Starke Ayres

Starke Ayres Employee Reviews

South Africa17 reviews
4,0
I enjoyed my time at Starke Ayres. The management at the time did not really make run the place to,its true potential. I believe that the restaurant had a lot of potential but because they were not open to new ideas from the staff they were not able to progress at the time. The location was good for a restaurant, there were plenty potential customers who always visited the garden centre side so with better marketing, I believe the place at the time could have excelled.
My exzperience overall was good, I did the best that I could, work as hard as I always do and what I enjoyed the most was interaction with customers. One of the most rewarding thing for me was putting a smile on a customers face with my service.
5,0
Everyday was a day of distribution to get the orders delivered to customers on time.Management was often and always ready to assist and there was always a good understanding.There were no bad days only good one's.
3,0
Be the very best at what you do and enjoy,love and respect your job,learn everyday new things, challenge yourself and keep the pace floating,never Dro
3,0
I had a great time with the people and the company was doing well in sales, I have a good working experience.

But I am looking forward to have a better job so that I can be able to support my family and be the better person to my community.
5,0
It was good working there with all the workers, we worked as a family and we understood each other. I learned a lot in short space of time, it worked for to get exposure
2,0
I happy to work at Starke Ayres.but not that much.they are very strictly when comes to work.i learn to take my job seriously and I have learn too much job at Starke Ayres.i have worked 17 yrs for Starke Ayres.but time is to change and look for other side.and deliver the knowledge you have to other companies
Pros
30min lunch
Cons
Exactly hours
5,0
Starke Ayres Garden Centre is a nursery and is a lovely company to work for. Summer it's very busy however it's a little quiet during the winter months. There is a lovely coffee shop, which caters for weddings and conferences.
5,0
Every day on the road and on a new or other farm. Not a office job. Nice to work outside and in nature. Learn a lot to handle and work with clients. The hardest part of this job is that all the clients want their orders like yesterday and then you have to think out of the box.
But it is nice to work with farmers and in nature and with nature. You see places that other people do not see.
Pros
Not a office job
Cons
Client accept you work 24 Hour day
3,0
Working at starke Ayres was so good the company was providing us with free transportation, the stuff and the management was fun and we were working as a team.
Pros
my lunch
Cons
11 hours
2,0
If you have any creativity and ethics, do not work for this company. You are a cog in a very big and non caring wheel. Many people leave due to being treated badly and being told their job is under threat.

Not a pleasant environment. You are just a number.
4,0
The company takes pride in sharing knowledge and empowering others.I learned a lot during my short stay with them, from how to be confident in yourself and in the products you sell so that it becomes easy for you to sell to customers.my co-workers where supportive as well
Pros
knowing you have met target for the day and you on spot number 1
Cons
not having customers for the day
4,0
I'd like working for the company because you get to knock off on time, Olso interesting working requirement. The company has good working conditions and good benefits, it will give me a great experience.
benefits
Cons
good security
3,0
Basically communicating with my colleagues and the management where very helpful in terms of allowing us to access information on the office and ask them when we lack of information .
Pros
Transport for employees
Cons
Working on weekends and holidays
4,0
A busy everyday work and I learned more about agriculture more especially about the seeds. Management was good and the hardest part of the job was to driving a very long distant and more hours and the most enjoyable part of the job meeting new people every day, delivering and collecting of goods from and to clients.
Pros
Free lunhes
Cons
short time
4,0
The Company is well organised, I have obtained great knowledge in the FMCG sector.
Pros
Travel allowance
Cons
Dangerous areas
3,0
I have worked for Seven(7) years for the company but never been given the opportunity to grow as there are training opportunities within the company(eg.firearm competency) though I have applied to be given the training which is payable by me.
I have been moved around different sites to do damage control as per my expertise and good working behaviour and knowledge of the job as per clients recommendation, but that never benefited me salary-wise as per working hours and rates per site(no fixed salary).

*i want to grow and be able to earn deservedly salary that will help me to provide for my family of five"5"(spouse and kids), thus I want to try something better career-wise!
Pros
Cons
less salary
4,0
Typical day at work - never the same.
The hardest and most enjoyable part of my job is doing the Directors Board Reports.
Pros
job satisfaction