Telkom SA Limited

Telkom SA Limited Employee Reviews

South Africa1 090 reviews
Found 1 090 reviews matching the search
5,0
its like any telecommunications company.you sign on in the morning,get your first job.make appointments and go see your customer.thereafter you are digital and mobile.
2,0
The customer is mostly rude towards you who represent the company. You learn how to patient with people and handle pressured situations. Management is always on your neck about something. The hardest part is to work towards nothing, you know for a fact that you will not be promoted. The hours are nice and I love to work in a technical field.
Pros
Office hours
Cons
The company
4,0
I Have planning,Building,Commission,Configuration,Intergration,Fault Finding ,problem solving ,maintanance skills ,Quality Assurance and contract Responsible
Pros
1hr
Cons
4hrs
4,0
Meetings held in the morning.
Team building exercises.

A comfortable environment. Being yourself

Turn around for issues can improve

Reaching Target
Pros
Put in the extra efforts for rewards
Cons
Do not get too comfortable
5,0
As a leading communications company, it opens ones mind to the deeper meaning of integrity whilst there is a very vibrant spirit of supportiveness. A strong sense of group collaboration whilst at the same time one is totally challenged to operate strongly as an individual; a great culture of interdependence
Pros
Able to work well as an individual yet with the backing of a very supportive group
Cons
Attention to individual acknowledgement
5,0
It was a good experience working with Telkom. I don't have anything more to say, however I would recommend people to apply if they are keen to work for Telkom.
5,0
An early start to the day is required to work here. The environment is open and there are spaces available (CHILL areas) to take a quick break from the fasted paced work ethic. There is also large eating area's, spa's, gyms and outside seating places. The management is well-experienced and provide a a sense of security and belonging to the workplace.The hardest part is keeping up with well educated colleagues, But colleagues are collaborative and well-mannered. I enjoyed the exhibitions Telkom held not only for customers but for the employees as well. I was fortunate enough to meet the IDOLS contestants of 2020.
Pros
Huge campus
Cons
Long hours and fast-paced
3,0
In my opinion, people should be rotated within the company, periodically, say after every five years, especially those that are in a technical environment. This will enhance multiskilling of the workforce.
Pros
As an Ops. Manger in CNFO, you need to be continually for escalations after hours.
Cons
No compensation for Ops Managers, to attend to escalations after working hours
3,0
The initial working days I won't dwell in as it was just about learning, work and the environment.I have learnt a lot from my work level operations ,even to higher level Management as I had opportunities to hold for Management at times,that opening your mind in terms of policies and procedures understanding and also the leadership role.My studies on the other hand helped me to be versed in all the work policies , procedures ,and be law versed about work legalities , fairness ,conditions of employment .This includes work culture and the environmental issues within which the Enterprise operates.Enjoying working hard at work helps because it educates you as much of the day time is spend at work.
Pros
A chance given to Bargaining Unit to clear Employment disparities.
Cons
Employment cases that were wrongly resolved, resulting in retrenchment.
4,0
Wonderful organization to work for, good organisational culture and lots of opportunities. Promoting and studying opportunities exist and are monitored closely by Human resources.
Pros
Good working conditions, studying opportunities and good salaries.
Cons
Retrenchments
5,0
Telkom is the best company to work for, it's only because of changes is the company that we were retrenched other than that I loved my job and enjoyed my stay a lot with Telkom
Workshops Attendance

Design a network

Control booting sequence

Flash BIOS

Install
Pros
Leave
Cons
When Server shut down
4,0
Systems Programmer and Project Management duties. Open culture and most enjoyed cordial management and technical team relatioship interaction.
The organization move from close office to open office culture challenge was a real eye opener, especially breaking down the offices.
5,0
To be used so as to produce the best
possible outcomes of a company.

Possessing a positive attitude,

dynamic energy, organized manner,

excellent time management skills and

a desire to succeed in the

environment to make a difference in

the call centre environment.
4,0
I workfor Telkom years ago and that time it was stable and growing I guess the management knew what they wanted out of it,and now they are forever on strike and no equality based on salaries and races.
3,0
poor management culture at management n executive levels
Manipulation of processes for friends and family.

no recognition for Committed, competitive n dedicated employees

A divided team old vs new

Biased opinion based on hearsay

Friends without matric promoted

The worse is the culture of management who have been in executive position for centuries, manipulating processes to suit friends and family.

Committed, competitive and dedicated employees are not given recognition due to the poor culture who disregard your commitment if for any reason they do not approve of your highly ethical standards.

Promotions are awarded based on whether you approve of the culture of nepotism and favouritism and not on substantial evidence of completion of successful projects.

Telkom has changed management many times, and the "old" culture does not approve of the "new" culture. Therefore employees are divided and hence you are chosen to be a favourite based on which culture you prefer. Its a mess, and an absolute disaster.

The culture of giving friends with Grade 10, opportunities to work on latest technology, whilst self motivated, dedicated employees are left with legacy systems. Currently Telkom SA is going through restructuring and it is highly evident of the poor application of knowledge in ensuring the correct person is in the correct position. Some have 47 years of experience, with N1 2 3 qualifications have been "saved". CEO is not on the ground to clean out the mess!
Pros
Brilliant company to aquire knowledge
Cons
Executives and Senior management must be flattened and restructured
4,0
As an Information Security Program Manager the work meant that I was engaged with the Data Center technical staff, including the Managing Executives for each of the business units all the was to the CIO's office. The most enjoyable part of the job included the monthly steering committees and bi-weekly tactical meetings.
Pros
Flexi hours and good management leadership
Cons
My work hours where between 4:30am and 3pm
interesting
enjoyed interacting with clients with customers

challanging when coming to angry clients

making sure u leave client happy

if not escalate until the client is happy
Pros
tea @client
Cons
client not happy
5,0
The best place i'v eva worked at. Great management, great culture, excellent reward jst to little pay but amazing people to work with.

Fast paced but all the resources was provided
1,0
VERY STRESS-FULL, fear of losing your job all the time. High pressure , short staffed. its a madhouse.
Very unfair in promotions, there are no promotions you have to apply for vacancies
Pros
Free phone
3,0
State of the country and company has changed drastically. The government too nosy into the decision making of the company and opportunities are plenty but you'll dig them until you reach pension without success