Teach Me 2

South Africa41 reviews

Clear
4,6Work-Life Balance
4,3Culture

Healthy working environment with really wonderful people

Working remotely and full-time, the working hours were reasonable and the work-life balance was great. My colleagues were all lovely, with great attitudes and great work ethics. The company culture is supportive and feels like family. A great job if you want to learn new skills, whilst having great guidance from the team leader. Overall, TM2 is a company that does what it says it does: providing excellent tutoring services to those who truly need it.

Very flexible and fun

Great work culture, tutors are protected and supported. Comfortable and efficient. Prompt responses from the support team. Very good job for students.

Incredible!

This was my first 'proper' job since leaving university, and wow, did it exceed my expectations! The team that I was placed in was supportive from the get go, and whilst the job role challenged me and stretched me, I never felt out of my depth.The culture is fantastic, and every employee truly emulates what is written on paper. My team was gentle, kind, supportive - and we had so much fun together collaborating on various projects. Whilst a hierarchy does exist, you get the opportunity to work with everyone from operational leads to interns, and everyone's contribution counts equally.This company is changing lives in the education sector, and I felt so proud to be apart of it! The work is interesting and engaging, and there is always someone to help when required.Thank you, Teach Me 2, for growing me and pushing me out of my comfort zone. There was plenty of opportunities for career advancement and leadership talent never goes unnoticed.

Pros

Flexibility, Support, Working from Home

Productive, dedicated, and friendly working environment

Staff and employers are very friendly and helpful. Excellent Company! I have been working for them as a part-time tutor for almost 2 years now and everything has been great. Love working with TeachMe2. They are dedicated to helping learners achieve their goals.

Stunning first job opportunity

A typical day at work - depending on the season (for it being a school and university tutoring company its seasons wax and wane) - is a buzz of busyness. Phones ring, emails ping, and chatter is all around. One develops their Customer Voice for phone calls. This experience, quite apart from thickening one's skin against the attacks from the genus Clientus, allows for one to effectively dismiss personal acquaintances when they are annoying. The office plants are mostly plastic, but, quite like my botanical gift to my ex on Valentine's Day; "Plastic flowers are actually a really, really thoughtful gift, because they last longer!" They do save time on watering - compared to real plans - and tears when they inevitably expire. One finds it impossible to be apprehensive of company culture, because, personally, it is very hard to be apprehensive of coffee, cake, or doughnuts. The theme and dress-up days can become a little Soviet

Pros

teach me 2, how do I love thee? THe experience, training, opportunities, tech administration system, company culture and colleagues

Cons

A sometimes repetitive, millennial, underenumerated job, with limited perimeters for leave-taking, and, due to it's cross section of society, completely unlimited in the curious and exasperating customers encountered

Excellent

I've picked up many skills doing what I love with this company. The culture is very friendly and homely and it is really a pleasure to work for this company.

Productive and fun workplace

TeachMe2 is a great environment to be productive by helping people who need you and engaging with them, being their mentor. Overall, it allows you to grow as a person while grooming the ones you are tutoring.

The working hours were really flexible, easy to apply for work and the clients that we get to work with are fantastic. There is really good communication between myself, the tutor coordinators and the clients.

Excellent management and online administration

Teach Me 2 is the best tutoring agency in Cape Town. I have never had a Teach Me 2 client cancel a lesson just before the lesson was due to start, or upon arrival (this is common with other companies). Their management is so good at communicating with clients, that you will not have to worry about how you are getting paid, or when your lessons are scheduled for. Their online system that manages all the advertising, lesson feedback, payment history, tutor ratings and history, and job opportunities is first class. In comparison to BrightSparkz, this system works better (with the exception of logging lessons online, BrightSparkz does everthing by e-mail). It is also automated with SMS notifications so that you can apply for jobs and communicate with your lesson manager via SMS. The system of feedback to clients is reasonable and easy. You will only have to submit one feedback form per month (and even then, if you do not have much to say and do not submit it, they do not hold back on your renumeration) but this is a good practice anyway to keep track of what has been done in the lessons. The main area that Teach Me 2 can improve on is with providing tutor training. When I started out as a tutor, I had little experience with tutoring - only good academics. Tutoring is more than knowing how to do well in an exam. None of the other tutoring agencies do this, but it would really be a good addition to the services that Teach Me 2 currently offers. Secondly, I found it difficult to actually get a job for the first two years after signing up as a tutor (that is why I used BrightSparkz -

Pros

Ease of payments and lesson scheduling; professional service

Cons

Little opportunity for jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teach Me 2. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,4 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,4 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
4,1 out of 5 stars for Management
4,3 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Teach Me 2
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?