigns in a short space of time.
A lot of restructuring coupled with chopping and changing of positions dented the reputation of the what used to be the best employer to the worst employer. No job security and stability.
you must always be happy and friendly to the people because it was face to face consulted at the branch ,always assist your customer in best ,patient.
Pros
true bloos voucher were given
Cons
08hoo to 4hoo
It is a good company to work for. The benefits for its employees it's great. You feel safe and secured when your working there. The company culture, value and ethics work along with employees values. Working as team makes the work to go faster
Pros
Pontetial for growth
Cons
Retrenchment can happen
They take care of their staff, the health and safety, building maintenance without compromising on the growth of the company. Lots of growth opportunities and learning that won't cost you a cent.
The environment was very good.whenever there were changes either with the products or the system the bank will make sure the staff will go for training which made things so easy for the employees.
typical day would begin at 08:00 would clock in and log into system call clients and retain policies tea breaks inbetween and luncg for 1 hour learnerd alot during my time there in regards to diffrent finance and insurance systems aswell as an in depth view and first hand experience on the insurance indusrty. fantastic working culture frequent team building exercises and activities multicultural business hardest part dealing with clients Good business with room for growth.
Pros
interactive teams
Cons
no cons
Great place to work and meet lots of new people. Great culture, plenty of independence. Most enjoyable is the attitude of fellow colleagues and their willingness to help . Management might not be too transparent and willing to assist with ideas. Days are always busy.
Pros
great food shops
Cons
Standard Bank is one employer that taught that we exit because of customers, that empathy is the key to giving the best customer service, I learned alot and became a good leader in the process. I really miss working there.
Pros
Restructuring
Cons
Taking care of their employees
The bonus is GREAT. The pecks are great. The working hours are flexible if you are not client facing, work from home is allowed which is great for work life balance.
Pros
Bonus, reduced interest rates, work life balance is great. Some departments encourage work from home.
Cons
The structure is too layered.
StandardBank must keep on doing well, keep shining, growing their people, being proactive and paying attention to detail.putting customers first is always a priority
Working at the Bank was an eye opener, as the system protects the Bank and leave employees vulnerable as one will be expected to perform over and above what a Normal person can and Bank has these Declarations that a signed yearly which puts our Jobs at lines
Pros
Reputational risk
Cons
Keeps on Protection the bank only
Working at Standard Bank was an invaluable learning experience. I felt like a valued member of an exceptionally diverse, professional and winning team. Reasonable working conditions, good benefits, professional management. The company offered good benefits, growth opportunities , the salary was not bad.
The bank takes good care of its employees in terms of staff benefits and annual reward. There is also a good work life balance and at Simmonds street you even get a gym onsite.
Pros
Staff rate on all lending products
I worked shifts and was always able to maintain my working hours. We only dealt with major incidents and were always supposed to be ready and available for them. my managers and co workers were friendly and we had a good working relationship. Even outside of work we would meet up and still enjoy each others company. Productive and work life balance
Pros
travel
Cons
Shift work
Lots of opportunities Career investments Bonus Maternity leave High budgets-targets Competitive High maintenance of customers Customer service priorities
  1. Employee Reviews