Sun Chemical

Sun Chemical Employee Reviews

South Africa11 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Experience

Working for Sun Chemical was a good experience. The people were friendly but the management was picky in terms of working relations and workers complaints weren't taken into consideration.

They are productive

The problem is they don't wanna give permanent job you can work more 5years a casual no Benefit nothing,and giving you small money,and the management at sun doesn't care about stuff working on site they Only care about the job to be done

It good to work on printing you experience so my things

Having good communication with colleagues it make me feel better every day and night, as my job is very challenging, so i ve to be in a good mood every day

Pros

Ok

Cons

Ok

long hours plus you have to work hard.

When you work at sunchemical you always have to be scared 😓...but if you do your job properly and smart no one will be on your back.but you must be active.

Pros

free medical aid

Cons

it's was nice to working for sun chemical.Their job was enjoyable,easily to understand and the staff was nice

Working at sun chemical it's gives me a lot of experience because now I know how to operates machines how to check samples,how to fill product in the containers.

Pros

your lunch

Cons

normal hours

General

I clean where the ink spill on the ground and assist the operators in the factory take more working that note my job hard working and self motivated person I am willing to show my portantial in working hard

Productive and excellent team players

The Management was excellent but there was not much growth for young people. The culture was great and felt as part of family to everyone. There was not much hard part in the business, as we always met our targets. The most enjoyable part was to take customers out for lunch.

Pros

Work Independent, and take your initiatives

Cons

Hazardous environments

Great environment,a family feeling initially.

Typical day at work included calling on existing customers & dealing with technical issues. I learned a great deal at the company, it definitely boosted my confidence as years past, also learned a lot about management and people. When the company decided to change the business model at the end of 2014 this is when a lot of confidence was lost in management. The loss of that family feeling was gone & became very corporate. A desision was made to cut staff & factory people. The most difficult pat of the job was dealing with conflict & claims. The most enjoyable was the challenge of acquiring new business partners and building on the relationship.

Pros

Freedom of workplace, my own boss

Cons

After hours call outs towards the later years

productive and relationship with other workers

By working in this company teach me alot especial about handle of chemicals and danger of certain chemicals.it a fun place and safety is the first thing that they also good at. The want all they worker to be safety as possible. This is a good place all I can say.

Pros

having end of the month playing soccer

Insecure

Potential to grow is great within the Company, lack of ownership when it comes to crisis from Senior Management. Nature of business makes the stability very robust.

Pros

Internationally recordnised Company

Cons

Buy in very difficult when working with staff for a long period of service

Rather Not!

Love what I do. Cannot wait to go to work, the sick thing is that I love Mondays. I built such a efficient team and this is something that they are proud of. Cape Town branch produce the highest OTIF's of all95 branches across the world. Excellent housekeeping

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sun Chemical. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance