TeleDirect logo
TeleDirect
3,2 out of 5 stars.

TeleDirect Employee Reviews

3,3Work-Life Balance

It was a beautiful experience as I had a lot to learn due to being given different tasks to do of which I enjoyed and realized my strength

I enjoyed everything including the downs and they taught me a lot even about me as a person. Pity the company has shut down now however they did equip us as consultants by providing training.

Work from home

A work from home postion..Accepting in bound calls.Calls are mostly informmericials from television.Dinner seminarsInvention kits to be mailedAppointment settingMessage taking

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Disrespectful calls

This place sucks and the pay is too low for all the hard work you put in!

The pay is way too low for all the calls you receive and the different many scripts you have to be familiar with. Sometimes the call volume is so high you can’t even breathe!! They try to be strict about things that don’t matter. They change rules in the company without notifying you. In order to find out about the changes you have to ask the question and that is simply ridiculous! They are stingy with the pay you barely get a raise. $1.50 at the most or they offer you a position with higher pay that doesn’t meet your schedule. I can’t wait to quit.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Low pay, Barely get a raise

Worst Company Ever

Worked 5 plus years and the company laid off all California except their favorites remote leaders and client services. The company did not wish to pay the wages for 20 plus agents. They rather pay low wages out of state. This company is money hungry they can car less about their employees

Very sensitive about break times and noise

The company is very sensitive about noise and since the attendance is measured by an automated system if your internet goes out you have to call out and then tell them what happened, have proof that it went out.

Pros

Flexible schedule, easy job

Cons

Very sensitive about noise

You work from home

You can not advance with this company. Their point system is designed for employees to fail. Nothing with this company makes sense. God bless you with them. They promoted good things to get you in but after that everything is down hill. This is a job for someone who does not care about advancing or getting raises in your pay.

Pros

You work from home

Cons

Point system, low pay, customers are the worst in the world, their cleints talk to the employees like you work for them Not TeleDirect.

Dont work here

I had an family emergency they didn’t care at all !! I got 4 points and yet I haven’t been here in 4 weeks yet. They only care for there selves and yes it’s good it’s a stay at home job but if you got to use the restroom might as well hold it till ur break time bc u can’t go on break unless it’s time for your 15 min break. So yea I wouldn’t recommend working here. !

Pros

Hopefully good pay

Cons

Don’t care about you.

Worst company I have ever worked for

Micromanagement - I'm told what time I'm allowed to use the bathroom. Managers lie to me.Script is full of mistakes. I get marked down if I don't follow the script, and marked down if I do because "I should know the script is wrong". I can't never win with that logic. Daily technical issues that are taken out of my pay. Never felt valued as an employee or a human being. Calls with irate people are none stop my entire shift. I only work here out of desperation for a job.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Micromanagement, dishonest management, poor training, no holidays, low pay, bad benefits, late checks and unpaid hours

Iffy on communication, but lovely

I loved my time until the wrecked. The reason I left is because there is no more room for me to grow. After so many promotions there’s no real mobility left to earn any more money or go anywhere particularly with the company. They have a hard time communicating with their employees during stressful times, other than that the company is really good to work for.

Pros

Flexible schedule, great team lead, sufficient pay

Cons

Disorganized management, not good at employee communication, annoying customers

I love working from home.

I love working from home. This is my first job working for a call center and working from home. This job has been a crazy but it does get the bills paid.

Pros

Hour lunch

Cons

Bad insurance premiums

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TeleDirect?

The good thing that stands out about this company is they will hire you to work from home.

Working for TeleDirect, just be aware you will be graded on your calls if you were in School. Some of the script does not apply with what the people are calling and about. The pay is not that great for all the different calls you have to learn. Support line is great if you can get someone on the phone. It is a very discipline job. I believe they can't hardly keep employees for long period of times unless you are desperate. That's why you get calls back to back. I'm sure there are better jobs than this one. Consider looking elsewhere before applying.

Pros

When you score 100 on your calls

Cons

Short breaks too be sitting long in one spot.

Fun workplace and friendly enviroment!

Perfect career for me indeed! Positive feedbacks and alway someone there to lend a helping hand.The first job i have to be so flexible with my daily life schedule. Two thumbs up!

Pros

Great Team Leads, great boss and good support team! 😃

Relaxed and Laid Back Place to work

I love working from home. I been here for a year now and I have no complaints. They work around your schedule. They help me when I have issues and the pay is good for the work that’s done. They give raises and bonuses when you come to work on time. The work is very easy.

Pros

work around schedule, raises, bonuses, easy laid back work, work from home, hiring process fast and easy

Exhausting

Pay could be better! Heavy call load and just a 15 minute break during a 5 hour shift. No bathroom breaks in between! The training could be a little longer.

It was great before they let a defective software be in control.

They laid off one of the best Directors, and now trying to have the website go automated is absolutely ridiculous. ACD which is the software is having us call customers after 9 PM. I truly feel, if this company keeps making this very unwise choices, they will be headed for some serious lawsuits with the government. I absolutely love the scheduler, but it was always the people that made the company, but not the company itself. I have been here over two years, and plan on staying.

Pros

Attendance points reset every month, Pay is good for California

Cons

Automated Attendance system, which is severely flawed

Not enough pay for the stress of work

Honestly, I feel as if this isn’t a really good job. They stress you out about following a script that is published however most of the time the script isn’t helpful at all. They want you to read it word for word however most time on some clients it’s not finished or they don’t have a number to call directly to get the company. The managers respond slow and they have bad attitudes. It’s a high volume call center paying 10.50. That definitely isn’t enough compensation to deal with the bad attitudes and mad managers.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Bad managers not enough pay

Energetic employee focused culture.

This company has strong leadership and a very effective management team. Their flat management style allows them to remain nimble and support many support and sales functions.

Great Work/Life Balance

I was part-time and loved my job at TeleDirect. The position is fairly straight forward and, you receive reviews on your quality so you can improve. I like the Work/Life Balance aspect of the job.

Pros

Cons

Limited time off, Short Breaks

The company has flexibility.

Overall the company is a good company but can improve in some areas. The areas to improve in would be to choose clients wisely, because some of the clients are scam artist and never call the callers back.

Pros

Pay, Flexibility and Stability

Cons

Some of the Clients are scam artist, and at times the call volume is too high

Easy and stress free

I would recommend young people, students and retirees to apply since it is very easy work (data entry). Fair pay, but I wanted something more fulfilling. Must have a quiet environment and great internet speed.

Pros

Easy, opportunities for promotion, full time or part time

Productive and fun place to work

Flexible hours and paid training , meeting new people and great benefits. Awesome training program. Friendly co workers and instructors. Great place to work.

Pros

Remote, don't have to commute
  • TeleDirect