Stellenbosch University

Teaching Assistant5 reviews
South Africa5 reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

Productive workplace

Excellent academic Institution, among the three best in the continent, and among the top 300 Universities in the world According to Shangai rranking. Competent staffs. I am proud and grateful to my study leaders, who gave me to have an experience as teaching assistant, during my Doctoral studies.

Excellent environment for growth

During my time with the company I had two different leadership roles. In both these positions I was allowed to take responsibility for the projects and programs that I wanted to develop and employ. Great learning opportunity. Highly recommend.

Great skills development

Stellenbosch University offers a teaching assistant position for each faculty. It is a wonderful position to develop academic administrative skills. All employees are friendly and those with higher positions are open and willing to share information. The position has very little micromanagement and keeping to personal deadlines are key, but work freedom is refreshing

Excellent work environment

Helpful staff and co-workers combined with well equipped facilities. The opportunity helped me to develop excellent communication and time management skills. I also learned how to work well with people and incorporate different ideas and opinions towards the successful outcome of a project.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

After hours marking

Assist Lecturer

Responsibilities: - Set tests, examinations and memorandums - Head weekly meeting with tutors - Supervise tutors - Head tutorial sessions - Administer tests - Distribute work load to tutors

Jobs at Stellenbosch University