Telkom SA Limited
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Telkom SA Limited Pay & Benefits reviews

It is a positive , constructive minded workplace, fun and educational at the same time , I would recommend anyone to join the workplace from any different race.
Pros
Incentive, lunch money, traveling allowance
Cons
Good hours
No working progress. Overworked. Every year Retrenchment. Poor working condition. Working environment not conducive No progress and development. Change Carter for greenare pastures.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
Long hours of work
There were prospects to develop,fun,productive,management was fun to be around very helpful and interactive.I've developed management skills,how to deal with stressful situations ,balanced life and work environment. Best company of all times!
Pros
Best benefits
Cons
Lots of training and work. Lots of experience to. Must be able to work on your own. Must be a fast learner and alway be willing to take on extra task.
Pros
House rebate
Cons
Lots of long hours
In my opinion, people should be rotated within the company, periodically, say after every five years, especially those that are in a technical environment. This will enhance multiskilling of the workforce.
Pros
As an Ops. Manger in CNFO, you need to be continually for escalations after hours.
Cons
No compensation for Ops Managers, to attend to escalations after working hours
VERY STRESS-FULL, fear of losing your job all the time. High pressure , short staffed. its a madhouse. Very unfair in promotions, there are no promotions you have to apply for vacancies
Pros
Free phone
Cons
Salary scale depends on where you are, but they're salaries are reasonably good. IT and engineering courses stand you a good chance earning a reasonable decent salary
Telkom never paid us as we expected. We put a lot of work and transport money was not enough.we where selling starter packs and airtime as vendors we were paid in commissions.it was a stressful job because you had to convince people to buy what you are selling and your salary was based on that.
The salary was good but working environment was bad. Pay cuts in the end of the finicial year even tho our targets was met. Management never gave us a warning about the cuts. Management changed all the time. It become like a curcus
Good place to work for,but there was mo strategy to work.cokplaintd of the customers was taking long to be resolved. There was no growth and benefits in the company.
the work productive, different on the days , because it depend if the project its urgent or not. the work place is peaceful and there is space to breath. the resource are available for use and the maintanence is always on time and alert.
Pros
no lunch
Cons
long hours for a student.
I worked there for 20 years doing everything from basic technician work to programming. I got a salary at the lowest end of the scale and had to perform high level support functions. I studied through Telkom with the promise of a better job and was told that I would not be able to get it.
It is a nice place to work at the culture is very competitive and there are development opprtuinties. They have great benefits and their salaries are bench marked oaccording to the markets.
Pros
Telephone rebate
Customer driven. It starts with me. Productive.Under ground cables repair. Most cases working on dusty and muddy areas. Customer facing in most cases for fixed telephone lines repairs.
Pros
45 Minutes own lunches
Cons
8 Hours and sometimes overtime if it is available limitef to 40hrs overtime.
It was nice working for Telkom up until they moved the staff to work under agency ,salaries dropped and no benefits. Management need to be skilled not to employ management by their race.
It's a stressful target based environment. Management and staffing is fairly good as well as commission and incentives. Only bad thing is the targets.
It was fast paced and stressful. Fresh out of school I was never ready for the pressure. I didn't appreciate the negative comments I received from my manager, it was personally attacking me and malicious. She advised me to go into beauty instead.
Pros
The salary was good bad clients gave me positive feedback
Cons
The manager I worked under.
I'm happy with the salary that I'm receiving now and I have learnt a lot of things at Telkom they do give training to their employees but I want a permanent position.
Work hard to get good commission and incentives be recognized and get rewarded for putting extra work avail yourself most of the times especially when it’s around that busy time of the year
The culture of the company changes I believe anyone can adapt to the changes in all levels. The hardest part of the job is when once had to deal with the difficult customer. Enjoyable part of the job is when I learn something new
Pros
Time off, when one has worked long hours
Cons
There are times when work is demanding long hours
The company opened doors for me to see other broadcast companies. The line of work gave me an understanding of what TV broadcasting involved. The courses were relavant to the work I did. The company offered good benefits and had good policies for employees.