Telkom SA Limited
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Telkom SA Limited Employee Reviews

Found 1 098 reviews matching the search
Through the day I completed my duties , testing, localizing and clearing faults with customers. Answering phones getting calls from customers and technician. I also provided strong customer services and resolved customer fault. I have learned a lot on how to communicate with customers and how to resolved issues when customer reported a fault. As Employees we were flexible, passionate, friendly , Energetic. Hardest part of the job is when the cable is stolen and the company took time to replace the cable , customers kept on calling everyday to find out when the cable will be replaced. ln my last job we worked together as a team and I really enjoyed team work
It is a positive , constructive minded workplace, fun and educational at the same time , I would recommend anyone to join the workplace from any different race.
Pros
Incentive, lunch money, traveling allowance
Cons
Good hours
Productive and exciting constructive concentrate do it right for the first time always be faithful to the customers you must take your job seriously and do what they told you to do
Pros
Hard working
Cons
I manage to build a career through Telkom Center for Learning. the courses where equipping enough to elevate me to new positions within Telkom. Meetings held in the morning outside work environmentTeam building activities motivated u to work together, to develop strengths, and to address any weaknesses.
Pros
awesome benefit
Cons
No working progress. Overworked. Every year Retrenchment. Poor working condition. Working environment not conducive No progress and development. Change Carter for greenare pastures.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Long hours of work
There were prospects to develop,fun,productive,management was fun to be around very helpful and interactive.I've developed management skills,how to deal with stressful situations ,balanced life and work environment. Best company of all times!
Pros
Best benefits
Cons
Telkom has been a work place where we were dedicated to our job but there was also a balance of social interaction.There was training provided and opportunities given to expand the experience.
Pros
Gainsharing
Cons
Performance evaluation
Lots of training and work. Lots of experience to. Must be able to work on your own. Must be a fast learner and alway be willing to take on extra task.
Pros
House rebate
Cons
Lots of long hours
its like any telecommunications company.you sign on in the morning,get your first job.make appointments and go see your customer.thereafter you are digital and mobile.
The customer is mostly rude towards you who represent the company. You learn how to patient with people and handle pressured situations. Management is always on your neck about something. The hardest part is to work towards nothing, you know for a fact that you will not be promoted. The hours are nice and I love to work in a technical field.
Pros
Office hours
Cons
The company
I Have planning,Building,Commission,Configuration,Intergration,Fault Finding ,problem solving ,maintanance skills ,Quality Assurance and contract Responsible
Pros
1hr
Cons
4hrs
Meetings held in the morning. Team building exercises. A comfortable environment. Being yourself Turn around for issues can improve Reaching Target
Pros
Put in the extra efforts for rewards
Cons
Do not get too comfortable
As a leading communications company, it opens ones mind to the deeper meaning of integrity whilst there is a very vibrant spirit of supportiveness. A strong sense of group collaboration whilst at the same time one is totally challenged to operate strongly as an individual; a great culture of interdependence
Pros
Able to work well as an individual yet with the backing of a very supportive group
Cons
Attention to individual acknowledgement
It was a good experience working with Telkom. I don't have anything more to say, however I would recommend people to apply if they are keen to work for Telkom.
An early start to the day is required to work here. The environment is open and there are spaces available (CHILL areas) to take a quick break from the fasted paced work ethic. There is also large eating area's, spa's, gyms and outside seating places. The management is well-experienced and provide a a sense of security and belonging to the workplace.The hardest part is keeping up with well educated colleagues, But colleagues are collaborative and well-mannered. I enjoyed the exhibitions Telkom held not only for customers but for the employees as well. I was fortunate enough to meet the IDOLS contestants of 2020.
Pros
Huge campus
Cons
Long hours and fast-paced
In my opinion, people should be rotated within the company, periodically, say after every five years, especially those that are in a technical environment. This will enhance multiskilling of the workforce.
Pros
As an Ops. Manger in CNFO, you need to be continually for escalations after hours.
Cons
No compensation for Ops Managers, to attend to escalations after working hours
The initial working days I won't dwell in as it was just about learning, work and the environment.I have learnt a lot from my work level operations ,even to higher level Management as I had opportunities to hold for Management at times,that opening your mind in terms of policies and procedures understanding and also the leadership role.My studies on the other hand helped me to be versed in all the work policies , procedures ,and be law versed about work legalities , fairness ,conditions of employment .This includes work culture and the environmental issues within which the Enterprise operates.Enjoying working hard at work helps because it educates you as much of the day time is spend at work.
Pros
A chance given to Bargaining Unit to clear Employment disparities.
Cons
Employment cases that were wrongly resolved, resulting in retrenchment.
Wonderful organization to work for, good organisational culture and lots of opportunities. Promoting and studying opportunities exist and are monitored closely by Human resources.
Pros
Good working conditions, studying opportunities and good salaries.
Cons
Retrenchments
Telkom is the best company to work for, it's only because of changes is the company that we were retrenched other than that I loved my job and enjoyed my stay a lot with Telkom
Cons
Productive Workshops Attendance System Support Problem Solving Life Skills Install NT and NetWare operating systems Design a network Control booting sequence Flash BIOS Install
Pros
Leave
Cons
When Server shut down
Systems Programmer and Project Management duties. Open culture and most enjoyed cordial management and technical team relatioship interaction. The organization move from close office to open office culture challenge was a real eye opener, especially breaking down the offices.
  1. Employee Reviews