TAKEALOT.com

TAKEALOT.com Employee Reviews

Fast paced enviroment

Takealot is a fast-paced environment, therefore, you need to adapt quickly to changes. They don't offer any incentives or rewards.The job is good for someone fresh out of high school but someone that needs to support a family and with the rand value in south Africa the pay is not motivating enough.The hours is long with only 30 minutes lunches aswell.

Pros

work from home

Fishhock

I like to be a driver at takealot they work very nice with people and keep them busy so I really like to join them thanks I have so many friends working with them

Is a good and calm workplace I would to work on.

It's a safe and free environment where I would like to see my self working In. I would like to work with positive and hardworking ,happy colleagues.

Pros

We will get 1 hour

Cons

We will get 1 hour 30 minutes

Montana branch its own people you work there for 8months but the don't give you parcel but somebody just join n find you there boom she get parcel within 3months mxm

Pros

No lunch

stressed workplace

The environment is not a nice one to work for especially at the DC's.The only thingthat matters is to meet SLA, people health n safety are put secind and the manaement id not very accomodating.

Stay Away!

Stay way from this company. Very disgusting treatment from management, they change the rules and procedures literally everyday, from what you are allowed to wear to the shifts. They are hardly ever on time for training so you spend most of time just waiting for them. There is a lot of favouritism, some drivers do 10-15 orders a day were some are lucky to even make 5. What you get paid per delivery is embarrassing compared to the cost of living! The job costs more to maintain( petrol, uniform, airtime) than what you actually get paid. I spent almost R2000 just to get the job... roadworthy test, multiple copies of documents they require, delivery bag, reflector jacket, petrol for 3 days training which you don’t get paid for. And they don’t tell you this during the interview process, they tell you last minute so you have no other choice! Very unhealthy work environment, my mental health has drastically deteriorated since I started working there. It is not worth it, I made about R1000 to R1800 a week which I mostly spent on airtime, data, petrol for the job and I hardly took home much. The wear and tear on your car is not worth it. There are so many deductions and fines for stuff that don’t make sense. Worst company I have ever worked for. I know there are a lot of desperate people out there but please stay away for your own good!

Pros

No pros!

Cons

Long hours, very little pay, you get treated like a slave, unprofessional treatment from management, very expensive job to maintain with no support from the company

Non-prodictive

Not much of challenging in a positive manner and no room for growth. Limited opportunities and no exposure to new levels just do a boring job no inspiration at all. Long hours that lead to fatique and more of exploitation. Poor me management style and under payment with poor hourly rate.

Pros

No free lunches

Fun and productive and team buildings and various other activities

Takealot. Com is a great place to work. Management are kind and supportive and you never feel like you are alone. Work can become hectic like any other workplace where there are deadlines. I would recommend anyone to apply at this company.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

No benefits

Skill equipment and good experience

At Takealot it is good for a short period of time since you still excited about the job, however as the time goes on I then realized that no my salary does not balance out my current standard of living considering where I am living (Cost of livingwise) They don't pay according to the complexity of their duties at all..

Underpaying overworking

Durban offices were bad. Couldn't get time for a break. Manager is selfish. But the owner is great. Team works hard but are very underpaid. Do not recommend.

Cons

Low pay. Long hours

Not the best company to work for

Honestly, landing a job at one of the biggest e-commerce companies and the pride I felt, that quickly disappeared when I learnt what Takealot is really about. Long hours, favouritism, trainers & senior staff have no knowledge on training the Staff they are just doing “whatever”. No benefits, the salary is alarming! Wouldn’t recommend you to work here if you have kids & bills, it’s more for someone who is studying or have just left school.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, measly salary.

Stressful and filled with favoritism

From the start day of training all the way till the day, you go live its stressful, long hours and you are underpaid. Loads of favoritism by management.

Pros

Helpful for those fresh out of high school

Cons

Long hours, short breaks, favoritism, lack of benefits, underpaid, in competent trainers and managers

It's a nice place to work in

Take a lot is good company that anyone can work in it's helping us to learn how to work with groups and organizations and understand the need for comp

Pros

Cons

It depends on how much the picks of the day

Nothing much this company is horrid

Thier management is run by a buddy buddy sytem not the ideal place to grow unless you friends with management. Steer away Steer away Steer away Steer away

Cons

Productive, fun, energetic and vibrant

Dynamic workplace that comes with self growth, development and advancement. All around flexibility management is very nice so are the collueges I loved the team efforts....

Pros

Always looked forward to the variety of snacks/food I was offered was satisfying and to my likeness

Intense

At takealot you will not be treated with love by management, you are a slave and you are replaceable, you are expected to work whole days without rest even though you are an independent contractor and it's a part time gig or side hustle, you get threatened for not being shifted you get fined.As a contractor at takealot/MrD you provide your own resources car, petrol,cellphone, data and airtime of your own without these you are not able to work or function but you are threatened if you don't come for a shift even though you are independent they don't provide anything but they still feel the need to threaten you when you are unable to come in or you are out of resources.It's not a healthy environment both Sandton n Soweto branch they looking out for their own interests and you are just a skivy.

Pros

Side hustle for quick pocket money

Cons

Threats from takealot

Fast paced job

It is enjoyable working at Takealot. To make money at Takealot you must have your own vehicle (not financed), and you must enjoy driving. Most of all, you must be a self disciplined person because this is your business. Last point, you must not be a talkative person, do your job and keep quiet you will thank me later.

It's good company

Takealot it's the best company I ever wished to work at ,it as good results never lose focus and what I like more about the business it provides the customers online shopping .

Takealot!!!

Working at takealot was fun their training process is challenging however they support you till the end and they are very very strict because they value client that are being given the service. Now I know how to be treated as a client in any business because of Takealot. They recognise staff for good ratings from clients

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Long hours and small salary

Mr d customer service agent

The company is a great company to work for however the lack of management support and often being treated like dirt by both the customers and teamleaders makes it a terrible working environment .Its all fun, but management has their favorites. And honestly the pay is not worth all the hassle. And things you put with . Even the perks for working at Mr Delivery isn't that great at allSick days and maternity leave for agents are unpaid.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Pay, Benefits, hours, management

Overworked and underpaid

Though it is a fun and an environment that promotes growth and personal improvement. I believe Takealot.com does not reward it's agents in fact it seeks to cap the earning potential of agents. The customer service team is the most hard working team in any company yet in this company it is taken for granted. There are no incentives, limited opportunities to make more cash unlike some of the biggest call centers. There's no medical aid, no employee benefits except a funeral benefit that to me is useless. The only thing that seems good is that you maybe be made permanent. I would not recommend working at Takealot.com for someone who had more experience. However, for a fresh out of high school or fresh out of varsity student; it is a good place to start.Takealot.com seeks to be Amazon's competitor but fails to take care and invest in it's customer service team such as Amazon.

Pros

Get to be exposed to various aspects of the business, shadowing opportunities and rapid growth.

Cons

Salary, Employee Benefits, No transportation provided to travel back home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAKEALOT.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• TAKEALOT.com