SweepSouth

SweepSouth Employee Reviews

South Africa24 reviews
Challenging, and competitive
Having to find new places to work for every single day is challenging, moreover one needs to have data on a cellphone everyday so as to be able to confirm jobs, sometimes finding the client's location can be a bit of a challenge to a point that one might end up having to use uber to find the location which adds to the cost and sweep south does not pay for those extra costs. However it's good to teach one independenc.
5,0
It good company BT u need to be focused and know what you want work on Ur pace and give more to gain more in other to received good money it no work no pay even if u take a day off difficulties when u suffered to get a place of ur client u charge for that even if u late
3,0
Interesting work, high stress but rewarding
Even though the environment was not the best and toxic at times. It was a great learning experience. You learn a lot about yourself and about the tech industry. It is very important to work happening there so you need to stay on your feet. You need to have tough skin and know yourself and believe in your capabilities to work there.
Give permanent work place
I enjoyed to work at sweepsouth. Bt i had an accident and couldn't be able accept jobs or report when im was back from hospital i did go to the office they refused to give me my job again even though i tell them what happened i was disappointed
3,0
It was a cool place where you ask someone if there is a problem
Am young ambitious who is prepared to achieve the desired goals of the description.I am a hard worker, reliable fast leaner and team-player.i like to interact with people and adapt easily to different kinds of enviroment. Iam willing to acquire more knoledge and exposure in well renowned organization,where my skills and abilities will be utilised to a great extent.
Stressful working environment
- A stressful working environment with Poor management style
- They have hired a private HR consultant who does not work on the site full time, when there's an employee/Employer dispute, HR sidelines the company instead of being neutral.

- The company is white-dominated yet they say it's a BEEE company.

- The companies processes are poor and since it's owned by a Wife and husband, it means when they have a fight at home or bad day from home that day, all employees will feel the heat.

- Promotions are given to the selected few people based on the colour of the skin, not on merit.

- Top Management has no manner or the good way of talking to the junior employees when resolving issues, that is why based on all the above listed few points, more than 8 hardworking and top-performing employees resigned within a short period of time in the year 2019.
Cleaner
We clean offices and guesthouses all around Cape Town and houses flats and schools. I enjoyed working there by now I need something new because is commotion there and we go all over Cape Town
Was nice working here
My Review is that was absolutley nice working here by Sweepsouth... would like to work there. Again ,what make it more nicer is that everytime you meet new people,you work your own hours Nd you work when and where ever you want to.
It was good and short
So far so good working for sweepsouth it is interesting because you meet different carectors different people and you earn more money...and you also know many places
No culture
Working at SweepSouth was like being transported back to high school without the fun parts. You wont be heard if you are not part of "management", who are not qualified to be managers. You will be subjected to bullying and blame on a daily basis because management lack responsibility and people skills.
However if you enjoyed those things about high school and lack people skills, this is the place for you. Good Luck
4,0
I am very hard working person ,reliable,honest,panctual and time keeper
The must thing I enjoy about cleaning is when I'm done when everything is in order equipments where they belong I enjoy that fresh small neat and beautiful place.the hardest part of the job is to go down on your knees and scrubbing I learn new things every time like to what you use when something have a stain who to remove that muck
3,0
High security when they see that you did not press arrive at your client house they give you a phone call,
Working at sweepsouth was a great opportunity for me because,infact it is the best company ever,on their training they make sure that you are well trained for this job,their clients was always honest when the hire someone they make sure that they give you full details including their directions to arrive safe at their houses.
4,0
Good
When I go to work depending on what time am I booked by client to come to work , when I leave home I click on !y app that I'm on my way' , when I arrive I click ' I've arrived' so the client will know I! At the gate. I've learned to work with different types of people the good and bad..I learned time management cos without that you can't survive at Sweepsouth. The hardest part is to deal with a very rude client. The enjoyable part is that you travel a lot to even new places you didn't know about.you tour and explore, and meeting very good people out there!!thumbs up Sweepsouth! I love Sweepsouth!
Pros
Cons
It depends on the work, between 3 to 9 hours per day
2,0
I love working for the company,I treat my guest with respect and loyalty on my job. I try to grant their needs and make them comfortable as possible.I love cleaning.
Pros
the people there
Fun and productive
U choose your own hours and where u want work and u can take days off on ur app if you have family problems without worrying about loosing your job,if you use the app correctly and mostly you clock in and out using your phone,confirming jobs too
Pros
Free data app
Cons
Less hours
Exciting & Fast Paced Company Culture
Super company to work for - no two days are the same.

