Teach Me 2

South Africa41 reviews

Clear
4,6Work-Life Balance
3,4Pay & Benefits

Healthy working environment with really wonderful people

Working remotely and full-time, the working hours were reasonable and the work-life balance was great. My colleagues were all lovely, with great attitudes and great work ethics. The company culture is supportive and feels like family. A great job if you want to learn new skills, whilst having great guidance from the team leader. Overall, TM2 is a company that does what it says it does: providing excellent tutoring services to those who truly need it.

Many tutoring opportunities

This company is great for entry level tutors. The management of tutors and clients is hands down the best system for the industry. I have nothing negative to say about working here only positives!

Good Job to grow and learn

This was my first job out of university and a good introduction to working in the education sector and working from home. The company has good cultural values and a comfortable and efficient working atmosphere.

Pros

Work from home. Fun team to work with. Learn a lot on the job.

Cons

May have to work long hours during busy periods. Commission structure not very favorable.

Incredible!

This was my first 'proper' job since leaving university, and wow, did it exceed my expectations! The team that I was placed in was supportive from the get go, and whilst the job role challenged me and stretched me, I never felt out of my depth.The culture is fantastic, and every employee truly emulates what is written on paper. My team was gentle, kind, supportive - and we had so much fun together collaborating on various projects. Whilst a hierarchy does exist, you get the opportunity to work with everyone from operational leads to interns, and everyone's contribution counts equally.This company is changing lives in the education sector, and I felt so proud to be apart of it! The work is interesting and engaging, and there is always someone to help when required.Thank you, Teach Me 2, for growing me and pushing me out of my comfort zone. There was plenty of opportunities for career advancement and leadership talent never goes unnoticed.

Pros

Flexibility, Support, Working from Home

The pros of being a Teach Me 2 tutor

I love working there. It is a very flexible part time job and I also love that I can help these kids. Teach Me 2 makes it easy for me by doing admin. And now that it's paperless its even better

Stunning first job opportunity

A typical day at work - depending on the season (for it being a school and university tutoring company its seasons wax and wane) - is a buzz of busyness. Phones ring, emails ping, and chatter is all around. One develops their Customer Voice for phone calls. This experience, quite apart from thickening one's skin against the attacks from the genus Clientus, allows for one to effectively dismiss personal acquaintances when they are annoying. The office plants are mostly plastic, but, quite like my botanical gift to my ex on Valentine's Day; "Plastic flowers are actually a really, really thoughtful gift, because they last longer!" They do save time on watering - compared to real plans - and tears when they inevitably expire. One finds it impossible to be apprehensive of company culture, because, personally, it is very hard to be apprehensive of coffee, cake, or doughnuts. The theme and dress-up days can become a little Soviet

Pros

teach me 2, how do I love thee? THe experience, training, opportunities, tech administration system, company culture and colleagues

Cons

A sometimes repetitive, millennial, underenumerated job, with limited perimeters for leave-taking, and, due to it's cross section of society, completely unlimited in the curious and exasperating customers encountered

Collaborative Team Atmosphere

I love working for Teach Me 2 because I get to impact what I do and the way I do it. I get to work with other like-minded people who also want to make a difference to South African education.

Pros

They care about people, The office is full of plants, They are constantly adapting, They have a nap room, The staff are amazing

Cons

They're growing quickly so there are the usual challenges that come with an expanding team, but they do their best to hear concerns and adapt.

enjoyable

First thing first, tutoring is a non boring job. I travel to clients who have booked for lesson, that`s the typical work is only for 1 to 3 hrs a day which is not exhausting at all.

Excellent

I've picked up many skills doing what I love with this company. The culture is very friendly and homely and it is really a pleasure to work for this company.

Learning environment

The environment was geared towards learning however the remuneration was not that great. Although the company was growing rapidly sadly the salary remained stagnant.

Pros

Personal development is encouraged

Cons

Poor career prospects

Challenging and rewarding place to work

Teach Me 2 has given me the freedom of a flexible working schedule and more time spent with my family. The management team are very hands-on and all you to grow your skills and listen to any new ideas you have to make the company better.

Pros

Flexible working schedule

Perfect for students

Working as a tutor has been perfect for my university schedule. The best part about the job is its flexibility and the ability to help people learn in a way that makes sense to them.

Effective tutoring service that allows you to work in your own time

Teach Me 2 is a professional service that allows you to take on work as you see fit. A great way to use your skills to earn some extra money in your free time.

Educational in terms of self employment

It is fun working there because I'm more or less my own boss. It also gives a chance to gain experience and be ready for the work environment. Im learning a lot.

Pros

own time to work

Cons

late payments

Productive and interesting workplace

I have leraned to work with different kind of genius people. I do not work every day infact I work in specific hours, days, and different places. The management is informative and reliable. I enjoy tutoring and changing mind sets of people towards mathematics

Pros

salary

Allows freedom and autonomy

this company allowed to study and work at the same time. they found suitable families that needed help with their children. they provided me with the platform to teach in a structured and independant way.

Pros

autonomy

Cons

long hours required for admin

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teach Me 2. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance