Stellenbosch University

Administrative Officer4 reviews
South Africa4 reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

Productive and fun workplace

My day starts daily with receiving deliveries from different courier services companies then deal with student and academic requests and queries for the day.

Pros

Being able to deal with different clientele on a daily basis.

Cons

Benefits and perks are not market related (13th cheque)

Working for US

The institution allowed for development and growth bur work progress lacked. Management structures show minimal diversity and the work culture also needs to vast improvement. What i enjoyed about my employment period there was the fact that i could help students whom was in need- supporting them through accurate completion of application forms. I also enjoyed working with my immediate staff- since we worked as a team and the Manager also followed that pattern- all were treated the same- no levels.

Pros

End of year functions

Cons

No work progression

Constructive, productive and learning space with fun

I have been introduced in areas were I thought I could not afford to do such as writing report of which it was difficult to write for experienced and highly qualified people but that brought lot of fun reading and laughing at my mistakes but getting a chance to rectify them with a learning how to write for big companies.

Pros

Free food and lots of departmental functions

Cons

When people don't want to interact.

Productive and stable working environment

A typical work day starts at 08h00 and is very productive from their onwards, either personally or electronically. Everyday you speak to different people and discover the different needs people may have. Immediate management is respectful and very considered in any circumstances. Level of trust is also very good and work is much appreciated at all times. Work very well with some co-workers. What i do not like about my work is to give negative results to students and their parents, because i want everybody to have a chance at success which is not always possible. What i like best of my job is the freedom i have to do my job and the fact that i am trusted with what i do, and the working environment is clean and save.

Pros

children and staff can study for free.

Cons

excessess workloads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stellenbosch University. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance