TeleDirect
3,2 out of 5 stars.

TeleDirect Employee Reviews

I enjoyed everything including the downs and they taught me a lot even about me as a person. Pity the company has shut down now however they did equip us as consultants by providing training.
It was great working for Teledirect as my 1st job in south Africa. I learned a lot about customer service as we worked for a campaign in world food program for United nations.
The company was stressful to work for and away has a back up and they just through staff to your and you need to come with the solitions and the management are not supportive at all
How to tread customers ,important of team work , dress code at work , not to mix business and pleasure .always introducing new challenges everyday , giving eveyone to participate i the team .
i started work at 8am..have a short meeting before going to our working stations,when agents start uploading sales as their Q.A i start evaluating their calls do coaching with them,make sure that clients details are captured correctly on our system i have learned to work with a team how to handle irate agents and how to calm them down. management was very motivating encouraged us and also i had to report calls which were suspicious to being fraud. working with a team was the best experience i had you get to understand individuals and you also learn a lot from them work wise and personal. the hardest part of the job it was when you had to penalize your agents and the would give you a tough time to sign their fail forms some will even take it personally forgetting that you are also doing your job as their Q.A. when you evaluating calls and you find that an agent did not mislead a client in anyway..other agent would accept their mistakes without giving you any hustles.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
*check in the office plan * check suppliers as my route to market partners *sell to outlets *honesty *knocking off late *urgency * challenging CRM.
Pros
building good connections
Cons
A company culture with no work/life balance - normal hours 08:00 -17:00 and Saturdays 08:00 - 12:00. Employees do not have job security as the company retrenches employees based on personal emotion and not fact. No structure as the top management have neither experience nor qualifications. Such a pity as the employees are really good workers and colleagues who try their absolute but ideas are shunned and never good enough. Skilled professionals with initiative is not welcomed here.
Pros
Cons
Signing a contract to work at such a poorly managed organisation.
The management made us sign contracts, when the employees asked for copies, the management refused. on our contracts, we were told that we'd get R14k gross, but after a few days we were told that we would only get the R14K after four months. one of the employees made a copy of the contracts, so we will be taking legal action this company.
Pros
No Prons
Cons
Management is Dishonest
I was a sales Agent later promoted to to quality assurance Agent. I loved my job the stuff was friendly and what's best was being given an opportunity to help sales agents with bettering them self when dealing with customers. Hardest dealing with agents that were rude and refused to be told.but overall the job was fun and very helpful it equipped my computer skills.
this was a learnership and it was very informative . the management always assisted . hardest was the convincing people to buy items telephonically.
Pros
learning enviroment
Cons
the shifts
1. Typical day at work Meetings back to back all day and urgent matters arising form the clients, which has to be attended before close of business. 2. What I learned? Being able to work underpresure and extra hours to the client's satisfaction. 3. Workplace Culture Punctuality, Communication, Respect, Formality, Honesty and Integrity. 4. The hardest part in the job Never leave the client unsatisfied. 5. The most enjoyable part of the Job Positive competition and dedication.
Pros
Free Lunch, Leaving Early and Incentives
Cons
It was good for me because it have alot of challenges and thats what i like,because each an everyday of life i want to learn something new and challenging
Pros
1 hour
Cons
5 hours
Teledirect is undoubtedly one of the best places to work..The work environment is pleasant and conducive to producing high quality deliverables. It is a learning environment whereby there are many seniors and coaches willing to provide guidance on the wide range of roles available. In my personal capacity, the company has encouraged me to grow my skill set and have facilitated this by providing me with the oppourtunity to study further. The leadership at Teledirect is exemplary, with specific reference to their Chief Operations Officer, whose ambition and drive is inspiring to those around him. The surrounding circumstances are challenging, but not extenuating, enabling the team to overcome the hurdles.
Pros
Modern, contemporary office design creates plush and professional workspace
Cons
The building is situated on the main road of Randburg, Republic Road, which has alot of traffic
where do i start ill start with Monday as a quality assure all we do evaluate agents calls conduct coaching to the agents roll plays where agent get to implement what they have been coached on department itself if full of spontaneous energetic employees where on a daily basis QA drives are done where the is a certain target placed we do competition to see who reaches the goal set different drives are set
Pros
free lunches braais or take aways bought by the CEO
Cons
normal hours 8:00 am - 17:00 pm
Teledirect is a very good company, they are always striving to be the best and stay on top. My days spent at Teledirect is hard working hours whereby my requirements are met, management are always pushing us to be better. my colleagues are always challenging, which is a good source of competition. hardest part of the job is meeting target but the most enjoyable part is when you do meet target because i as a sales person reap the benefits.
Pros
no pros
Cons
It is an environment whereby we all assist one another in ensuring efficiency to the growth of an organisational structure
when you have direction everything else folllow, there is no day which you can say you haven't gave your best. you meet very angry people but again if you're good at what you do, your able to calm them. in this position you not only marketing, your also a member servicing agent
Pros
free time
Cons
TeleDirect, is normally busy from Monday right through to Thursday. On a typical day, from the log in time 08:00 i would be seated in my work station and log into thre required systems that we use as the Correspondence department, namely: Share Point; Case system; Data list and Outlook. We work from the case system, as thats where the emails are routed, thus a member's enquiry is dealt with and relevant documents are sent to the member depending on the member's request. we do send member application forms via email, fax or post that come from the call centre. As a new graduate i have learned quite a lot from TeleDirect most importantly adherance to schedule, i have been fortunate enough to work under the guidance of professional and effient management and co-workers. Thus far, the work i was tasked with was not too difficult, as i took it as a constant learning curve.The most enjoyable part of the job was providing assistance to the existing and non-existing Government Employees Medical Scheme (GEMS ), not forgeting how to educate potential members of the joining procedure.
Pros
Outings based on departmental performance
Cons
No day off, except Sunday
i enjoy my job but i do not get paid enough as i spend almost all my money on transport. a typical day at work is sourcing leads by making phone calls and using the internet to browse for potential clients.
Pros
free lunches