The aurum institute

Clear
4,1Work-Life Balance
3,4Job Security & Advancement

Demanding environment

Target driven quite demanding on employees however a great place to learn and develop skills. Management focuses mainly on targets. The work culture is good.

A fun working place

The best company to work for. Work culture is well maintained, organizational goals are easily obtained due to to the work ethics. Career development or growth.

Productive and client satisfaction

A very good company to work in. Good benefits and overall trainings and workshops for capacity building. Building relationships with department of Health through mentoring, training and coaching.

Pros

Free lunches during meetings

Cons

No job security

Positive working environment , adabtabe , positive people , professional management, good ethics , good benefits , adabtable , room for growth , motivation ,

Productive fun work place where you are groomed well into your profession

I enjoyed working at Aurum despite challenges we face with funding and retrenchment. Team work and support was great as well as personnel development. If i was given a chance to go back to Aurum, i would do that as soon as possible.

Productive, fun , educational and very professional .

Come prepared as you know what which position you applied for and read and know more about the company.And remember to be on time ,professional and dress proper nor be presentable

Pros

Coffee

Cons

N/a

Relaxed and safe environment

You must be a hard worker who know what they want. The institution offers a wide range of experience. Your hard work pays as you can start from being an intern to being permanent.

Pros

They offer training

Cons

Reallocate

Productive and fun workplace.

Working for this company presents one with unlimited growth opportunities, they provide support on both personal and professional development. Go-getters are guaranteed to grow and expand within the organization.

Pros

Flexible working hours.

It’s okay

Not much to say, but no room for growth or opportunities.very relaxed environment, Management is is flexible and easy to talk too. Great information on new studies

It was productive,inspired to our life

It was productive and inspiring developing our future giving us new skill very supportive to the employee it is the company that cares about people.

Pros

Cons

Flexi hours

since the company is retrenching, it can really get stressful

It is a good company with great benefits. I would really recommend it. I have learned so much about clinical trials and its developmental stages. Management is good. i mostly enjoyed all my roles working at Aurum.

productive ,learning organisation

good company, problem its an NGO, dependent on funders. good managers and exposed to a lot networks. high quality systems, team work and innovation is encouaraged

Exciting Non-profit to work in

Lots must still be developed in the company as they are moving into a Global role. Learned how important a funding model is to your service delivery and careers for employees. Management must still develop the workplace into a production orientation environment. Difficult to work with donations as you have to satisfy so many people.

Pros

Challenging work

Cons

Understanding of donor rules

fun company

work doesnt really affect personal life negatively. enough time to focus on your work same as having to focus on your personal life. So far i've learned so much about research, how to behave in a workplace, how to treat colleages and how to work as a team. The hardest part ofthis job is having to tell people how they should do their work...having to follow them around so they can do what is expected of them. what i love about this job is that it gives me an opportunity to explore diferent kinds of research field, how the industry works. going to work everyday is an opportunity to grow proffessionally and exoerential gain

Pros

everyone has a chance to grow proffessionally

Cons

long working hours

Amazing culture & fun working environment

Although the pace is a bit slower and steady, my job is busy and hectic at times. I've learnt extensively about the field of HIV/AIDS and how a NGO functions with a PEPFAR grant. Management is exceptionally qualified and knowledgeable. My co-workers are amazing to work with and exceptionally accommodating. Job promotion and movement is only possible in Johannesburg and not Cape Town due to the project structures. The hardest part of my job is the extensive travelling and the petrol endured. The American grant has to be justified annually for funding for the next year of the project (this is a huge concern).

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

Long distance travelling

Place to establish

The company gives you a great potential to establish a reputable career in Health research.

Productive and fun place to work and learn from.

I was hired on contract basis(1 year). I was not working at the main office but, placed at a clinic in New-Brighton. This gave me opportunities to work with people and learn more about health practices. Working for The Aurum institute left me with zero complaints. I would continue to work for The Aurum Institute if I were to be hired as a permanent staff member.

Pros

I worked a straight shift and, that allowed me enough time to spend with family during the week and, weekends.

Cons

Being a contract worker did not allow room for growth.

Challenging and stimulating work environment

My work is mentally stimulating in the sense that my manager allows for innovative and creative thinking. Lots of travelling involved.

Pros

Good incentives for motivating employees e.g. employee of the year award

Cons

No maternity leave, low salary ranges

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The aurum institute. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance