TB HIV Care

TB HIV Care Employee Reviews

I really enjoy working for tbhiv care and you really grow there there are a lot of opportunities just have to work hard

I have grown started as a linkage officer, went to many trainings and became a case manager for Hiv cases, work in one of the clinic that was rewarded by CDC in 2018 for reaching targets. And now I'm working as an OtL, but currently focusing on the covid 19 pandemic doing door to door screening. I have made a family with my team we have a great working relationship.

Productve

It's a very good organization they keep promises and it is good to work with Tbhiv care I recommend this organization must keep the good effort they make employees happy

Productive and fun workplace

I would kindly be honoured to work because i ama hardworking person very Determined and passionate. It was very exciting Patient were very comfortable being around.

Pros

Free lunches

fun and constructive

Working there was fun and constructive.i really learnt alot from working there at tbhiv care given the chance i will work there again.that is why i keep applying there too.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Hours were perfect

As a young Carrer woman i love working for Tb Hiv Care and i have gained a lot of experience.

I would be very grateful if i continue working for Tb Hiv Care. Because its one of the companies that cares about employees and community as I'm the community worker as much as it is not easy to work with different people they have different characters but i managed to be with Tb care for four years now.

Start up point for someone who is looking for a job. Learning curve for new recruits.

Lack of professionalism. No appreciation. No empowerment. No personal views. Always on your back towards work related issues and your opinion is not valid.

Dont work for them

No structure, no empathy towards clients, never acknowledge clients progress and are rude and unkind to the most vulnerable people in society. No collaborative work, no confidentiality, bullying, speaking about clients in a personal way not clinical. Often clients find it difficult to make changes as there is no consistency, structure or knowledge of harm reduction from workers. There are people who are in their jobs however do not at all meet the criteria of the job role which then is a massive unethical practice - no skills however counselling traumatised clients. No knowledge of evidenced based treatment modalities. The workplace is unprofessional, a shambles, lazy workers and I would definitely not recommend anyone with compassion or empathy to work there as you will never be affirmed or acknowledge.

Pros

nothing

Cons

Everything - management, negative environment etc

Working with Health care centers

I've learned to handle different attitudes of individuals and making them understand how life works . The hardest part o talking to the community making them to trust you with their clinical records.

Management and working environment

The working environment and management are great. They have a good benefits but because it's an ngo there is no job security. The is Alot of work pressure and sometimes may cause some stress

Fast paced environment

A typical day at work at TB HIV Care requires the following skills set: Attention to detail Accuracy Negotiation skills Problem solving Trouble shooting Assertiveness Creativity Networking Teamwork Facilitation and Presentation skills Resourcefulness Report writing I learned to work and network with internal and external stakeholders and used it to my advantage in all my positions that I held with the company. There is power and strength in relationships and I applied these skills in my every day work life. The hardest part of my job was managing and balancing work-home life. Due to the volume of work and nature of the funding environment in which the company operates, there are constant pressure to find suitable specialised staff within a short timeframe. I enjoy interacting with staff, suppliers, partners and stakeholders. I also experienced much joy and sense of accomplishment when programmes are staffed optimally to provide services to the communities of South Africa.

Pros

Cons

Long working hours

Productive and fun workplace

Working for TB/HIV CARE is a dream come true for me, the company is amazing and it is big. I have learnt a lot, such as working on the systems they use. Their management is so powerful and professional The hardest part of the job was working for several departments at the same time but that was manageable.

Pros

Free Lunch

My learning experience

At TB/HIV i was a employed at the program called Medical male circumcision the whole experience was new to me and i was never exposed to that kind of set up before therefor it challenging especially the suturing part because mostly i am left handed but through training i learned ,in overall i learned a lot in program and what i am proud of mostly was that i form part in government vision that with medical male circumcision 60 percent of Hiv spread can be prevented.

Pros

Rest between seeing clients

Cons

Fun because I am passion driven

It is a good programme that I am working on but I need new challenges. I enjoy working with the mobile teams but I need a change. I love this organisation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TB HIV Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• TB HIV Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?