Talent Inc.

Talent Inc. Employee Reviews

3,0
Good environment but hard work and pressure of a start-up Little room for advancement. Management is very transparent about what is happening to the company and will seek your opinion
1,0
very low pay as if your a typist, how can they expect quality writers with degrading pay-this isn't a match... And the account manager didn't follow through as promosed.
5,0
This job is great for resume writers who can create content fast and well. There are plenty of opportunities to make money if you work hard. I am an experienced resume writer and feel like I should be compensated more for the work I put in, therefore, I would not say this is a good job for someone who likes to take their time to make good products.
5,0
I really enjoy working for this company. I am able to talk to new people from across the country and world and get to help them pursue career opportunities. I love supporting people and having work life balance.
3,0
Different pre of work only events. The season is slow you don't have any job to do. so part time sure... I will stick with them for some time till find something more substantial.
Pros
comunicative
Cons
slow job cycle
1,0
Although I'd never written resumes professionally before, I decided to apply to Talent Inc. Within a few days I had an interview -- which was literally a phone call with 2 questions -- and a written test. The feedback on the test was odd, and not consistent with the instructions, which should have been a red flag, but I took the offer anyway. As a fairly well-educated professional with a long freelance writing career, I figured I could handle it and it would be a nice boost to my income.

I was assigned a "mentor" who spent about an hour on the phone with me going over the process and talking about expectations, etc. Ok cool. Then I received my first assignments. I was expected to sift through pages and pages of online resources to complete the work, which was ineffective at best. Still, my mentor gave me good feedback and sent me on my way after the 3 trial assignments.

And then things went off the rails. After your initial assignments with a mentor, the assignments go through editorial review before being sent to clients. Despite getting praise from the mentor, all of my assignments were bounced back for different, conflicting reasons. The editors' comments were inconsistent, condescending, and quite frankly, ridiculous. And when I turned to my so-called mentor for help, my messages went unanswered, leaving me to figure things out on my own.

Finally, after I had 3 resumes returned within the space of an hour, all for changes that were either unnecessary or in direct conflict with previous requests, I had enough. So I sent an email to my mentor and said I was done,
 - more...
2,0
Great way to gain som experience as a resume writer. But extremely low pay for the amount of work that goes into a project. But if you don’t mind that, it’s a decent way to make some extra cash.
Pros
Remote, set own schedule
Cons
Very low wages
5,0
I love this job because I can do it from anywhere in the world, management treats me fairly, and even if a client is a nightmare, they're gone from my life in a week. There is a steep learning curve, but you can make decent money once you overcome it.
1,0
Talent, Inc. changed management and then fired me abruptly after I'd worked there for 4 years. I was there longer than the new management, and I knew the system back and front. I was one of their most experienced writers, and even after being fired, customers were still giving me good reviews. If the original and more competent management had remained, I would still be there. I feel sorry for anyone who works there now. They are inconsistent with their expectations, and they run through writers like water. Most companies want employees who are willing to grow with them. Talent, Inc. doesn't want to keep employees long term. They'll use you and lose you!
Pros
Resume writing is a legit work from home profession.
Cons
The management is horrible now, and they do not truly value their writers.
Official response from Talent Inc.
26 September 2019
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. In the last several months we have been adjusting and enforcing our responsiveness, quality and customer service requirements for our projects, all of them aimed at achieving an optimal customer experience and maintain a certain standard in our network. We notify writers who don't meet these requirements and work with them to assess whether this can be rectified moving forward. When this is not possible, we discontinue our engagement with the writer.

While taking these steps is not easy, we believe is for the greater good of our clients, our network, our company and the writer in question. We have a pretty open-door policy to discuss this in further detail, if needed. Feel free to contact me at armando@talentinc.com

