TAKEALOT.com

TAKEALOT.com Employee Reviews

South Africa202 reviews

3,2Work-Life Balance

Fast paced

A bit draining tbh and not sure theres much room for advancement, draining like other call centres but it was good enough for the time when i needed it

Nice and chilled...

There's no better place I've worked at other than here... My manager was a very intelligent person who misses nothing and was always on point. Gifted is what he was...

Pros

Free coffee and tea... WiFi as well...

Cons

Long hours indeed...

Good

This company is good as long you enjoy out side with your customers and obey the rules while driving. And you spend lot of Time outside than in side if you are a drive .. good !!

Pros

Any lunches

Productive workplace

Employees are hard workers (drivers and management staff). Everyone's busy and everything is fast paced. Most enjoyable part of the day is delivering deliveries to people and seeing smiles on their faces. Hardest part of the job is the waiting for food orders. Competition has increased significantly over the years and there are more drivers now, meaning that you can go hours on the job without receiving food orders.

Product and fun place but a bit stressful

First year was very awesome at the company, until the management changed. Things turned out to be very difficult for everyone, crazy shifts, hourly target is too high. You don't get time to rest except for lunch break. So much pressure from team leaders and managers aswell.

Pros

Free transportation for overtime

Cons

Working Monday to Monday

Fun workplace

Great place to work as a student wanting to work part-time.Working hours is 5 hours as a part-time employeeManagers are greathard part is the salaryGreat colleagues

Pros

part-time hours

Cons

not the best salary

Productive everything was good and professional

I really liked working for take alot everything was good rate was good working hours was good but off days were bad..team was perfect but wat I failed to understand is when you have to report my late coming but still get an worning

Toxic Work Environment

At first it seems "cool" to work for an "almost like" Amazon company. But once you're employed you'll find unfair practices and favoritism towards specific groups. Management is poor, Senior Management is even more poor and practice favoritism and discrimination if you're not "part" of a specific culture.

Pros

If you're desperate and need a job and this was the last job on earth.

Cons

Non binary thinking culture, Discrimination, Long hours, Terrible Shifts

Stressful off-peak hours

Atleast you have time to sort other things out while waiting for delivery. It can get frustrating sometimes when your work peers are getting orders consecutively and you will be waiting

Fun place but no money

Honestly it ddnt work out for me I had to buy my own uniform wich was R1200 while I just started the job you buy your own Data and the app chaws a lot of Data it was more like I was helping them to get the deliveries,my car ,my phone ,my petrol,my data and it was R12,50 per delivery.you get paid less than what you invested,parcels are given to long time employees they benefit more .the new people you deliver food .

Suck up to managers

I have learnt that in order to get anywhere in this company u need to suck up to management. They advance their friends who doesn't know policy or anything and the ones who are so skilled get pushed to the side line. Pay is junk

Fun work place

Long hours salary is not enough for the hours worked. Management is great very understanding. Company has lots of fun activities to include every worker.

Pros

Free snacks, thirsty Thursdays

Stresfull and extremely frustrating

Fast passed with no support from management, not a safe environment to work for as there are robberies happening from time to time and month to month contracts.

Too much

They expect too much from their staff. If you are an introvert they force you to take part in their activities and it’s never just about work. They always complain about getting work done but always have time to waste.

Good

It is good to work at takealot company in order to gain experience in logistics and delivery.They have 100% team work.Hard-working pays.communication matters most.

Pros

Own lunch

Cons

8am to 10pm

I get to work 6am monday to saterday,prepare my deliveries for the day,the hardest part about my job is hijackings,we get hijacked alot,the most enjoyable part about my job is driving back to the werehouse without being hijacked

Pros

Free vouchers every december

Cons

Sometimes we work overtime and not being paid for it

Its the worse company to work for. I would recommend anyone for this job.

I give it a no star. Its the worse job ever i wouldnt recommend anyone. Its high risk and salary is bad. As for working hours is not enough bec in the end they force you to do mac d deliveries.

productive work place

It is a great company and it needs an energy, good working environment with excellent management. Employees are treated equal, the love that we have for each other

Fun place to work

I was at at their social media department. I really enjoyed working there. I had no problems with management during my stint there. Best call centre I ever worked in. Sad thing was that it was seasonal, I was really disappointed when I found out that I wouldn't be permanent.

Pros

Relaxed environment

Cons

Long working hours, low salary

Good

I enjoyed working at the company, long hours and management style not good. Not good management at all, made the job terrible. Overall, it was fine.

Pretoria center

To delivery food and parcel to customers and it's very is to work and you suppose to good communication and clean and you suppose to be smart each and everytime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TAKEALOT.com. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,2 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,7 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
2,9 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,2 out of 5 stars for Management
3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • TAKEALOT.com
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?