TeleDirect logo

Clear
3,3Work-Life Balance
3,1Management

good learning enviroment

this was a learnership and it was very informative . the management always assisted . hardest was the convincing people to buy items telephonically.

Pros

learning enviroment

Cons

the shifts

stressful

The company was stressful to work for and away has a back up and they just through staff to your and you need to come with the solitions and the management are not supportive at all

Pruductive

i started work at 8am..have a short meeting before going to our working stations,when agents start uploading sales as their Q.A i start evaluating their calls do coaching with them,make sure that clients details are captured correctly on our system i have learned to work with a team how to handle irate agents and how to calm them down. management was very motivating encouraged us and also i had to report calls which were suspicious to being fraud. working with a team was the best experience i had you get to understand individuals and you also learn a lot from them work wise and personal. the hardest part of the job it was when you had to penalize your agents and the would give you a tough time to sign their fail forms some will even take it personally forgetting that you are also doing your job as their Q.A. when you evaluating calls and you find that an agent did not mislead a client in anyway..other agent would accept their mistakes without giving you any hustles.

Pros

Lunches

Cons

Lack of expertise and poor management

A company culture with no work/life balance - normal hours 08:00 -17:00 and Saturdays 08:00 - 12:00. Employees do not have job security as the company retrenches employees based on personal emotion and not fact. No structure as the top management have neither experience nor qualifications. Such a pity as the employees are really good workers and colleagues who try their absolute but ideas are shunned and never good enough. Skilled professionals with initiative is not welcomed here.

Pros

Cons

Signing a contract to work at such a poorly managed organisation.

Worst company I have ever worked for

The management made us sign contracts, when the employees asked for copies, the management refused. on our contracts, we were told that we'd get R14k gross, but after a few days we were told that we would only get the R14K after four months. one of the employees made a copy of the contracts, so we will be taking legal action this company.

Pros

No Prons

Cons

Management is Dishonest

productive work place

where do i start ill start with Monday as a quality assure all we do evaluate agents calls conduct coaching to the agents roll plays where agent get to implement what they have been coached on department itself if full of spontaneous energetic employees where on a daily basis QA drives are done where the is a certain target placed we do competition to see who reaches the goal set different drives are set

Pros

free lunches braais or take aways bought by the CEO

Cons

normal hours 8:00 am - 17:00 pm

Productive and a very good environment to work in, fun

Teledirect is a very good company, they are always striving to be the best and stay on top. My days spent at Teledirect is hard working hours whereby my requirements are met, management are always pushing us to be better. my colleagues are always challenging, which is a good source of competition. hardest part of the job is meeting target but the most enjoyable part is when you do meet target because i as a sales person reap the benefits.

Pros

no pros

Different enquiries each day

TeleDirect, is normally busy from Monday right through to Thursday. On a typical day, from the log in time 08:00 i would be seated in my work station and log into thre required systems that we use as the Correspondence department, namely: Share Point; Case system; Data list and Outlook. We work from the case system, as thats where the emails are routed, thus a member's enquiry is dealt with and relevant documents are sent to the member depending on the member's request. we do send member application forms via email, fax or post that come from the call centre. As a new graduate i have learned quite a lot from TeleDirect most importantly adherance to schedule, i have been fortunate enough to work under the guidance of professional and effient management and co-workers. Thus far, the work i was tasked with was not too difficult, as i took it as a constant learning curve.The most enjoyable part of the job was providing assistance to the existing and non-existing Government Employees Medical Scheme (GEMS ), not forgeting how to educate potential members of the joining procedure.

Pros

Outings based on departmental performance

Cons

No day off, except Sunday