Statistics South Africa
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Statistics South Africa Employee Reviews

South Africa407 reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Working with all kinds of personalities was challenging yet educational. You learn through the process and gain more insight knowledge about the skills required.

Cool company.

Most of the work I did was on the field so I wasn't really in a office at all. But the working conditions and remuneration were top tier. Only problem was that I was only working under a short term contract.

Working in the field is a great experience because I got to introduced to different people with different backgrounds. I enjoyed being a supervisor.

Working with Statistics South Africa gave me a big chance to discover my strength of being a team leader and consulting different individuals from different backgrounds

Stressful but you learn alot .

Working at StatsSA helps maintain you to work under pressure and helps you show results at the end of the day. You get to travel, and meet different types of people and personalities.

Stressful and productive

I enjoyed working at statssa , permanent staff were supportive, patient and polite that makes it simple to learn and work even though logistics was stressful

It was great working for STATS SA

Stats SA has high standard of professionalism. It has great development strategies and opportunities. Training is provided by internal and external trainers. The working environment is conducive and convenient for all.

Good

It was a very good experience working at statistics South Africa despite the work politics and jealousy, salary was very good and also the working hours. We had a cafeteria inside the building that sells fresh food

Good work culture

Was hired on contract for Census Project. Fast-paced, management and colleagues treated us well. Had alot of challenges as it was the first 'digital' census but some challenges were overcomed through team-work. The project could've used more planning and extensive training. HR and finance could've done better for fieldworkers and supervisors, especially in terms of persal and payment issues.

Relaxed and Informative workplace

It was good to work for Statistics South Africa despite the challenges faced. The environment is so informative in terms of demographics, people's living conditions and the way technology evolves.

Fun work place

fun working place. I got to learn a lot from the job and I really enjoyed it and I really appreciate the opportunity to work. Great working hours and experience

Pros

Free lunch

Great experience

Work hard pay hard good basic salary you het to leaen alot about how to talk to people and how tp handle objections. In the end if you arent passionate about walking all day you'll find it boring

Sucks

The place socks, but it pays well, so if it's short term take it. Payment also do not come easily, you have to complain multiple times before you're actually paid and even then it's not all of your money.

Collaborative but stressful

It was difficult working in community I was working in high crime it was stressful because we're using gadgets,the data we were collecting was useful but people make it difficult for us by refusing to be interviewed.

Overall fun working experience even though we faced different challenges on a daily basis.

Working for this organization was a challenging but fun experience. I got the opportunity to use my interpersonal skills and I must say that I discovered that I have good skill in working with people. There were some challenges along the way, but they were worth it because those challenges made me grow as an individual. If I were given an opportunity to continue with the organization I would gladly do so.

Just okay but most people were agressive not welcoming and also most of the time salary didn't get it on time

BadNot good Not working again Pays nice But rude people Pay depaidSome salaries not fully paidSometimes no transportationRainy days are bad too much

Fun & exciting working st Stats SA

It was the first time for me to work in Public Sector, but I did learn a lot , when I look back it was a zero tolerance of corruption. The experience with Stats S A, it was excellent and unforgettable.My manager/supervisor he was very supportive, due to I did not have any experience on my job, but through to his teaching today I'm passing his legacy to young people, he gave me a chance in life to prove myself.I thank him so much.

Be productive but also work on your pace

You work on your own pace. Time management is very important you work flexible hours you just need to manage how you work and put a daily target of your work

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

No exact pay day

Flexible but always on standby

Working as a field operations officer means you have to manage a team. Which is valuable experience. The management is helpful although their processes are delayed

Pros

Flexible, company car

Cons

Dependant on management that isnt efficient

Productive and fun

Was an incredible experience as we have met so many different types of people and different races. I also won't get lost on the road anymore as I know many areas streets now "lol" .

Pros

Free transportation from and to the field where we working in.

Cons

Long hours of waiting on your work load .

Fun working place

It's a field work place and training for work to be done compulsory every time.Mostly we drive to the working area and using navigation tools on the table since it's also paper less for data collection since 2016

Bad communication

Worked for census2022 and struggled to get information out of them. Getting paid is also quite a struggle and communication is really bad. Our FOO would just go mute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Statistics South Africa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance