Teach Me 2

Teach Me 2 Employee Reviews

Stimulating, investing in young people's lives.

Good company to work for. Pay structure could be reviewed a bit more to ensure tutors can stay on tutoring and consider that job as their full time employment. You build a trust relationship with the children you tutor, and it feels bad leaving them, due to poor pay.

Pros

Own time

Cons

Low pay

flexible workplace

Teachme2 connected me with students for tutoring and I enjoyed the flexibility where time is concerned and the one to one approach. It was good to see the students gaining confidence in the subject.

Pros

flexible

Cons

difficult to do as full time as teaching slots are irregular

Incredible!

This was my first 'proper' job since leaving university, and wow, did it exceed my expectations! The team that I was placed in was supportive from the get go, and whilst the job role challenged me and stretched me, I never felt out of my depth.The culture is fantastic, and every employee truly emulates what is written on paper. My team was gentle, kind, supportive - and we had so much fun together collaborating on various projects. Whilst a hierarchy does exist, you get the opportunity to work with everyone from operational leads to interns, and everyone's contribution counts equally.This company is changing lives in the education sector, and I felt so proud to be apart of it! The work is interesting and engaging, and there is always someone to help when required.Thank you, Teach Me 2, for growing me and pushing me out of my comfort zone. There was plenty of opportunities for career advancement and leadership talent never goes unnoticed.

Pros

Flexibility, Support, Working from Home

Productive and flexible workspace

Productive, remote and flexible workspace. Work in FreeLance, depending on your notoriety as a tutor. The students you deal with are the one to advertise the quality of the service you offer. The team support is very proactive, to assist both the tutor and the student, whenever this is needed.

The pros of being a Teach Me 2 tutor

I love working there. It is a very flexible part time job and I also love that I can help these kids. Teach Me 2 makes it easy for me by doing admin. And now that it's paperless its even better

Teach Me 2 Tutor experience

I have been working with Teach Me 2 for over 3 years as a tutor and I would say the experience has been nothing short of amazing. The handling of tutorial jobs from start to finish is just seamless. They do all the hard work in the background while I just focus on making sure the learner gets the required level of support. I am happy to be part of such an awesome family and have no plans of assisting students with any other tutoring company. Keep up the great work Teach Me 2!

Great part-time job at university

It was a great way to earn some money, while also studying full-time. I learnt a lot about myself, as well as being able to explain concepts to other people. I thoroughly enjoyed the feeling of helping people understand content that they were struggling with prior to our tutoring sessions.

Great for extra income for students

I have been a turor with tm2 while I was studying and even now as I'm working as a way to earn extra income and it has been great so far although their hourly rates for lessons aren't hight but they are great at placement and very professional. I have had no issues with my pay and them since I started in 2016

Epic work vibe!

Everyone in the team is absolutely friendly. The managers are super understanding and are always prepared to adapt your work hours to accommodate your personal needs.

More or less free working environment

As an academic tutor, I am mostly free to manage and organise the student's leanring material and pace on my own. Lessons, however, have to be scheduled via my manager (which is a bit tedious). No lesson scheduled and if the student does not sign the schedule at the end of a lesson = no pay. For a part-time job, this is quite enjoyable as I am working with students face-to-face and build a professional relationship. For the hours one puts in, the salary is great!

Productive, dedicated, and friendly working environment

Staff and employers are very friendly and helpful. Excellent Company! I have been working for them as a part-time tutor for almost 2 years now and everything has been great. Love working with TeachMe2. They are dedicated to helping learners achieve their goals.

Stunning first job opportunity

A typical day at work - depending on the season (for it being a school and university tutoring company its seasons wax and wane) - is a buzz of busyness. Phones ring, emails ping, and chatter is all around. One develops their Customer Voice for phone calls. This experience, quite apart from thickening one's skin against the attacks from the genus Clientus, allows for one to effectively dismiss personal acquaintances when they are annoying. The office plants are mostly plastic, but, quite like my botanical gift to my ex on Valentine's Day; "Plastic flowers are actually a really, really thoughtful gift, because they last longer!" They do save time on watering - compared to real plans - and tears when they inevitably expire. One finds it impossible to be apprehensive of company culture, because, personally, it is very hard to be apprehensive of coffee, cake, or doughnuts. The theme and dress-up days can become a little Soviet

Pros

teach me 2, how do I love thee? THe experience, training, opportunities, tech administration system, company culture and colleagues

Cons

A sometimes repetitive, millennial, underenumerated job, with limited perimeters for leave-taking, and, due to it's cross section of society, completely unlimited in the curious and exasperating customers encountered

Collaborative Team Atmosphere

I love working for Teach Me 2 because I get to impact what I do and the way I do it. I get to work with other like-minded people who also want to make a difference to South African education.

Pros

They care about people, The office is full of plants, They are constantly adapting, They have a nap room, The staff are amazing

Cons

They're growing quickly so there are the usual challenges that come with an expanding team, but they do their best to hear concerns and adapt.

Its a community where learners and tutors are champions.

Working with TM2 has been a fulfilling experience. I have come to discover that effective and rewarding teaching is a one - to - one relationship where the teacher has the opportunity to create champions than in a classroom environment. The management team has been doing great job in creating a space for lovers of knowledge to strive Learners grade and enthusiasm has significantly improve. The management team needs to do more in helping tutors find out exact reasons tutoring positions are refused by clients, the always reason given does not seem convincing and will not help the tutor improve nor the well being of the company. Long live TM2, God bless TM2.

Pros

Fulfilling, as i get to know and help learners at specific points of need.

Cons

Motivation, becomes very poor with one and always reason for teaching position refusals, leaving a hopeless future for the tutor.

enjoyable

First thing first, tutoring is a non boring job. I travel to clients who have booked for lesson, that`s the typical work is only for 1 to 3 hrs a day which is not exhausting at all.

Tutoring company

Relaxed atmosphere, free to work on own time, was great money for the service offered. Staff were very happy to help me out in finding a decent temporary job

Productive and Stimulating Workplace

-Support Managers they really listen to our queries and address them properly-I get a chance to work with peple from different back grounds and traditions.-Jobs is not really demanding because the amount of work to be covered is agreed upfront.-You have to potray good image of the company at all times and I does not matter whether your support manager is informal about other things but you have address him or her formally.

Good extra money for students

Working with TeachMe2 has allowed me to earn some extra money, without encroaching on my studies and university life. It gives you good experience with children and people in general.

Excellent

I've picked up many skills doing what I love with this company. The culture is very friendly and homely and it is really a pleasure to work for this company.

Very Flexible and Fun

Since I've worked at TM2, I've been able to harness desire to give back to the youth, especially those in school. I've learnt to assist the privileged and underprivileged.

Pros

Manage Payments from customers

Cons

Private Tutoring Jobs are few

Learning environment

The environment was geared towards learning however the remuneration was not that great. Although the company was growing rapidly sadly the salary remained stagnant.

Pros

Personal development is encouraged

Cons

Poor career prospects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teach Me 2. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5