Telkom SA Limited

3,8Work-Life Balance
3,7Pay & Benefits

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 162 reviews

Friendly environment. Busy work schedule

My Telkom working years were very fun. It was a very friendly environment it helped since we spent most of our time there. Hours were not too long since overtime was not compulsary. If it was not the Retreachment, I would still be working for that company. Salary was satisfactory and Benefits were very good.

Pros

Relaxed and friendly environment

Cons

No room for growth

Telkom is a very good place for one to work at the salary is good and the culture is also good

I have worked for telkom and I was very happy working for the company my salary was fair and I wouldn't mind working for the company again , the environment was good and the security is also safe

Pros

The pros and cons we fair and I would recommend a friend to work for Telkom

Cons

Long hours was never a problem because the pay for over time

It was a good company and learnt a lot gained experience know how to deal with customers and team work and hard work even work inder pressure

must be time conscious be able to multi task work under pressure and be able to speak languages and listening skills.Iam a hard woker and available.

Productive and fun working place

Good call centre vibes, efficient management system, lack of communication between department and lack of job security, however best salaries and benefits.

Pros

Rewards

Cons

Normal working hours

Pressured environment

The call center environment is a pressured environment and the workplace culture could be uplifted by doing more fun things and having an interesting place to destress.

Pros

Good education

Cons

Salary

Too little pay with far and dangerous traveling for the pay

Far to travel. Out of city and dangerous at times during unrest. Little salary for working shifts and over weekends and public holidays Not much scope to better yourself or in developement

productive

Telkom is a fun workplace there are different types of personality and you get to have challenges and having the best experience I enjoyed working at.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

normal hours

Working at Telkom

I stable company offering good job benefits and career scope. New challenges faced every day, different customers assisted making each day fresh and new.

productive

Liaising with bankers, ops bankers, Compliance officers and credit analysts; -Opening and closing of business cheque accounts -Maintenance of limits -Transfers of money to ABSA and other banks accounts -Journal debits and credits Working independently within a team

Pros

The team was great

Cons

Salary was little

It is a well established company and working there I expected more from the company, I think it promises more and deliver so little. To both parties

Nice place to be at but sometimes stressful, because of long hours and the work load. Remuneration wise I think they can do better.

Pros

sports functions

Cons

long hours sitting down

Vibrant, fun and very young environment

Avery good company to work for with nice benefits and a lot of fun as well. Makes you look forward to a Monday if it's a weekend. Look after its employees and put their well being first. Takes you to all trainings so for it to be able to do your job.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Agencies

High calls volume and high stress environment

Work environment was the greatest and the wages verses the work was not aligned. The team were a fantastic group of people, and was the best part of working there. Management was a mixed bag, with some being very supportive in their role as a supervisor etc, while 1 or 2 didn't really give any support or feedback in terms of your overall growth and development.

Pros

Cons

Salary not good, difficult superior, travelling distance

Manage to assist everyone with everything they also being able to solve a problem

*Working with one thing every day. *Learned how to work under pressure and dealing with difficult situations like how act and handle that situation. *The management really was strict and fun at the same time. *My co-workers were the ones who kept me at my toes they reminded me of where I come from . *Not being able to make a sale or sales . *Educational program and the incentives.

Pros

Half days

Cons

Working long hours with one lunch break

productive

I have good communication skill and I'm very patient to people. I call speak all the languages. I matriculated in 2014 and I passed with BA and I also have computer literature. I'm a hard worker woman and I appreciate my job.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

productive and it enjoyable working place

to be a good listener and have good communication skills with customer ,being able to multitask ,able to work under pressure and time management my co -workers were very helpful they taught me everything until i stand at my own

Pros

no free lunches

Cons

normal working hours

Fun and productive

It was a good and enjoyable experience as I was able to communicate and adapt to the fellow employees and the workplace.

Pros

Free training

Productio

To work under pressure and also working as the team.Maneging the time ensuring that targets are meet.

Cons

normal hours

hard working,challenging enviroment

worked previously in telekom cucstomer call centre,assisted with all difficult clients and excepting pressure at all times.

Cons

willing to work long hours