Telkom SA Limited

Telkom SA Limited Pay & Benefits reviews: Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative56 reviews
South Africa56 reviews
5,0
The salary was good but working environment was bad. Pay cuts in the end of the finicial year even tho our targets was met. Management never gave us a warning about the cuts. Management changed all the time. It become like a curcus
3,0
Good place to work for,but there was mo strategy to work.cokplaintd of the customers was taking long to be resolved. There was no growth and benefits in the company.
4,0
It was nice working for Telkom up until they moved the staff to work under agency ,salaries dropped and no benefits. Management need to be skilled not to employ management by their race.
4,0
I enjoyed working here but there's no job security. There used to be a lot of benefits but not anymore. I had a very good manager who's always taking care of his staff
5,0
The environment was nice and everyone worked together as a team. Very good benefits and salary was good. Management was easy to talk to. I had a straight shift and worked only every other weekend.
Pros
Fun days and team building events.
3,0
-Typical day is support to team and strive for quality customer service.
-I learned good timekeeping, good interpersonal skills, how to adapt to change, various courses was completed during my time there.

-I also acquired supervisory skills to be a team leader, to get along well with others, good communication skills.

- I naturally get along well with others, we worked well within our team. Work well to bring management and workers together to ensure unity in the workplace.

-Hardest part of my job was to get management to support new ideas or operations to ensure better quality and more efficient customer service

- Most enjoyable part of the job is the benefit of knowing that you assisted a customer to your full ability and the positive feedback received from a customer satisfied with your service.
Pros
Good Benefits - Telephone Rebate, Home Rebate, Pensioen, Medical Aid, Bonus
Cons
No Scope for Growth
3,0
The tipical work enviroment was very stressfull, not enough people to do the work and the few persons that was left after retrenchments took all the responsibilty on their own.

The hardest part of my job was to phone people that did not pay there accounts, and then I could hear over the phone that they are really strugling with finances but I could not do anything about that.

The long working hours and overtime took its toll on me and my health that is why I've decided to move on.
Pros
rebate on telephone line
Cons
long hours sometimes without lunch and working at night without seeing my kids.
5,0
Handling of customer enquiries on accounts do reconciliation and resolve the problem. I learned to deal with difficult customers and resolve the problem to their satisfaction. On management side you were exposed to deal with all kind of difficult situations. It was a pleasure working with co-workers we assist if possible. The most difficult part of the job was the customer that was irritated and what to tell how to do your job. It was always a please to go the work, the most enjoyable part was when a client was satisfied with the service render.
benefits
Cons
working shifts
5,0
i enjoy working for Telkom but i need a more permanet position
Pros
normal working hours
Cons
contract worker
1,0
I cant rate Telkom what I want to rate them on top of page, as the sytem will not allow me. I RATE TELKOM TOPS AS A EMPLOYER!
ON ALL COUNTS.

Every day at Telkom was an experiece as I met new people with new enquiries that I had to solve. I learned how to handle difficult customers in a proffesional manner.

Our management did all they could to make my job easy by making sure I had all the tools I need to do a good job.

I got on well with all my co-workers, and we were there for each other when we needed help with a difficult customer or personally.

The hardest part of my job were, when I had to leave Telkom as I could not get a transfer when we relocated to another province.

I realy enjoyed solving customers problems, as it is great to see a satisfied and happy customer.
Pros
good salaies. benefits and good work hours.
Cons
for me there were none.