Definitely not for those that like their comfort zones but superb learning potential and an exciting space to work in.

A strong, committed team make every day enjoyable!
4,0
Empowering culture and job satisfaction
Working at SweepSouth is definitely not like working at a big corporate. The business is nimble, moves fast and is rapidly scaling. That means that you'll like be involved in aspects of the business that traditionally can be seen as out of scope for your role, but you'll learn a lot in a short space of time and contribute to building a great business. Your input will be valued, your dedication rewarded. The business also offers wonderful freedom in how you do your job on a daily basis which is tremendously empowering. This is not a 9-5 company and you will work outside of normal office hours from time to time. If you like working in a silo, this is not for you.
Pros
Flexibility, job satisfaction, culture, contributing to something great, interesting problems, meritocracy
Cons
Potentially for some people: Constantly changing direction, pressurised environment
A busy environment
A typical day would be to interview ladies that are interested in becoming domestic workers, teaching and training the ladies about sweepsouth and what is expected of them. I have gained experienced in teaching as I am studying to be a teacher at Unisa. The workplace is fun and everyone has the freedom to express themselves. The hardest part about the job is having to train over 30 ladies in a day. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet different ladies who speak different languages.
Pros
The company would organise team buildings so we would travel to go to Cape Town for any functions
Cons
We do not get overtime in working weekends
5,0
A lean, fast growing company with a challenging, meritocratic culture
SweepSouth is a great place to grow and learn while supporting the disruption of an industry with deep, historical issues. This environment is a challenging one which I find stimulating as a high performing, A-type personality. Through my performance, I have been rewarded with constant above inflation increases and I feel like my contribution to the company is valued.

Let's be clear though, SweepSouth is a start-up looking to rapidly scale. If you buy into the culture and enjoy a challenging work environment without corporate BS, this is the place for you. Some may struggle but if you're the right person you will thrive.

Given the immense challenges faced in our industry, support and operations team members need a thick skin and a sense of empathy. Our workforce faces many issues in their day to day lives and customers can sometimes lack empathy which can be quite upsetting. However, SweepSouth holds strongly to the values of dignity and respect so you will find that your managers will back you up in difficult cases.

SweepSouth pays above industry standards and has a benefits package which is the same across staff members and is quite unmatched by other workplaces of a similar nature. We get medical aid support, pension fund contributions, cleaning credits, on-demand psychological support, and a generous leave policy.

Overall, while there have been times of struggle, I have grown immensely during my time at SweepSouth and I owe the company and its founders a debt of gratitude.
Pros
Every day is different, above industry average pay, camaraderie among colleagues
Cons
Certain periods of the year can be very challenging
fun
I do the laundry,clean all bedrooms , bathrooms do the ironing and play with the children after school.My bosses are always there for me at all times,cleaning the house while children are around are one of the hardest part of the job,playing with the children , preparing food and bathing the kids
Pros
free lunch
1,0
SweepSouth is not a good company to work for
SweepSouth is by far the worst company I have worked for, there is absolutely nothing empowering about the company. Cold call recruitment companies and previous staff members and you'll hear what people are treated like.

Generally, you are not heard and you will be spoken to terribly on a daily basis from day 1.

I would strongly advise against working for or using this business.