Sysco

Sysco Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,882 reviews

This is a good job

This is a good job and it has good benefits. Hours are flexible and the office is new and has a keurig machine, free coffee and healthy snacks. Food trucks every week.

hard working all the time

always hard working, heavy products. good place for over time shift, make more money. working 4 days a week, having lots of time day off. driving downtown all time.

27 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate all of the time and energy our associates put into working for Sysco, and we take your feedback seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to leadership so that your specific concerns could be addressed.

No communication within management Drivers are always under the gun even though the Warehouse is the problem

Sysco does not train their employees the proper way. 90% of the people that are there working with less than a year are looking for a new job. They feel they can always hire people so they don’t care if you quit or don’t like it.

Pros

Nothing positive

26 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.Sysco associates are the reason why we have become the world’s foodservice distribution leader. We are committed to continuous improvement while upholding our Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct. We take your feedback seriously and welcome you to call us at 877-777-4020 so that we may obtain greater detail regarding your concerns.

Money is endless

Solid job. Money is there for as long as you can stand the job. Not great equipment, physical work, low morale at times, but the money and benefits!!!

Pros

Money, benefits

Cons

Not fulfilling work. No home life balance

25 January 2022
We appreciate the time you took to leave a review. Sysco values our hardworking associates, and we’re committed to providing them with a competitive, comprehensive pay and benefits package. Thank you for your positive feedback!

Terrible place to work

No training, unfair pay, over work and under paid, poor management, horrible communication. Management will go home super early and expect everyone to stay and do the work for them. Management also does NOT communicate with you or train you for anything they just expect you to figure it out. But you have to do it correctly or it's all your fault.

Pros

Cons

Pay, hours, no communication, poor management

24 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you haven’t had a good experience and hope that you have provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns can be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods –––such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. If you haven’t already, we hope you will take the time to share the specifics of your feedback in a way that will enable leadership to act on your concerns.

Steady work and will keep you busy.

This job overall is okay. I feel that has to be a better way to select the pallets. It is labor intensive and steady movement daily. If you are good at what you do you pretty have autonomy.

Pros

Decent income

Cons

Unnecessary labor to accomplish job

24 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. You are helping us fulfill our Vision to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner!

Run!

This is not the place for anyone looking to do real IT work. You will be expected to run yourself into the ground with little to mo help or explanation on your progres.

24 January 2022

Typically a good company to work for depending on the department

I've been successful here, but not much room for advancement unless you have specialized training. For some, after a while, you get complacent. Not enough opportunities in this career path.

Pros

Good benefits, pay and work life balance

Cons

Sometimes upper management is blind to those that are not always the loudest, but perform well. Sometimes it seems like not what you know but who you know.

24 January 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at Sysco. We understand how important it is to maintain balance and we’re glad that you’ve found that balance with us!

Ugh

Stressed, stressed over and over again hardly recovering from the intense days of working but pay is good. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone that can’t handle the fast pace environment with supervisors yelling every minute to go faster.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Stressed by over working

20 January 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The well-being and safety of Sysco employees is very important to us, we’re sorry to read you didn’t enjoy your career with us. We take your feedback seriously and encourage you to contact us at 877-777-4020 to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

Trabajo fuerte

Trabajo fuerte, días largos, muchas paradas, buena paga.

Pros

Paga bien

Cons

Camiones con poco mantenimiento

Travail agréable

Bonne entreprise , bonne ambiance . Le rythme est soutenu

Good company great wages and bosses

Good place to drive for, wages are great and you go home when you finish the run, hardly ever do more than 40 hours a week unless its OT which is time and half for doing a 6 day, office and boss are decent too, help you if they can, done a lot worse jobs, can be hard work, but well paid, been here a few months and will stay put

Pros

Staff sales, wages, good holidays, other drivers, decent office staff, fresh trucks, left to do your job

Cons

Rain?

19 January 2022
Thanks for sharing your feedback about what it’s like to be a member of the Sysco team. We strive for excellence as we help our customers succeed. Keep up the good work!

The culture has changed, and not in a good way

This was once an amazing place to work, with leadership that really cared. Most of the executives at Sysco are new in the past 24 months and some are bullies that are destroying an amazing culture that took decades to build. The CEO has an amazing vision for Sysco’s future and, under his leadership, this company stands a chance…but HR, Finance, and Technology are in trouble if things don’t change quickly.

Pros

Benefits, size, variety of career paths, high turnover - especially in HR, operations team at all levels is fantastic but fighting an uphill battle without adequate support

Cons

Lack of work life balance, pay isn’t competitive, senior HR “leaders” who don’t seem to care.

19 January 2022
We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. Sysco knows that work/life balance is important to our associates. While we’re sorry that your position on our team isn't adequately meeting your needs, your feedback helps us as we continue to improve in this area!

Absolutely stressful and terrible to people. Fear driven. You are just a number

Absolutely stressful and terrible to people. Fear driven. You are just a number. They keep track of everything you do and keep your life boring. 10-14 hour shifts, getting overweight despite hard work due to the BS culture.

18 January 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.

Treats employees well and clearly focused on its values

I felt like my opinion mattered and saw a variety of work styles that worked well for everyone in my group- I think that my department responded well to the pandemic as there was flexibility in terms of remote work.

18 January 2022
We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working for Sysco. Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback and we wish you luck with your future endeavors!

Fairly descent place to work but expect to work there's alot especially in the summer

The good you get paid well...the bad if you a consistently good worker expect to get more of the work. What stands out the ability to move to different positions like into the office or as a driver etc.

Pros

The good you get paid well.

Cons

the bad if you are a consistently good worker expect to get most of the work.

18 January 2022
Your feedback is greatly appreciated! Sysco works to make sure each associate is appropriately rewarded for their hard work and dedication to our company. Sysco values you and your efforts to help us fulfill our Vision to be our customer’s most valued and trusted business partner!

Stay away

You never know when you'll be working and they up and change your route and pay less every week the routes are terrible and the warehouse makes it impossible to have good loads could be better and they find away to make it worse

Pros

Cons

Benefits suck cut your hours pay sucks

Great place to work.

If you don't mind hard work and want to make 80k your first year then this is the place for you. Selectors only have a four day work week which is an added bonus!

Pros

Endless perks.

Cons

Very physically demanding.

13 January 2022

Overworked and underpaid,

No loyalty to employees, temp service employees hired on at max pay and full incentives, with max fill rates while Sysco employees are pushed to hit impossible standards set by management for a few extra cents bonus per case or face possible write ups or termination for not hitting picking standards

13 January 2022

Overworked

Very Unorganized and Terrible equipment. If you want to run up some money this might be the place for you. I would not recommend staying long term, dont trade your life for money.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything else

18 January 2022

Long hours with brutal workload

Weeks consisted of four 12-14 hour days with a 16 hour day mixed in. Heavy lifting all day. Stops are all close by so 80% of the job would usually be moving and unloading product. Trailers would be loaded with no consideration for drivers. No room to move around, multiple stops on one pallet that needed to be broken down and separated only to fall upon arrival at the next stop due to lack of space or material to secure items. Layovers. Switching from night shift to day shift was a usual occurrence but also the only way to get doubles and hands off loads. Pay was good but your going home just to sleep and kill yourself again tomorrow.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hours Heavy lifting

10 January 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sysco. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9
  • Sysco
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?