Superbalist
3,8 out of 5 stars.

Superbalist Employee Reviews

South Africa13 reviews

4,0Work-Life Balance

Too much work for so little money

Very stressful. The sister companies (MrD and Takealot) gets paid more for doing the same job. Internal posts are already designated for specific people and they will interview just so that you can't claim unfairness. Gaslighting is very real in this environment. No incentives. Overall not that cushy

Pros

Sometimes you get to work from home

Cons

Long hours, short lunch and tea breaks

Fun place to work for, great culture and Management

It was a great company to work for, Management was fair and fun and the culture was good to work in. Most of the processes are quite fairly new so input is needed on how to better processes, so your voice is literally heard by Management

Superbalist is a fast pace environment, can be stressful and you need to be mentally prepared at all times

Superbalist is a fast Pace environment, stressful and you need to be mentally prepared at all times. Its a great place if you want to master on your communication skills, as well as your written skills. If you love fashion, group work you will enjoy it

Pros

There's drink alot every Thursday after your shift

Cons

Can be little toxic

Overall you can work if you don't really mind little money that has no possibility of growing

Salary is too little but too much workNo incentivesSmall group which is nice but can be very intimate depending on the type of person you are.Good support structure, close relationships with management

Pros

Drinkalot, relax have drinks on Thursday, room for growth

Cons

Money is not much at all for the work being done, time consuming

Ever changing fast growing company

This environment is only for people who like constant change and challenge. Entrepreneurial spirit and fast pace. High accountability and out the box thinking.

My salary is somewhat maret maret related. But I make use of company incentives.

My basic is R6000 . I am hard working employee so every month I make use of my incentive bonus, Which is R2000 for the month, which allows me to make ends meet.

Exciting and hard working.

Was an amazing experience and team. Ensure that you were always taking time to balance your life as whole and every happy family. Engaging with staff and being able to be very different but yourself was always a good thing.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Smart work not hard work.

Superbalist

Superbalist is a very good place to work at. The atmosphere is vibrant. All other developers are very knowledgeable and are willing to share their knowledge.

Pros

Staff discount, Dstv discounts

Cons

Little benefits

pretty on the outside ugly on the inside

I worked at Superbalist for only 7 month (permanent position) but quickly realized that it was not my cup of tea. The management team has a very high opinion of themselves which transfers down to the team so that the atmosphere felt fake/artificial. I have heard of numerous occasions in which not your skill/qualification decided about a promotion, but rather your buddy-status with key people. The office is nice and they try to set up a trendy entrepreneurial atmosphere - I personally think they failed as it is not executed well.

Pros

office space

Cons

status counts more than skill

amazing workplace

lively working environment, amazing culture. fashion orientated. high enegry, fast-paced environment. results-driven. dealing with customers of a wide variety.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

no medical aid

Start up cultures create a platform for exponential growth and skill development. Incredible team of down to earth employees that worked together to achieve the company goals. Fantastic experience working for this company!

A very successful business place and beautiful environment to be in.

I started December 2016 and my first day was nerve-wrecking, but had alot of fun learning the process as the hours went buy i did'nt want to go home. I enjoy every second of the day when im at work. They make you feel welcomed. I love my job but its unfortunate that im not permanent.

Pros

Management will give sugary boosts to build up your energy

Fast pace but fun environment

No two days where the same. It was a fast pace, think on your feet environment where you worked under pressure. It is a start up company so we had to be able to adapt to change quickly and efficiently as we were always learning new aspects of the business. My co-workers were all friendly and hard working. The working environment was tough but fun at the same time. The management approach was a personal very hands on. Managers guided us accordingly but also pushed us to think for ourselves and figure out how to do things on our own. The toughest part of the job was the short deadlines and having short amounts of time to execute projects. The most enjoyable was constantly learning new things and being able to work well under pressure. Team work was key and our teams worked efficiently together and constantly supported each other. I thoroughly enjoyed researching trends and putting ranges together from a range of different suppliers and brands. Working with different clients helped to teach me how to handle different people effectively.

Pros

Great people, encouragement, room for growth

Cons

Long hours, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superbalist. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance