Superbalist

Superbalist Employee Reviews

South Africa9 reviews
4,0
Was an amazing experience and team. Ensure that you were always taking time to balance your life as whole and every happy family. Engaging with staff and being able to be very different but yourself was always a good thing.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Smart work not hard work.
5,0
This environment is only for people who like constant change and challenge. Entrepreneurial spirit and fast pace. High accountability and out the box thinking.
5,0
My basic is R6000 . I am hard working employee so every month I make use of my incentive bonus, Which is R2000 for the month, which allows me to make ends meet.
4,0
Superbalist is a very good place to work at. The atmosphere is vibrant. All other developers are very knowledgeable and are willing to share their knowledge.
Pros
Staff discount, Dstv discounts
Cons
Little benefits
1,0
I worked at Superbalist for only 7 month (permanent position) but quickly realized that it was not my cup of tea.

The management team has a very high opinion of themselves which transfers down to the team so that the atmosphere felt fake/artificial.

I have heard of numerous occasions in which not your skill/qualification decided about a promotion, but rather your buddy-status with key people.

The office is nice and they try to set up a trendy entrepreneurial atmosphere - I personally think they failed as it is not executed well.
Pros
office space
Cons
status counts more than skill
4,0
lively working environment, amazing culture.

fashion orientated.

high enegry, fast-paced environment.

results-driven.

dealing with customers of a wide variety.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no medical aid
4,0
Start up cultures create a platform for exponential growth and skill development.

Incredible team of down to earth employees that worked together to achieve the company goals.

Fantastic experience working for this company!
5,0
I started December 2016 and my first day was nerve-wrecking, but had alot of fun learning the process as the hours went buy i did'nt want to go home. I enjoy every second of the day when im at work. They make you feel welcomed. I love my job but its unfortunate that im not permanent.
Pros
Management will give sugary boosts to build up your energy
3,0
No two days where the same. It was a fast pace, think on your feet environment where you worked under pressure. It is a start up company so we had to be able to adapt to change quickly and efficiently as we were always learning new aspects of the business. My co-workers were all friendly and hard working. The working environment was tough but fun at the same time. The management approach was a personal very hands on. Managers guided us accordingly but also pushed us to think for ourselves and figure out how to do things on our own. The toughest part of the job was the short deadlines and having short amounts of time to execute projects. The most enjoyable was constantly learning new things and being able to work well under pressure. Team work was key and our teams worked efficiently together and constantly supported each other. I thoroughly enjoyed researching trends and putting ranges together from a range of different suppliers and brands. Working with different clients helped to teach me how to handle different people effectively.
Pros
Great people, encouragement, room for growth
Cons
Long hours, no benefits
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superbalist. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9