The aurum institute

Clear
4,1Work-Life Balance
3,8Management

Demanding environment

Target driven quite demanding on employees however a great place to learn and develop skills. Management focuses mainly on targets. The work culture is good.

Strange culture

The culture is quite strange. There is an assumption that the Aurum way of doing things is the only way and if you are a new employee you don't know what you are doing.There is a very hierarchical culture where if you are not in a high enough management level then you should not be speaking to the Executives.

Positive working environment , adabtabe , positive people , professional management, good ethics , good benefits , adabtable , room for growth , motivation ,

It’s okay

Not much to say, but no room for growth or opportunities.very relaxed environment, Management is is flexible and easy to talk too. Great information on new studies

since the company is retrenching, it can really get stressful

It is a good company with great benefits. I would really recommend it. I have learned so much about clinical trials and its developmental stages. Management is good. i mostly enjoyed all my roles working at Aurum.

Great Company

Great company to work for... Good management and great people. Aurum takes care of its own people. Working hours are normal. Cannot complain much about anything.

very productive and fun work place

daily targets were and deadlines were the order of the day. the job itself was a challenge and gave so much exposure. The job included data collection and data capturing, document management and documents handling, travelling was also part of my job description.

Exciting Non-profit to work in

Lots must still be developed in the company as they are moving into a Global role. Learned how important a funding model is to your service delivery and careers for employees. Management must still develop the workplace into a production orientation environment. Difficult to work with donations as you have to satisfy so many people.

Pros

Challenging work

Cons

Understanding of donor rules

Amazing culture & fun working environment

Although the pace is a bit slower and steady, my job is busy and hectic at times. I've learnt extensively about the field of HIV/AIDS and how a NGO functions with a PEPFAR grant. Management is exceptionally qualified and knowledgeable. My co-workers are amazing to work with and exceptionally accommodating. Job promotion and movement is only possible in Johannesburg and not Cape Town due to the project structures. The hardest part of my job is the extensive travelling and the petrol endured. The American grant has to be justified annually for funding for the next year of the project (this is a huge concern).

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

Long distance travelling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The aurum institute. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,7 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,4 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,8 out of 5 stars for Management
4,0 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • The aurum institute
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?