Ten Group
3,1 out of 5 stars.

Ten Group Employee Reviews for Lifestyles Manager

I dont have anything really to say about this company. They are a fairly new company that believes in advancing their employees, which I believe is important.
TENGROUP was one of the most unprofessional jobs that I have ever experienced hands down. Starting with HR, Upper Management down to the In Office Staff. I cannot begin to explain how toxic of a work environment it was to work within the NYC team and the management in that office, the CEO should be ashamed of the management that HR hires to manage that office. You can tell they hire anyone at this point, I do not recommend working for this company. They will overwork and degrade you, management is very immature and sneaky. Lastly, they don’t encourage promotions or seniority the way they should. It was a sigh of relief once I finally left. I understand that these dire times and people are in need of employment but please avoid this company as a whole. IT IS NOT WORTH IT.
Thisnis one of the worst companies to work for these days. Your day-to-day has nothing to do with the description advertised, and your levels of stress will increase exponentially. Since pretty much a third of the company holds a Manager position, you will become the workhorse, and your hours will show.
I want to clearly state that I hope this review is anonymous. I was so excited to work here and the training class made me me even more excited. Even though the training taught me very little about how todo my job. Upper management is great but if you don't work in San Francisco you have no access to them. New York office middle management run their office like it was a high school. If you suck up they will give you less briefs so they can keep you around however if you just do your job and aren't part of the clique they will make sure that you receive so many briefs that it's almost impossible to hit your goals.Also the party culture can be toxic. When employees don't show for work because they are hung over that makes your work load more stressful. Managers never take escalated calls and leave you responsible for not getting in touch with them. Every good manager who was supportive and caring has either been let go or quit because of the absolute unprofessional behavior. The best way to succeed is to be an average employee and keep your mouth shut.
Pros
benefits eventually
Cons
see review
Most of the work we do is not too hard. There are days when it is slow, like 2 calls, and other days when it is back to back. It is fun to work on requests that are a bit different like planning trips out of the country but some requests can get repetitive like booking flights. The worst about is accountability from others is not there and there is no punishment for those that are slacking on their job.
Pros
Random treats, Pto
Cons
minimum incentives, lack of accountability, teammates in other offices
Management staff and coworkers in all areas hired together can build a strong and close relationship, which can contribute for a healthy and profitable workplace.
Pros
Build a strong relationship with the team
Cons
Lack of respect from some coworkers
Terrible training with the trainer lacking actual on the job experience for position. Having a long 2-3 week training and then attempting to work independently confused/ Calling other employees every 5 minutes for 8 hours to get assistance, asking yourself why you even had training No Job Security- In my 90 days working for Ten Group 3 people fired without reason 2 quit disliked job/management
Pros
Pay, breaks throughout shift paid.
Cons
Terrible training, no organization, Trainer lack of on the job knowledge for help /no experience.
This company has a high turn around rate. They will work you to death and not even think about hiring more people in your department. They will have you taking calls on things you have not been trained in then shrug their shoulder when you ask for help. They laid off so many people due to "structuring the company." Switched them to different departments, then laid them off AGAIN!
Pros
Getting to work 4/10 hour days
Cons
Cleaning after adults, over worked, system constantly shutting down
The management is ridiculously poor and lack clear vision/policies/values of the company, with no or negligible importance given to employee satisfaction. Work-life balance is discarded from the core and mis-management of human resources prevails, which leads to broken communication and poor results.
A great place to get your foot in the door and move up quite fast if you perform well. Great way to learn about Travel, Dining, Theater, Concerts and Sporting events. Everytime I have an issue a manager listens and responds.
Cons
too much work
A typical day at work will be full of fun for those who comes from a creative space. However, the management is haphazard and lack clear vision/policies/values of the company, with no or negligible importance given to employee satisfaction. Work-life balance is discarded from the core and mis-management of human resources prevails, which leads to broken communication and poor results.
Pros
Fixed working hours
Cons
No clear objectives/no security/no growth prospects offered