Stellenbosch University
4,1 out of 5 stars.

Stellenbosch University Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

Excellent academic Institution, among the three best in the continent, and among the top 300 Universities in the world According to Shangai rranking. Competent staffs. I am proud and grateful to my study leaders, who gave me to have an experience as teaching assistant, during my Doctoral studies.
It was a good experience working in the Stellenbosch University. This is an environment where your academic experience is tested and improved to raise your confidence and problem ability. The institution management are very well organised and fantastic in organisational management. I have no regret having less than a year work experience at this academic institution.
Pros
Good relationship
Cons
Early to office
During my time with the company I had two different leadership roles. In both these positions I was allowed to take responsibility for the projects and programs that I wanted to develop and employ. Great learning opportunity. Highly recommend.
Stellenbosch University offers a teaching assistant position for each faculty. It is a wonderful position to develop academic administrative skills. All employees are friendly and those with higher positions are open and willing to share information. The position has very little micromanagement and keeping to personal deadlines are key, but work freedom is refreshing
Helpful staff and co-workers combined with well equipped facilities. The opportunity helped me to develop excellent communication and time management skills. I also learned how to work well with people and incorporate different ideas and opinions towards the successful outcome of a project.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
After hours marking
Responsibilities: - Set tests, examinations and memorandums - Head weekly meeting with tutors - Supervise tutors - Head tutorial sessions - Administer tests - Distribute work load to tutors
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Stellenbosch University?