The Associates
3,9 out of 5 stars.

The Associates Employee Reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

Good Place to Work

Worked there for 12 years. Started as a 2nd shift Customer Service Representative and ended as an Operations Manager. Good people and work atmosphere at this facility. Several changes in corporate ownership during my years of service.

No upward mobility

Very monotonous and little if any innovation. Cafeteria overpriced for staff. Just feels like a place where you will check in and after a long greige streak of seasons that you don't even notice because inside it always looks the same, you will be old and still in the same job. Probably the same pay, too.

Pros

The bare minima

Cons

The usual general malaise

bought out

This company is no longer in existence it was bought out around 2001.Unable to rate this company. Check with Citibank instead. It would not be fair ro provide a rating for this company.

Excitement changed to annoyance.

I was very excited to work with this company at first and was doing a great job according to my supervisor. However, they were doing some restructuring and my supervisor moved up and in his place an Office Manager stepped in that sadly had very few people skills. Some people were treated unfairly and the work culture started to change.

Pros

Ability to work with Psychologists.

Cons

New Management

Great

I hope this help the individual make decision about the company and career choices. It was a great starting point for me helping consumers with documents value of what they signed after purchasing a new vechile from Ford.

Great company...

Leadership was outstanding. You could transfer near anywhere in the country due to branches were everywhere and positions were plug and play in every office.

Family owned company

A typical day at work was full of multi-tasking and working together with colleagues to achieve good customer service. I learned how to adapt to situations, solve problems and create new ways to reach goals and increase profit margins. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and enjoying the long lasting relationships I have established over the years.

very busy environment and freedom to produce results

Very results oriented and that was your scorecard. Results were evaluated on a quarterly basis with a yearly review. Goals were specific and attainable. Lots of support to achieve profiable goals in growth ans EBITA.

Pros

freedom

Cons

demanding

would not recommend job

no longer in San Antonio. Very difficult place to work for manager was very cold and hard to get along with.However at the end they did give the time to go out and apply for jobs. The type of collections was very different then your regular collections and required more of a skip tracing mind then just making calls to a home on at a set work locatiion.

Pros

just a job

Cons

harsh place to work for

Culture workplace experience

I loved working for The Associates in Mexico. It was a challenge and adjustment to work in a country that was Spanish speaking. My duties were from answering phone, take messages, greet visitors, prepared coffees and snacks. I did find it difficult and a great challenge but not impossible to live and work in a country where I did not speak or understand a word of Spanish, but that did not affect my performance. Management always made every effort to keep personnel happy, because happiness is better job performance. The most enjoyable part of my job was working for a great company where everyone came to work with a positive attitude, management and staff were great, which made me leaving The Associates difficult but necessary in my return back to Canada with my family. I did however, leave Mexico speaking, reading, writing fluently in Spanish and learned how to make authentic Mexican Food.

Pros

Positive Attitude, Team work, Management Support, Long Hours

Great place to work!

Fast paced but fun. Collaborative group. Broad involvement of all employees whose talent and input are valued. Generous time off, surprise bonuses. Great benefits too!

EMS Transport

Good company with dedicated employees. Provided a wide range of opportunity for learning and skill advancement. Family atmosphere with other employees and mid level management

I was there for 14 years. Great advancement opportunities. Great compensation if you played your cards right. Unfortunately they were acquired by Citi

Interesting place to work

I truly loved working at this place. The staff was great and there were a lot of learning opportunities and career advancements. I only left because I had to move.

benefits

Great Place to work

Family oriented, enjoyed my positions there. Management was great had no problems working with managers. Plenty of room for growth. Got married and moved to relocated closer to home.

Strong team culture

Was an excellent company and environment to work in. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Challenging and very rewarding. The company was purchased by Citigroup and the corporate support structure was migrated to the U.S.

Pros

Fun place to work and learn

Cons

A corporate merger moved operations to the U.S.

Good place to help people in need

get to meet different people and learn their stories. i honestly don't want to write a review. the company is a great side job. you make enough money to take care of business.

Senior Wholesale Cordinator

Maintained contracts for customers who rented industrial and farm heavy duty machines. Also large construction machines; such as front loaders and tow motors.

Pros

Very good pay.

Cons

Long overtime.

Just a great invironment

Senior Computer Analyst for the firms payroll programs. Included both U.S. and Canada employees. Assisted in assimilating the Canadian system into the U.S. payroll system. Also was responsible for the up keep of some of the smaller programs and reviewing newer programs for any errors.

Pros

Great work environment.

Cons

Don't know of any.

good job

At The Associates I learned how to manage employees. We accurately filed and retrieved customer documents for company use.I learned how to balance my time.

exellent place to work in home environment

my work starts with opening mails and surveying CV , and clients correspondents , There is never a CV that is the same , and assessment of peoples profile are developed from Data and one on on interviews. Most difficult part of my job is ascertaining, what is the truth in a CV. If client hires an employee. it gives me great satisfaction that i have made a placement ,and the that the person can now move on to better things

Pros

freedom of movement

Cons

can be up all hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Associates. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,7 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,6 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,6 out of 5 stars for Management
3,9 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • The Associates
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?