Stowe Holdings

Stowe Holdings Employee Reviews

South Africa16 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Opportunity to learn

The company as a whole is good. Nice vibe and environment, most staff is friendly and easy to get along with. Down to earth people which makes the working environment easy and fun. Unfortunately, in certain departments there isn't much growth. You basically stay where you are. You can apply for positions within the company but from my own personal experience, you wont get the post as they want to keep you where you are.

Pros

Social Club, team buildings within the departments, friendly staff, easy to get along and make life long friends.

Cons

Salaries arent always the greatest, Team leaders & Supervisors often take the credit for work done by there staff, while they sit back and do next to nothing.

Friendly people multiple departments

Different roles to go into ... diverse company Good people ... friendly staff .... growth potential good

Pros

Incentive bonuses

Cons

Long hours and a lot of traveling

Fair

Must be good with time management. It's a chilled company with many benefits. The job security is poor. Management is also chilled and down to earth

Very competitive

Good start for field service . But good place for service delivery and customer service training Working with different corporate and standards But I enjoy en general

Productive and fun workplace

I've been working for Stowe holding for 10 years. It's been a fun and exciting experience. I've grown so and learned so much over the years. Stowe makes the workplace exciting with the social events we conduct 3 times a year.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Little Growth

An awesome organisation, especially for young individuals who require work experience.

A typical day at work within this organisation can be described as unpredictable and a growing experience within various aspects of the organisation. I have learnt so much from my temporary and permanent employment, from general administrative duties to marketing roles, as well as, being exposed to service delivery responsibilities. The workplace culture has become very corporate. The hardest part of the job is to stick to deadlines. As mentioned earlier, a typical work day can become very unpredictable, which means that priorities constantly change and it becomes difficult to reach deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is the creativity aspect. Also, when one can literally see one's own growth is really motivating.

Pros

Great work experience.

Cons

Culturally not very motivating.

Stowe Holdings ,admin

I had that Stowe Holdings management are very good and helpful to the job seekers.i like to work very close to my managers assisting them with job and I like to do my job everyday without complaining.i like to be happy always at the work place.i also respect everyone's in the work place.

Stowe Holdings

- Decent work environment - I have learned alot about the fueling industry - Management was good - A bit of a problem where people do not want to work together - You never know if its going to be a smooth day or a day full of escalations - Work socials ...used to have social every Friday but that has been taken away ...nevertheless still fun socials

Pros

Incentives and competitions are given

Cons

Any escalation of any sort can make it a tough day

at this company i have learned a lot of things and how to deal with people and how to work with people at the same time as an in dependency. The work duties are so interesting and i enjoy to work all the time. I am trustworthy when it comes work related.

Pros

enjoy work duties

Cons

long distance from home to Office

Fun and very intersting

Mostly admin work, I have learned alot bout the fuel industry, Management looks after their staff. The most enjoyable part is the FUN events we have at Stowe.

Pros

Good working hours

Cons

Salary

Balanced

Well Balanced work environments with excellent customer service and a key understanding of client Sla's. Exellent management and a good team to work with.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

very long hours

team work

A place to make your own , amazing collogueaus , lots to learn about , management is productive . hardest of my job is getting my proper feedback to make my job actively involve

Energetic & Fun Place to work

Energetic working environment that serve a niche market. Provide insight into a very interesting Oil & Fuel industry. The family culture allow for all employees to perform their tasks with ease. Good balance between work & having fun

Pros

Social events

Most of the day you busy working, time flies and during the cause of the day you have fun with your co-workers in the staff room

1. Always busy, deadlines to meet and projects to coordinate that is currently running. 2. Everyday you learn something as every oil company change daily proccesses and procedures. 3. Management is daily visible as it is a family business 4. Very productive because all have timelines to perform to 5. When you not have enough time complete your work 6. When I performed in such a manner that we receive 98-100% achievement on all our SLA performance

Pros

Receive a special bonus for performance

Cons

Because of centain contracts I work afterhours

its a good working eniroment.

* I have learned that IT company's how do they operate. * The management it very good towards employees. * I have learned that communication and teamwork is the key of bussnes. * And i have also learned that with comitment,dedication,hard work and passion anything is posible.

Pros

team building, end year functions.

Cons

am starting from 8:00 to 5:00 evening

Developing and nice workplace

Always busy with my daily tasks.Interpersonal relations, Customer service, communication.Manager doesn't expect me to check everything with him.Maintain sound interpersonal relation.Dealing with difficult colleagues.Delivering my deadlines in time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stowe Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance