Teacher
3,1 out of 5 stars.

Teacher Employee Reviews

2,7Work-Life Balance

It's ok

There are lots of expectations but not much support being given. Seems to be pretty administration heavy in most departments. This makes the work on the people below much tougher. So many different hands in the pot but not alot of help to accomplish.

What is the best part of working at the company?Colleagues that are team players. Principal who is very understanding. Ability to use the knowledge that I’ve learned in college to develop a curriculum that fits the needs of the children in my classroom. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dealing with behavior issues. Parents misunderstanding that we only have their child’s best interest at heart and that we have experience in what we are doing in the classroom.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very fun and collaborative. My fellow employees make coming to work a lot easier.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Come into work about 40 minutes early and make sure all my copies are done, review the curriculum for the day, straighten up the classroom, Then when the children arrive at 8:30 they have a “settling in” paper so as other kids arrive in a staggered way the children that are already there have something to do..:then we follow subject by subject according to the schedule that’s been pre-planned with of course, the brakes for snack, lunch, recess, etc.

Don’t work here

This place is not a good place. It has really changed lots of teachers looking to work elsewhere. No support no admin are present. They are always in a meeting. Politics and lots of favoritism in this school.

Good

Good, great job, excellent work experience,loving working with children, new opportunities, learning experience, functions, games, exposure, new development skills.

It is what I got my Master's degree to do. It is a calling

Teaching is a tough job, sometimes both physically and mentally. BUT it is also the most rewarding job, being part of a person's village that helps them reach their full potential is the best

Okay job

A typical day at work is as the following, taking care of special needs students which range from low functioning too high functioning abilities and working with them to meet their behavior goals

Being a Teacher we must be maintained always about our culture

Teaching is not a easy jobs we must be good sincere about ourselves, to be good teacher there is many criteria to set up our self knowledge men, what we teach to the students, this is brief piece of advice to the Teachers.

Pros

Cons

Only five hours in the school

Cult Like Atmosphere

Don’t come to this school. Administration will appear to want what’s best for you and want to help you while they’re really slowly boiling you in a pot. You will feel like you are not doing ENOUGH, when the truth is that they’re expecting too much for little pay. Everyone is trying to survive, so if they offer to help you know that it’s just a front. They will quickly throw you under the bus for being real about your teaching struggles. Trust no one.

Pros

Healthcare and liberal curriculum

Cons

Manipulation tactics, administration, and entitled groups overall

do not do it

do not do it just because they are rated number one daycare does not mean it is true there’s a lot beneath the surface I would not recommend this company

Pros

One hour lunch break

Not the same place anymore

Since the company has switched owner there have been some big changes . This is not the place I want to grow my career in anymore. There have been many managers all over to leave due to learning the true greasiness of emler . Over the past year we have gone through about 10 if not more, that managers leave and part of the reason why is due to the changes and the amount of stress is being added to the managers . This use to be a great place to work with amazing management, but unless you want to work for a company with very poor management, I wouldn’t recommend working here .

Pros

Experience

Cons

No benifits, poor management

Is Companey needs more compassion with the supervisors and professional leader ship

It started off good then we switched leader ship several times in the years that I was there and it just got to the point where there was no professional leader ship I do not recommend this company to work for and the state of Kansas

Typical teachers/ education issues. Over worked and under paid.

I’ve been in the classroom 8 years and I’m burnt out. I need something different. The job is exhausting depending on what you teach. I love kids, but after quarantine nothing feels the same.

Education classes

Love working with after school age. They are able to understand instructions and know all safety rules. They are a fresh breath of air in the adult world.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Made to work when contagious

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Teacher. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
2,7 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
2,8 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,8 out of 5 stars for Management
3,3 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Teacher
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?