Stellenbosch University Employee Reviews for Tutor
South Africa13 reviews
Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 121 reviews
Indeed Featured review
The most useful review selected by Indeed
Stellenbosch university provides one with the opportunity to grow and establish networks. working with the department, it was interesting to see how different the sub-department functioned as one to ensure that the students are trained and helped in ways that would see them become future thinkers and active members of the society.
Learnt a lot from tutoring the way I did. Required lot of l tours of work and students from tertiary and secondary education facilities. Interactions with different people of different professionals allowed for increased growth
Not specified times
Rate your recent company
Share your experience to help others
Being a tutor at Stellies was an enjoyable experience. The supervision was minimal which allowed you to grow in your own space. It gave me my first opportunity at learning how to deal with people. While I did not get official feedback from the lecturers whose modules I helped tutor, I did get the overall impression from the students that my presence and skill were helpful to their studies
We had covered many of the aspects required to complete the job, This made tutoring certain courses very easy and required minimal set-up time. It was a very rewarding experience as I enjoyed the interaction opportunity with the various students.
Help us improve!
Is Indeed your favorite place to learn about companies?
As a tutor I have learned many skills and I really enjoyed working for the University. We were a great team working together. I have outstanding organizing skills and I am a creative thinker. Being a tutor has also learned me to understand and respect different types of people in many different environments. I have greatly improved my ability to see a problem from different points of view before choosing an appropriate solution.
Working with people
Working within a tutoring environment showed me how great it was to teach. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the students and helping them reach their full potential within the discipline of psychology. A typical day at work would consist of presenting classes and working with students. This working environment taught me to work within a structured environment and sharpened my organisational and interpersonal skills. My co-workers were easy to work with, friendly and dependable.
See more Stellenbosch University reviews
You may want to try:
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stellenbosch University. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 121 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Stellenbosch University
- What are the working hours at Stellenbosch University?3 people answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Stellenbosch University?3 people answered
- Does Stellenbosch University require background check? What kind of background check does Stellenbos…3 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at Stellenbosch University?3 people answered
- What is the company culture at Stellenbosch University?2 people answered
- How long did you wait till you received your feedback after the final interview?One person answered
- Does anyone know how the competency test is structured?One person answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at Stellenbosch University?One person answered
- How do you feel about the future of Stellenbosch University?One person answered
- How long does it take for one to get feedback after the final interview
See all questions and answers
Stellenbosch University Reviews by Job Title