Standard Bank
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Standard Bank Employee Reviews

Found 2 153 reviews matching the search
Very good place to work at.Best upskilling.My previous job working as Consultant provide me with the ideal experience for this position. I developed many of the skills required for this job including answering phones ,responding to emails,processing payments and entering data on multiple computer programs.Processing special pay items which is not processed in the same manner as a regular payroll run.I am a self motivated person who is willing to go above and beyond on any project and to learn valuable skills.My strongest asset is my work ethic and my willingness to step in when needed.I'm not afraid to take a difficult client or do a difficult project as it is the best to teach me the most.Knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures. Manage lifecycle of an employee from end to end.Upskilling different Human Resources Business Partners on the self service portal (ESS)Keeping track of all the queries via team track.Capture and process transactional documents. Maintenance of personal record folders.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Time management
Std bank takes care of all employees. Still traditional in term of process. Lot of sailors. Management still white mostly and have final say. The most common phrase they use '' It is management discretion.
Poor people management skills and neopotism, unprofessional and unethical senior leadership. Lack of development, Opportunities only offered on a like basis not on merit
Staff and management are friendly also the environment is more comfortable what I found more interesting is the competitive environment . Better salary
Standard bank was the best company that i worked for It has taught me professionalism As well as customer service which came with standards How to weite emails .
Standard bank as a company taught me to live by the values, I learned how to easily adapt in business culture I learned how to work in teams I got road experience as the bank offer multiskilling programme
Am who I am because of this company. When I had financial problems, they were there with me until I manage to sort my financial affairs. Currently I have two properties of which one is paid up and another one is bonded just recently. They even paid for my studies when I resign early last year, without paying it(study loan) back and they even took me back late last year.
During thirty years of loyal service the time has come to leave. The uncertain and whim driven leadership at Director level is killing a once proud and efficient organisation. From the highs of being a market and service leader in the 90's to becoming a struggling and wavering entity is troubling. A culture of work life balance is only words and disperses as soon as it is challenged or attempted to be placed into practice.
I liked working for standard bank. It taught me lot of things wish that if I maybe be hired to another company similar to standard bank I will deliver the service I delivered for standard bank.
Good place to work, good benefits. international projects presence in London. Full range of services in South Africa and Africa Largest bank in Africa
The working environment is stressful working 3 weekends a month 6 days a week. They need to change that to 2 working weekends and 2 weekends off. Uplift its staff and allow the staff to grow within. Business registration and support upcoming business
Pros
Love the staff
Cons
Would go back again
it was fun working at standard bank,the culture,environment and managers are fairly and its refreshing.however it has its own challenges and pressure like any other business.wouldn't mind going back.
Seasoned Service Manager bringing 14 years of Banking experience. Proficient in business practices, standards of operation and customer needs.Empowering leader with passion for developing teams with focus on exceptional service delivery and customer retention.
Was a nice and fun workplace I enjoy working there and i learned a lot to work into environment of more people and working with different system work and much process
Customer service is the key to success in every aspect of business in order to make the company grow and develop it was a great opportunity to work at standard bank because there are studies in all fields of department
Standard Bank is a great place to work and it offers so much variety in terms of a career direction. Like it's slogan, however, keep on moving forward, this is something I would recommend any employee to do also.
Pros
Competitive salary, advancement and further educational opportunities.
Cons
It is only as good as the people it employs.
Working for a huge bank like Standard Bank was a dream come true.It was the first company to work for and I really learnt a lot from it.It is a great company with great people and always provided excellent service to the customers
I would love to work as a cleaner, cos it is part of me, working in standard bank, who i i am banking for the past twenty five years is a honour, also i am a code 10 driver with valid pdp, i got recently retrenched, i can also assist with any other task given to me, i am happy to start immediately
The feel of moving forward is in the culture of standard bank as a whole and I am able to balance my life at work and at home. Being at standard bank feels like home.
Very production and you experience different things everyday. You need to be innovative and ready to learn. Serving customer to our best ability was key. Customers come first in every employee. You need to be very reliable always be on time. always put the customers needs first.
Standard Bank is a great company to work for. On top they really do care about the staff. In the branches they have their own culture and rules, which can be abit stressfull on daily work completions.
  1. Employee Reviews