Tetra Pak

Tetra Pak Employee Reviews

South Africa12 reviews
4,0
Company that remains on the forefront of innovation in their field of expertise, assisting their customers to achieve reduced waste and increased productivity. Investing in their employees development to ensure professional support to their customers at all times.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Long hours, standby duties ...
4,0
Working at Tretra Pak Pinetown, has groomed me professionally, and gave me additional experience as an employee. Being able to hold down more than one position has given me the pleasure in learning and growing within the company. The working environment was always pleasurable to work under, also the staff was helpful always willing to assist where I come across challenges. It always gave me great deal of joy and inspiration to be at work everyday.
5,0
The Sales Team was very energetic and the vibe always positive.
Would go back any day!!!

Learned a lot about packaging and processing within the department.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the lovely food served at the canteen lunch time.
Pros
A lot of growth potential
Cons
A lot of travelling (single mother of two)
4,0
it's ok for secure work life,
flat organization,

not good in salary increment
Pros
secure
Cons
flat orgnization
5,0
TP is a successful global company with very high work ethics. I learned to work under pressure with full support from my management and other factories. The most enjoyable part is the continuous training we receive to keep us up to date with our products and the supply chain process. On going skills development, dealing with customers on a face to face level.
5,0
It was very nice to be there, the from there were nice and good pplace,nice environment.everything was good.The salary was good and way they treat there workers was very good
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Resalable hours
4,0
* It was a most wonderful organization to work for. Great working environment.
* Continuous growth opportunities. Freedom with responsibility. One felt valued and appreciated.

* Flat management structure and approachable to discuss matters.

* Rich diversity of cultures and enriching interactions.

*Occasional situations when we had to merge two companies due to a takeover and needing to contend with negative attitudes of employees in terms of change management, but was a learning as I was better able to understand human behavior and fear and adapting, maintaining respect.

* Yearly Kick Off where we were spoiled by going to a exotic location and each employee was acknowledged for the value an contribution they make. Rewarded through the year with various incentives.
Pros
Positive working environment. People and continuous growth.
Cons
Adapting to change with merger and restructuring.
5,0
I have learned a lot about HR, my collegaues and managers were really helpful. I had a very different kind of tasks, which I enjoyed very much. It also developed my business language skills.
- great team work
- collaboration between countries

- learned advanced Microsoft office, project management skills, people management skills, professional account management, financial management, profit and loss

- travel opportunities
Pros
Travel
Cons
Support
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tetra Pak?
A typical day at work:
Fun, but it can be challenging most of the time. Freedom to make own technical decision in order to improve or ensure higher productivity so customers could meet their targets and more.

What I have learnt:

A lot. Work professionally at all times because you are an ambassador for the company and a very important means of communication between customer and company.

Management:

It a very big and professional environment. Although someone is a manager, nobody shows it by acting bossy. Everybody does what is required of them. Very professional and respectful of each other.

Coworkers:

It's a family oriented environment. We treat each other as family. We share knowledge, advice, lesson learnt etc

Hardest part of the job:

It is a very competitive environment, especially for us. We, as Field Service Engineers, are the backbone for our customers. They call on us to solve their issues with equipment whenever they got stuck. We have to solve those issues, even if it means working around the clock.

The most enjoyable part of the job:

is when one solved issues that had been keeping customers from running production. It always feels good to be a hero and share the experience with others.
Pros
Professional & Great benefits
Cons
You can forget about family time
5,0
Every day is a new chalenge, new learnings, and great people to work with.
Pros
World class manufacturing company
Cons
Long and stressfull hours
4,0
Working with potential customers from presenting packaging solutions, concept development, developing brand plans and launching new package formats or beverage solutions is rewarding.

Global exposure opportunities in my current role are rewarding for me as it helps me add value to the customer's businesses.
Pros
being able to add value
Cons
lack of growth opportunities