Armando Roman

SVP, Operations
3,0
What I love about Talent Inc is that it’s remote and you can completely make your own schedule. But it pays writers very low wages for work. Some resumes take a lot more work than others, but you get the same rate per project regardless. Executive level projects and entry level pay the same, which is frustrating:
Pros
Flexible schedule, make your own schedule, remote work, take as many or as few project as you want
Cons
Very low pay for the amount of work required
1,0
Talent, Inc. gives very little instruction/training when you start. It is heavily self-directed training. You are given a mentor that has their own workload and gives you a tiny amount of feedback, nothing really helpful. My mentor kept moving me along and I thought I was doing well. After 3 documents, you are on your own. You think you are completing tasks to their guidelines and finish a resume in 2-3 hours (at less than minimum wage). Then, you submit it and start on another. Before you know it, the first has been returned and the juggling starts. Every time your resume is returned, you are making less money and spending more time. It is a hamster wheel experience where you are working for free.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Little pay, little guidance/training, poor feedback
5,0
The job was definitely difficult in the sense that there was always a lot to do, and the demands were high. However, my team was amazing, and we felt close. The other teams I worked with were also amazing.
4,0
This is a good company to work for as an Independent Contractor. It offers one the opportunity to work as much or as little as desired. The company is reliable -- always pays on time and there is plenty of work available.
2,0
If you already write resumes, this is probably a great place to work. $30-50 for a resume is fine if you're putting on a polish (and they do have high standards, so hey-if you're using them, thats awesome!) but an 80% rewrite with a client who doesn't give you a lot of info means you're doing a huge amount of research for $30. Spent seven hours redoing a resume as I was given little details by the client - had to find the info myself - and that's not worth my time. Like I said in my title - if you already write resumes, this place is great. If you aren't in that field already? Little training and a lot of frustration.
Pros
Good for the established resume writer
Cons
no training, low compensation
2,0
If you're really hurting for money, or just would like a gig that only lasts a few weeks, then this is not bad. The amount of pay you receive per resume is in no way commensurate with the amount of work you need to put into them. Standards and evaluation are pretty subjective; often, you can receive feedback on your work and have no time to respond, as you are then evaluated on resumes that were already in progress when you got the feedback!

But it is a job, and you can probably last for a few weeks, and that's enough for a little gas money or whatever.
Pros
Work at home.
Cons
Spotty support, subjective feedback, impossible quality standards, given the timeframes you have to work with.
1,0
Let me begin by saying I have a full-time job, and I intended to use this as an extra income. This was a very easy job to get, too easy. I am a technical editor, so I have experience. However my "interview" was exactly one question (why do I want to work there) and a short writing assessment. There was in introductory presentation with useful information, and you're assigned a mentor to help with your first few assignments. My mentor was fine, she was helpful and communicative. You're given absolutely zero training, just an information base with loads of info and company standards, and a long list of expectations.

You're expected to rewrite 80% of a client's original resume, and if you don't have enough information you're expected to research your clients jobs and write relevant entries yourself. I totally understand all of this, the client is paying for this service and expects a new, well-written document. My issue is entirely with the ridiculously low compensation for writers. You get roughly 30 dollars per assignment. I only completed one order with this company, and I spent many hours researching my client's past positions, and searching the company database for relevant information I needed. I easily spent 12 hours on this one assignment, going through multiple rounds of revisions with a picky client, all the while knowing I was only getting 30 bucks. And in the end, I wasn't even paid.

There is basically no supervision, which in my opinion can be a plus. My mentor was helpful, and the information base has a ton of useful information, but you spend so much time
 - more...
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
Very low pay, no training
5,0
Self-motivation is a must; Company has recently upped its incentives for writers and pay. Writing process is smooth and provides a collaboration opportunity between client and writer.
1,0
Don't do it. Everything is unnecessarily complicated. I have no idea how this company is in business. The pay they promise versus what you will actually receive is completely unethical.
5,0
I've been working with Talent Inc as a contract writer for over 2 years now. Many wonderful improvements. Compensation is fair, & I love the extra $$
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
When tons of orders come in - there can be a delay in communications
5,0
I have recently re-joined Talent Inc. as a remote resume writer and I love the changes they have made!

The compensation has increased and now some orders offer a speed/other bonus. I feel fairly compensated per order now with or without a bonus.

You can also review orders before you accept them which I LOVE.

Plus they have kept many of the things I liked before: work at your own pace from wherever you want, the knowledge-base, and writer support is great.

I would definitely recommend this job to anyone looking to make extra money in their downtime while helping people improve their resumes!
5,0
Talent Inc. provides me with an excellent opportunity to earn income while working from home at my own pace. The company culture seems to be laid back but very much in tune with the needs of clients and employees. I believe my degree in English and previous employment background in human resources have prepared me well for this position, and the feedback I receive generally supports this supposition. The best part of the job is the flexibility it offers. It fits my schedule and skill set perfectly.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Talent Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
3,3