The aurum institute

Clear
4,1Work-Life Balance
3,7Pay & Benefits

A fun working place

The best company to work for. Work culture is well maintained, organizational goals are easily obtained due to to the work ethics. Career development or growth.

Positive working environment , adabtabe , positive people , professional management, good ethics , good benefits , adabtable , room for growth , motivation ,

Productive fun work place where you are groomed well into your profession

I enjoyed working at Aurum despite challenges we face with funding and retrenchment. Team work and support was great as well as personnel development. If i was given a chance to go back to Aurum, i would do that as soon as possible.

Productive and enjoyable work place

Team workInnovationExcellenceProblem solvingHIV is the key to deal with at aurum institute. Also TB is the most important thing. 90 90 90 strategy. Everyone must get tested

Pros

Awards for hard working

Cons

Pressure

Productive,teamwork,self improvements & good working environment with supportive & positive colleagues.etc

Good,warm welcoming,encourage us to do the best all time,always check for the loopholes in your working environment. Install the values of work ethics all the time, making you feel free & open to any challenges you came across during your working environment. They always improve your work by giving you opportunities to attend different trainings on new development in our working environment,so that we remaining the best in what we do,which is very exciting for us colleaguesSometimes you can feel if you didn't attend any activities at work,because of some life collapses,but all in all what I'm trying to say is that there's always somethings to catch ups in our work situation. We were always given a room to expand & enjoy our work to the fullest,although our contracts are ended but we miss everything about our work around Ekurhuleni health facilities,as we always make the best of our work. As we've taken as our full time task...

Pros

New information all the time, to make our work enjoyable.

Cons

Long hours was always through arrangements. We always work avarage hours..

It was fun and a bit hectic sometimes

When it's month it becomes more hectic because you have to report a monthly stats. Other than that, working for the aurum institute was amazing and fun.

Pros

Too many informative trainings

Cons

I can't think of any

Productive and fun workplace.

Working for this company presents one with unlimited growth opportunities, they provide support on both personal and professional development. Go-getters are guaranteed to grow and expand within the organization.

Pros

Flexible working hours.

It’s okay

Not much to say, but no room for growth or opportunities.very relaxed environment, Management is is flexible and easy to talk too. Great information on new studies

since the company is retrenching, it can really get stressful

It is a good company with great benefits. I would really recommend it. I have learned so much about clinical trials and its developmental stages. Management is good. i mostly enjoyed all my roles working at Aurum.

My self

I'm hard worker and I'm committed to my job I'm friendly person who like to work with other ana as a team.im patient to do what I'm doing.working there it's great

Tough but workable az team work

They were good on promises bt poor on action but since we were aware about our work as team we were doing a teamwork and give the organisation what is looking for

Cons

Work place was fun in our sekhukhune communities

Working in environmental was good..worked well with my colleques Travelled evrywhere in our districts.hospitals and clinic tracing our tb patients and their families we where testing them if their r no infected if they have signs of tb....we also referred children under five foe ipt......after our work is done take sputums to out laboratory foe testing.

Pros

Long distance they booked for us

Exciting Non-profit to work in

Lots must still be developed in the company as they are moving into a Global role. Learned how important a funding model is to your service delivery and careers for employees. Management must still develop the workplace into a production orientation environment. Difficult to work with donations as you have to satisfy so many people.

Pros

Challenging work

Cons

Understanding of donor rules

fun company

work doesnt really affect personal life negatively. enough time to focus on your work same as having to focus on your personal life. So far i've learned so much about research, how to behave in a workplace, how to treat colleages and how to work as a team. The hardest part ofthis job is having to tell people how they should do their work...having to follow them around so they can do what is expected of them. what i love about this job is that it gives me an opportunity to explore diferent kinds of research field, how the industry works. going to work everyday is an opportunity to grow proffessionally and exoerential gain

Pros

everyone has a chance to grow proffessionally

Cons

long working hours

interacting with participants and sharing in their plight

I enjoyed working with minimal supervision therefore pushed myself to meet targets and I realised my capabilities in the process.

Pros

Free Coffe at every work station

Cons

Long hours in the office, trying to beat traffic and in the process earned good points for always meeting targets.

Amazing culture & fun working environment

Although the pace is a bit slower and steady, my job is busy and hectic at times. I've learnt extensively about the field of HIV/AIDS and how a NGO functions with a PEPFAR grant. Management is exceptionally qualified and knowledgeable. My co-workers are amazing to work with and exceptionally accommodating. Job promotion and movement is only possible in Johannesburg and not Cape Town due to the project structures. The hardest part of my job is the extensive travelling and the petrol endured. The American grant has to be justified annually for funding for the next year of the project (this is a huge concern).

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

Long distance travelling

Place to establish

The company gives you a great potential to establish a reputable career in Health research.

I am expected t compile a report every and each end of the moth, stating the challenges i have come across, the achievements and plans and suggestions

I have many different job tittles which basically change depending on what i am doing for the time. First of all i am working for a reaserch company for T.B and HIV (The Aurum Institute), i do things like distributing treatment to the patients, retreive files and send them to the Dr of to the pharmacy, i do all that due to lack of nurses, so my day is never the same, it changes as the day goes on and depending on what time i am in at. I have learnt a lot in my work, like working under pressure to meet dead lines, to work without any suppervision. I work well with my managers and my co-workers because there is co-operation. The hardest part of my job is when i am expected to have been captured a number of data, and at the same time i have to assist with the running of a clinic, so i will have to gi that extra mile and work long hours to meet my dead line. The most enjoyable part is well i have to represent on my report, and bein gcongratulated..

Pros

we normally get free lunches when we had meeting, or on a celebration event.

Cons

i normally work long hours when i want to meet my dead line timeously, and i am requested to do so

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The aurum institute. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance