STOCK MARKET COLLEGE
3,3 out of 5 stars.

STOCK MARKET COLLEGE Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working at this company everybody is helpful. They teach people how to daytrade on the JSE I loved working with every single person in the company
It is well established company, co-orparate very much with employees to achieve the best Goals of the company. The management adhesive to their head controllers. I enjoyed provision of training n skills development to well excellence in production.
Pros
Free breakfast, coffee
Cons
Normal working hours
Hard work but it pays of. Difficulty in finding clients that qualify. Closing deals. Highly competitive environment. Difficult clients. Untruthful clients.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Clients that don't qualify for the product
Having to generate our own clientele was a challenge of its own.We were sharing office space with different teams .I enjoyed the morale of my colleagues.We were faced with alot of responsibility where the philosophy of 'What you put in, is what you get get out! ' was at work .The management of our team was very motivational and friendly always ready to listen and advise.I enjoyed the aesthatics of our office environment. Very Clean, well cooled and a place to be proud of.
Pros
free coffees
Cons
commision
Its was nice to work for stock market college but it wasnt a permanet job but it was challenging and good to be part of the company i was working monthly
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great company as a whole. The head office is of top quality. Leadership is great, the Cape CBD branch was problematic. Job progression was very fast, I moved up within months
Stock market collage is a fun company as a call center agent but that's all it is, the salary structure is poor, you find yourself working for transport and even going through a whole month unpaid and frustrated, the senior management can be friendly but not professional and utterly Unskilled in management and at times very rude and disrespectful to agents to the highest degree, abusing workers rights and laws forcing to keep people at work from 8am to 4 pm which the working hours keep changing constantly as well as other rules and policies but no pay per hour for being there making calls for nothing and there is no contract existing for call center agents just a verbal agreement for pay and promotions with no written contract ,absolutely no basic salary at all but they lie to people and say there is, so if you have nothing better to do with your life and time then go and volunteer because that's all you are there ,a volunteer ,the most you'll ever make there realistically is half or less what thy promise a month maximum if your fortunate or no pay at all, no free lunch that's not true just short 15minutes tea time and 30 minutes lunch with no canteen, I know all this and more because I worked there for months and quite it's not a real job.
Pros
no free lunch unless on special aucations, just free tea/coffee
Cons
normal working buisness hours but not paid for
Stock Market College (SMC) is company teaching individuals on how to trade on stocks and currencies. As a sales consultant, I enhanced my skills in the promotion industry, able to achieve great targets, being able to deal with big clients with difficult questions
Pros
free lunches
Cons
moderate hours
Each day is different but always hectic. Meeting new people each and everyday. Dealing with either call center staff, or sales reps that need help with presentations. Running a sales office, emails to clients and pre-qualifying clients for affordability. Getting docs from clients to finalize deals. Arranging training material for reps. Recruiting and interviewing. The workplace is a very viby, sometimes noisy but very pleasant environment. Exiting to see how clients are making money. I call it Wall street in SA. Hardest part of the job, not being able to assist clients who really wants the product or not getting a deal in on time. Most enjoyable part is, that hard work pays off not just financially but also emotionally.
Pros
Incentives
being creative is a key I managed to learn how to create my own leads. How to be self motivated and not to be discouraged. creating your own was the the hardest part f the job.
Pros
they are very welcomig
hard to convince clients never apply for a position of target driven salary unethical or unprofessional managerial corporate culture is not that important to travel using your own money and unreasonable sales targets commission paid every weekend but depends on number of clients (No clients, No commission)
Pros
sales knowledge
Cons
target driven salary
I was running day to day project administrative duties which I enjoyed the most that is the reason I decided to further my studies in the project management faculty to get my national diploma in project management. all the organisations that I worked for all their cultures are highly professional and the management are treating their juniors with respect.
Working for Stock market college as a sales consultant has been a good opportunity to me. Because it helped me to equip my selling skills. But there is lack of management support and the salary structure is unethical.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
The salary structure is not good
Well managed, friendly staff, good communication. The managers and employees work hand in hand to make sure everything runs as smoothly as it possibly can.
Pros
Very well balanced, friendly staff
Days inside the office are mostly about creating a client base and making new/more leads. Days outside the office are mostly about meeting clients or potential clients. I've learned about different manners of communicating and connecting with people, understanding different business backgrounds and a safer way to trade. Every consultant has a team leader which makes answering questions less challenging. There's a lot of teamwork within the company itself, this makes the work culture diverse and there's less conflict. The hardest put about the job is getting to clients that are outside my office area. The best part of my job is that you don't always have to see clients on your own and the flexible working hours.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Commission based
Smc is a good working environment but plz if you know u want something real and u want to make a money do not go there.the distributors do not care about u or ur situations and I worked so hard and when I had to be paid I didn't get paid and it's commission. So save your money and your time don't be like us who regret going there from the first place .trust me .
Pros
wifi
Cons
not being paid
Stock Marker College is the best company to work for pity that only your job is not secured because there is no basic salary nor benefits only commission structure.
Pros
Free lunches and end of year functions
Cons
Normal hours
I got to meet new people and network. Also I've learned a lot from them and their staff. It really was great learning and working experience. Stock market college was a fun experience.
Pros
enough lunch time
Cons
transportation
The workplace is lovely, The stuff is friendly and welcoming and reasonable working hours. They Provide free tea, we had 2 tea times that ere 15minutes each and a lunch that was 30minutes long
Pros
free tea
Cons
Company it's not stable, it's terms and conditions change daily , they promised you one thing tommorow it's new story all together, not a good company to work for .
Pros
non
Cons
lies about aalaries
Check in, Ensure that the consultants had heir appointments for the day. Ensure that staff reach their targets for the day. Hardest part of the job was being in charge of people that were older than me