Stellenbosch University

Stellenbosch University Employee Reviews for Tutor

Tutor13 reviews
South Africa13 reviews
5,0
Stellenbosch university provides one with the opportunity to grow and establish networks. working with the department, it was interesting to see how different the sub-department functioned as one to ensure that the students are trained and helped in ways that would see them become future thinkers and active members of the society.
5,0
A universidade oferece excelentes condições para o desenvolvimento das atividades de ensino e pesquisa.
4,0
I only worked as a tutor and assistant but the hours are good since you can select when you want to work and you are always paid on time. It is also not a formal environment so you can swop shifts with others if you cannot make your slot
4,0
Job hours were fair for everyone. Job description was well put. Management was great. The balance between studies and work was Good, it just needed your time management.
4,0
Learnt a lot from tutoring the way I did. Required lot of l tours of work and students from tertiary and secondary education facilities. Interactions with different people of different professionals allowed for increased growth
Pros
Experience
Cons
Not specified times
Tutor students,
people learn differently because they are different.

management was good

the culture was ok

balancing between work and my studies

free lunch during meetings
Pros
challenge
Cons
low salary
4,0
Being a tutor at Stellies was an enjoyable experience. The supervision was minimal which allowed you to grow in your own space. It gave me my first opportunity at learning how to deal with people. While I did not get official feedback from the lecturers whose modules I helped tutor, I did get the overall impression from the students that my presence and skill were helpful to their studies
4,0
The opportunity to help students who needs extra support has helped me to think on my feet and understand how other students think. The support from the supervisor was very helpful and the students very friendly.
4,0
We had covered many of the aspects required to complete the job, This made tutoring certain courses very easy and required minimal set-up time. It was a very rewarding experience as I enjoyed the interaction opportunity with the various students.
Pros
Interaction
Cons
Marking papers
3,0
Making sure all tutors are on time, overseeing schedules and meetings with lecturers. Making sure that there is constant communication between students, tutors and lecturer. Admin duties. Marking of essays.
Pros
Flexible hours
3,0
It is the best place to broaden ones' life plans. The most enjoyable part of the work is the ability to work and meet with people from different walks of life.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
less time for fun
5,0
As a tutor I have learned many skills and I really enjoyed working for the University. We were a great team working together. I have outstanding organizing skills and I am a creative thinker. Being a tutor has also learned me to understand and respect different types of people in many different environments. I have greatly improved my ability to see a problem from different points of view before choosing an appropriate solution.
Pros
Working with people
4,0
Working within a tutoring environment showed me how great it was to teach. I thoroughly enjoyed working with the students and helping them reach their full potential within the discipline of psychology. A typical day at work would consist of presenting classes and working with students. This working environment taught me to work within a structured environment and sharpened my organisational and interpersonal skills. My co-workers were easy to work with, friendly and dependable.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stellenbosch University. Our community is ready to answer.
4,1