Tenneco

Tenneco Employee Reviews

South Africa24 reviews
4,0
Continuous improvement department is the busiest, always kept me on my feet. What I enjoyed the most is to work on different projects with different people.
5,0
Working in Health and Safety, there in no one day the same as the next. Always new challenges everyday. I have learned a lot at Tenneco, being throwing in the deep end in 2017 when my manager past away and even before that his responsibilities became mine. He was not replaced and not long after that our EHS Systems administrator and environmental officer resigned (not replaced). We had to implement an all EHS Management system, because nobody knew how the system worked. Management were supportive, but because no one had a EHS background they never understood how much work it involved. The workplace culture is very good. You will never catch someone without PPE in the plant. If a visitor is walking in the plant without PPE, an operator will stop him, even if it is the CEO. The hardest part of the job for me is that I do not get onto the floor that much anymore and to be successful in EHS, participation and consultation with the workforce are an important factor. The most enjoyable part of the job is to serve the people and make a difference in a workplace, make it safe for everybody working there.
3,0
Tenneco ride control gives opportunity to it's employees to study further. And also provides good training to their interns and volunteers.
It has competitive customer service and active employees.
5,0
Great place to work, People are always ready to assist and get the job done.
There are always tools and equipment readily available to get the job done,

Work comes first before issues like time worked or time out.
Pros
flexi time when needed
Cons
Communication under stressful times
5,0
I first read a handover from the previous shift.
Then I go around the plant to check if anyone needs assistance.

I have learned to be always be alert as accidents can happen anytime,I have also learned to be patient and calm as collegues sometimes could be not so polite due to personal problems.

Management is always willing to train people who need training and skills.

Hardest part of the job is working shifts as they could change anytime during the week.I enjoy almost everything about my job.
Pros
Trainings and skill developments
Cons
Night shift
4,0
A good place to gain relevant experience. You can gain a good understanding of the SAP environment and especially the CO module which is quite complex.
2,0
Management only realise at the end of the month that parts shortages are affecting the monthly target.There is a bad culture of using each other as scapegoats if the monthly target is not reached.
No one wants to account for the shortage of parts.The only thing everybody does best is to shift the blame to another department.
Pros
Free coffee and 14th cheque
4,0
I was operating a big machine that wash and dry parts, I was working under pressure there because I was also supplying a line, and line must not stop.
5,0
Tenneco is the best company that I wouldn't mind going back to .
I learnt so much from the employees in this company.

the management is excellent.

I never complained about my work because I enjoyed working there , but I had my mistakes that made me not to be there anymore . and I regret every part of my mistakes.
Pros
good salary
5,0
Everything we do by our workplace is done according to the labour act and the management staff is very good. Our company values, safety first and qulaity always
Pros
E wallet for everymonth we reach the target or not
Cons
Shortbreaks
5,0
Tenneco is a good working company. It provide u with the necessary trwining for a vacancy u apply for. It gave me good working experience on the production lines and in the logistics and shipping department.
Pros
Free training
3,0
It was a good company where I have meet new people. I have learned alot about the company and experience.I'm a very hardworker and reliable. I can work underpressure.
Pros
over time
3,0
It was a great working experince and a very fruit ful learning experince with great management capabilities and great working relations amongst workesrs
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
5,0
I am a very down to earth person,responsible,reliable,wiling and eager and enthusiastic in whatever i do.i lkie to learn new things.im a very fast learner,focused,hard worker,problem solver.i like to meet new people.im panctual,always on time.willing to work long hours and on public holidays too.im willing to help anywhere i asked to wok.im a very flexible person.always sober minded.never steal the companies time.im phisically fit and mentally stable.
Pros
I can except a free lunch from the company, but I always bring my own lunch to work
Cons
I'm willing to work long hours, even on public holidays
5,0
I enjoyed working here as my co-workers were friendly and helpful. The work wasn't too stressful and and my salary was good. I hope to work there again in the new future.
Pros
Free lunches
5,0
Cutting edge tooling and automated automotive equipment. Technologist dream when dealing with the closed loop systems and various plc and control logics
2,0
good work environment. but i believe there is room for improvement team work plays a big roll especially top management for the plant to improve people are the one who no best for any sagatoins
Pros
free lunch
4,0
Management style not so good only chasing the target the last week of the month.Superintendent responsible for the whole department ,safety, quality,costs and priductivity.
Pros
free lunch vouchers
Cons
old lazy peopke
5,0
Great teamwork and enjoy all aspects of working day.
Members of management team supportive & results diven.

Most critical daily functions are the ontime sourcing of suitable components at correct price level and negotiation of delivery terms & conditions.
Pros
Various
4,0
I loved Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flesh. Once i got my Mondays right, then the rest of the week will be easy for me. I never sound boring, I never give a description of my typical day as typical.
I learn to be detail oriented, even if that's not my normal mode of operation. Communicating with my colleagues or superior always make my next day easy.

To trust my co-workers production at the end of the day is always done.

As we were working as a team, if is there any delays then the final product takes time to be finalized.

Working alongside my colleagues who are fantastic and learning about new ideas.
Pros
Only if we riches target for the month
Cons
Only if we are behind with our production
3,0
Demanding and exciting.Always new challenges to overcome.