Stellenbosch University

Stellenbosch University Employee Reviews

5,0
Sometimes start with a brief session on new development. suggestion on way forward. respond to emails inquiries and while providing administrative support and client services
Pros
Cons
5,0
Excellent academic Institution, among the three best in the continent, and among the top 300 Universities in the world According to Shangai rranking. Competent staffs. I am proud and grateful to my study leaders, who gave me to have an experience as teaching assistant, during my Doctoral studies.
5,0
A typical day at work is fun and exciting. I learn new things everyday from my peers. My boss is understanding and compassionate. The workplace culture is inclusive.
5,0
I had a great experience with Stellenbosch University. I had a great mentor and a great team. I know not everyone might have a great experience. It is certainly hard work and time consuming but I did love what I did back then.
5,0
Stellenbosch peers are very organized and helpful. They have an excellent learning environment with collaborative personnel. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students.
Pros
Organized
Cons
4,0
Besides lecturing schedule, there is no fixed work-time (flexible hours). However, academia is results driven, and as such most days are spent in the laboratory (10+ hours per day).
5,0
Colleagues are professional and friendly. Good team work exists among personnel. The University has good systems and policies in place which make working as an administrator very easy and rewarding.
5,0
there is less pressure and they let you do your job as a physio. you have ability to operofm your own duties and make sure that you do the best of your abilities. the staff is juat fun to be around warm and welcoming and very considerate. activities are well organised and the time schedules are always up to date
4,0
I worked at the department of client services, which is typically relaxed and casual. However, it was the start of the new academic year so it was demanding and challenging. I learned how to work with many diverse clients and to always be professional, communicative, calm and helpful. I learned that I flourish within a well structured work environment that brings more challenges and the ability to solve problems directly. I loved working under a leadership style that gives me autonomy.
4,0
A typical work day started early and was filled with interaction with students and academics. My job pushed me to challenge myself and presented troubleshooting on a daily basis. Time management and prioritisation was two important elements of my job which was fast paced. The campus culture allowed for growth opportunities. Management was supportive.
3,0
The place had a decent culture surrounding campus. The social life was rich and rewarding. My academic modules were challenging enough, and I had enough free time
4,0
Busy day solving research related queries about research activities in communities, learnt patience in managing field workers and explaining research to community members who did not understand scientific research and its principles. I enjoyed community events where I got exposure to different cultures within the diverse communities we worked in.The hardest job was dealing with communities who have different political ideologies as this affected the research activities within those communities.
5,0
Wonderful space for students to start getting some work experience while studying. Learning how to time management everything in your life and actually feeling like you are contributing towards a team.
4,0
I enjoy working at Stellenbosch University. It is a fast-paced, stimulating environment and I love sharing my work space with so many knowledgeable people. Our management in the division strives to offer training and growth opportunities to team members and encourages a caring workplace culture.
4,0
During my time with the company I had two different leadership roles. In both these positions I was allowed to take responsibility for the projects and programs that I wanted to develop and employ. Great learning opportunity. Highly recommend.
3,0
They the ability to train young growing engineer and they have a disciplined culture which I embrace from them. I learned how to identify and diagnose the issue and bring about an innovative approach to the solution. I was able to be a creative and imaginative thinker, with the ability to see the bigger picture in a strategic manner and set achievable objectives.
3,0
A typical day at work is resolving administration first, followed by the preparation of samples for analysis. Throughout these tasks, you have to help students with their analyses as well which is the hardest part of the job.
4,0
A typical day at work was quite involving and required a lot of planning and execution. It helped to cultivate an attitude of careful planning and organizational attitude. Also, the work environment resulted in a good social and inter-personal relationships between workers and customers. The hardest part of work was finding a suitable place and time to fit in impromptu work but we usually ended up finding a way even during stressful and hectic days. Nevertheless, the opportunity to relate with others and help them solve their queries brought joy to us and made it worth it.
3,0
I never worked at Stellenbosch University, I was only a student. Bing a student at Stellenbosch has taught me many life and work skills. Self-leadership was a very important skill I learnt during my time here. The areas of my life that developed exponentially were my people skills, work ethics, teamwork, work and personal life capacity.
3,0
Friendly workplace. A typical day at work is productive and fruitful. Management is ready to help and planning is required from all employees. I enjoy working with people.
5,0
Being part of the 2015/2016 House Committee had various challenges related to politics and safety such as the Fees Must Fall Movement. Besides that, as a team, we learnt to manage, motivate, support and lead a residence of over a 150 women that is strong minded, driven and diverse. It was fun to be part of such a dynamic and diverse residence but it was also challenging to balance both the studies, leadership and social activities. However, I learnt a lot about myself and the above mentioned skills and for that I am grateful. I have used these skills in both life and work and it has changed my manner of thinking and approaching any situation.