TB HIV Care

TB HIV Care Employee Reviews

South Africa10 reviews
4,0
I have grown started as a linkage officer, went to many trainings and became a case manager for Hiv cases, work in one of the clinic that was rewarded by CDC in 2018 for reaching targets. And now I'm working as an OtL, but currently focusing on the covid 19 pandemic doing door to door screening. I have made a family with my team we have a great working relationship.
5,0
I would be very grateful if i continue working for Tb Hiv Care. Because its one of the companies that cares about employees and community as I'm the community worker as much as it is not easy to work with different people they have different characters but i managed to be with Tb care for four years now.
2,0
Lack of professionalism. No appreciation.
No empowerment. No personal views. Always on your back towards work related issues and your opinion is not valid.
1,0
No structure, no empathy towards clients, never acknowledge clients progress and are rude and unkind to the most vulnerable people in society. No collaborative work, no confidentiality, bullying, speaking about clients in a personal way not clinical. Often clients find it difficult to make changes as there is no consistency, structure or knowledge of harm reduction from workers. There are people who are in their jobs however do not at all meet the criteria of the job role which then is a massive unethical practice - no skills however counselling traumatised clients. No knowledge of evidenced based treatment modalities. The workplace is unprofessional, a shambles, lazy workers and I would definitely not recommend anyone with compassion or empathy to work there as you will never be affirmed or acknowledge.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Everything - management, negative environment etc
1,0
I've learned to handle different attitudes of individuals and making them understand how life works . The hardest part o talking to the community making them to trust you with their clinical records.
5,0
The working environment and management are great.
They have a good benefits but because it's an ngo there is no job security.

The is Alot of work pressure and sometimes may cause some stress
3,0

Teamwork

Facilitation and Presentation skills

Resourcefulness

Report writing

I learned to work and network with internal and external stakeholders and used it to my advantage in all my positions that I held with the company. There is power and strength in relationships and I applied these skills in my every day work life.

The hardest part of my job was managing and balancing work-home life. Due to the volume of work and nature of the funding environment in which the company operates, there are constant pressure to find suitable specialised staff within a short timeframe.

I enjoy interacting with staff, suppliers, partners and stakeholders. I also experienced much joy and sense of accomplishment when programmes are staffed optimally to provide services to the communities of South Africa.
Pros
Cons
Long working hours
5,0
Working for TB/HIV CARE is a dream come true for me, the company is amazing and it is big. I have learnt a lot, such as working on the systems they use. Their management is so powerful and professional The hardest part of the job was working for several departments at the same time but that was manageable.
Pros
Free Lunch
5,0
At TB/HIV i was a employed at the program called Medical male circumcision the whole experience was new to me and i was never exposed to that kind of set up before therefor it challenging especially the suturing part because mostly i am left handed but through training i learned ,in overall i learned a lot in program and what i am proud of mostly was that i form part in government vision that with medical male circumcision 60 percent of Hiv spread can be prevented.
Pros
Rest between seeing clients
4,0
It is a good programme that I am working on but I need new challenges. I enjoy working with the mobile teams but I need a change. I love this organisation