Sysco

Sysco Employee Reviews

2,9Work-Life Balance

Showing all 5 565 reviews

This is a good job

This is a good job and it has good benefits. Hours are flexible and the office is new and has a keurig machine, free coffee and healthy snacks. Food trucks every week.

Emploi payant

Si tu veux faire beaucoup d heure c l emploi pour toi

Pros

Allocation pour repas et vetements

Cons

Beaucoup d heure de travail physique

No communication

Emails fly around no one ever responded unless corporate is involved. Overlooked when you do a good job. The best employees are pushed harder with out incentives

Pros

Cons

Healthcare, vacation time, penalty on calling out on Monday or Friday, no one takes fault for mistakes always blame another department

2 February 2023
We appreciate your feedback. Sysco aims to provide the best management and support possible for our associates, and we take your feedback seriously. We encourage you to reach out to us at 877-777-4020 so that we can directly address your concerns.

What is the best part of working at the company?Working outside of the office What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Taking pay cutsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very sterile and uptightWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Start at 7am and end at 630pn

2 February 2023
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The well-being and safety of Sysco employees is very important to us, we’re sorry to read you didn’t enjoy your career with us. We take your feedback seriously and encourage you to contact us at 877-777-4020 to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Good Money, Bad Vibes

Sysco pays you just enough that it is hard to leave but the pressure to always be opening and cutthroat mentality of other Marketing Associates can be disheartening. I worked there for five years. While I left on good terms, leadership at the DSM level was inconsistent at best and senior leaders at the OpCo were in their own world. Bottom line, if you wan good pay and industry's best benefits, this is the place for you. If you want a positive and engaging work environment, look elsewhere.

2 February 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.

Great pay and good hours

The management team was very out going and did everything to make sure I had up to par equiptment to perform my job. Anytime something came up they were understanding and worked with me very well.

2 February 2023
We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. Sysco values our hardworking associates, and we’re committed to providing them with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. Thank you for your positive feedback!

Hard work good pay

You’ll make good money but you are gonna earn it long hours and very physical not gonna get much help if things go wrong with your load in trailer

Good job if needed

It’s a good place to work if you wanna make money. Overtime is where the money comes. Very hard physical job long hours can get very tiring. But it’s a good place to stsrt

2 February 2023
Thanks for sharing your feedback about what it’s like to be a member of the Sysco team. We strive for excellence as we help our customers succeed. Keep up the good work!

Great training, sometimes feel like you’re just a number

Was great before customers had to start placing their own orders. I was great at upselling while taking orders, and it was a big loss to me to have to tell my customers they had to place they own orders

2 February 2023
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your training experience at Sysco! We strive to provide the best resources and development opportunities throughout your career with us. We wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Lots of pros & cons

If you don’t like physical work don’t apply.. great pay & benefits but with big money comes HARD physical work and that’s how it is at Sysco. There’s always pressure on yourself after your probation period to show improvement, no set time to get off they will work you until everything has been finished even if it’s something out of your actual hire position they will have you “help” do other people’s jobs.

Pros

Pay, benefits, hours

Cons

Overwork and doing more than your position title

1 February 2023

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sysco?

The money is awesome overtime everyday

Company pays very good , lots of over time. The tractors need to be replaced along with trailers. They need better management and dispatching who knows how to do the drivers job. The ware house needs to load the truck up better and be more organized. Enjoyed the customers and co workers. My manger was very understanding and try to help us with the tools he had. If he had more resources to help his drivers , they would stay and a better plan of action.

Pros

Money, benefits, overtime

Cons

Digging for cases that is not there and breaking down pallets to get to one case

1 February 2023
Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. Sysco values you and your efforts to help us fulfill our Vision to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner!

Hard work + fun group

The pay is great, the work is tough but doable. Lots of hours on your feet but you get used to it and as long as you have a personality, you'll get along with everyone. The humorous yelling and competitive banter adds to the hard work and mentally alleviates most of the stress bc you're laughing. Supervisors and managers are really good people who help make things flow throughout the day. Watch out for the oil, water then flour in aisle N and lastly, the potato chip boxes in aisle X! Ha! Fun but hard work. Fortune Cookies!!! #52

What is the best part of working at the company?Great opportunity for hard work. Great advancement and very competitive pay. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Operations never stops and it can get stressful, but it’s very rewarding and there are great people who work in this industry. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great cultureWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Usually 10-11 hours, there’s a lot of associates that work a 4x10 schedule which is great.

1 February 2023
We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working for Sysco. Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback and we wish you luck with your future endeavors!

Fun workplace

Hard to believe you get paid to have so much fun here. Great people, great pay, just nothing bad to say about this place. If you are willing to work hard this is the place for you

1 February 2023
Thank you for leaving a review! At Sysco, our goal is to support and sustain an inclusive work environment that engages and enables a diverse workforce. We hope you continue to enjoy your time with us!

Very interesting job on your feet a lot if you have the mental capacity it won’t be that bad if you stick to it it gets easier. With that being said keep going

1 February 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed and valued your time at Sysco. We appreciate your contributions to the company and we wish you the best of luck in the future!

This is a great place to work at!

Management is extremely competent and helpful. They really want you to succeed in this company. My coworkers are all the most cool and laid back people you will meet. Really enjoy working here.

Pros

Great benefits great work culture.

1 February 2023
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We try to create an open, inclusive, collaborative environment that brings out the best in each member of our diverse team! We hope you continue to have a positive experience at Sysco.

hard earned salary

you will work hard but the compensation is great, over time learning the stops & product makes the job easier after that is just the challenge of staying committed

High pay, hard work

The harder you work, the more you'll make. Good incentives but if you're older, it'll wear on your body pretty hard. The work itself isn't difficult mentally but you'll work long hours.

Work harder than needed

Your truck is pre loaded but your stops are not organized and you will be “digging” all day and they expect you to be done quickly! Your 2nd stop will be under all your later stops which is frustrating. Supervisors in warehouse just want the pallets loaded quickly

30 January 2023
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate all of the time and energy our associates put into working for Sysco, and we take your feedback seriously. We hope that you provide feedback to leadership so that your specific concerns could be addressed.

Run while you can

Not enough pay for the amount of work I’ll will break you in long run ..management is not so good they will throw you out there an it’s all up to you . I will not recommend for a first driving job

27 January 2023
Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with Sysco. We’re proud of the benefits we offer and we’re committed to providing our associates with the tools and information they need to take full advantage of these offerings. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations and will take this into consideration for the future.

Great company

Fast paced , strong leadership , diverse, great company to work , great team. Share with care. Good place to work.Competitive salaries

30 January 2023
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. You are helping us fulfill our Vision to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 5 565 reviews

2,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,6 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,9 out of 5 stars for Management
3,0 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Sysco
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?