Teach Me 2

Clear
4,6Work-Life Balance
4,1Management

Many tutoring opportunities

This company is great for entry level tutors. The management of tutors and clients is hands down the best system for the industry. I have nothing negative to say about working here only positives!

Its a community where learners and tutors are champions.

Working with TM2 has been a fulfilling experience. I have come to discover that effective and rewarding teaching is a one - to - one relationship where the teacher has the opportunity to create champions than in a classroom environment. The management team has been doing great job in creating a space for lovers of knowledge to strive Learners grade and enthusiasm has significantly improve. The management team needs to do more in helping tutors find out exact reasons tutoring positions are refused by clients, the always reason given does not seem convincing and will not help the tutor improve nor the well being of the company. Long live TM2, God bless TM2.

Pros

Fulfilling, as i get to know and help learners at specific points of need.

Cons

Motivation, becomes very poor with one and always reason for teaching position refusals, leaving a hopeless future for the tutor.

Challenging and rewarding place to work

Teach Me 2 has given me the freedom of a flexible working schedule and more time spent with my family. The management team are very hands-on and all you to grow your skills and listen to any new ideas you have to make the company better.

Pros

Flexible working schedule

Cons

Excellent management and online administration

Teach Me 2 is the best tutoring agency in Cape Town. I have never had a Teach Me 2 client cancel a lesson just before the lesson was due to start, or upon arrival (this is common with other companies). Their management is so good at communicating with clients, that you will not have to worry about how you are getting paid, or when your lessons are scheduled for. Their online system that manages all the advertising, lesson feedback, payment history, tutor ratings and history, and job opportunities is first class. In comparison to BrightSparkz, this system works better (with the exception of logging lessons online, BrightSparkz does everthing by e-mail). It is also automated with SMS notifications so that you can apply for jobs and communicate with your lesson manager via SMS. The system of feedback to clients is reasonable and easy. You will only have to submit one feedback form per month (and even then, if you do not have much to say and do not submit it, they do not hold back on your renumeration) but this is a good practice anyway to keep track of what has been done in the lessons. The main area that Teach Me 2 can improve on is with providing tutor training. When I started out as a tutor, I had little experience with tutoring - only good academics. Tutoring is more than knowing how to do well in an exam. None of the other tutoring agencies do this, but it would really be a good addition to the services that Teach Me 2 currently offers. Secondly, I found it difficult to actually get a job for the first two years after signing up as a tutor (that is why I used BrightSparkz -

Pros

Ease of payments and lesson scheduling; professional service

Cons

Little opportunity for jobs

Productive and interesting workplace

I have leraned to work with different kind of genius people. I do not work every day infact I work in specific hours, days, and different places. The management is informative and reliable. I enjoy tutoring and changing mind sets of people towards mathematics

Pros

salary

Cons

Awesome and work at your own space and pace

I would give tutoring sessions to children who's parents believe that with my assistance they can achieve those marks, and not only does this provide a challenge by pushes me try work to better myself and achieve this goal because in the end, not only would I have touched another person's life but given them the belief that they are smarter than the marks they are currently getting. The management is always on point and great at their work, highly organised and highly friendly. The hardest part of this job is making the child believe that they can do it as most of the time we are contacted after the test or exam results and the student is dismayed The most enjoyable part is achieving the desired marks and having the parent thank you for it

Pros

annual workshops

Cons

long distance travel

Great experience

I had to deliver lessons to the children for the amount of time paid for - usually an hour a week. This was an amazing experience for me because I absolutely love children and I love teaching them. Working for Teach me 2 allowed me the opportunity to meet many wonderful people as well as teach the children and help them excel. Throughout my experience I have learnt that children become very despondent when they do not understand what is being taught at school and that they will not willing say that they have a problem understanding the course work. Tutoring has helped me help these children become a tad more positive about their school work and how important it is to ask questions. The Teach me 2 management team was excellent to say the least. They were very helpful and supportive and always on point. The hardest part of the job was planning fun lessons to keep and maintain the children's attention during the lesson. The most enjoyable part was teaching them and seeing their faces light up when they understood something or got high marks for a test.

Pros

Good part-time job

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teach Me 2. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,4 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,4 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
4,1 out of 5 stars for Management
4,3 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Teach Me 2
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?