The Aurum Institute
4,2 out of 5 stars.

The Aurum Institute Employee Reviews

South Africa43 reviews

4,1Work-Life Balance

Vibrancy, innovation, infused with fun while at it is encouraged.

Best culture of multi-disciplonary teams working together for a common goal.If you are looking to learn more the health, social science and humanities fields of study in the health and development of communities.

Productive fun work place where you are groomed well into your profession

I enjoyed working at Aurum despite challenges we face with funding and retrenchment. Team work and support was great as well as personnel development. If i was given a chance to go back to Aurum, i would do that as soon as possible.

Productive and enjoyable work place

Team workInnovationExcellenceProblem solvingHIV is the key to deal with at aurum institute. Also TB is the most important thing. 90 90 90 strategy. Everyone must get tested

Pros

Awards for hard working

Cons

Pressure

Productive,teamwork,self improvements & good working environment with supportive & positive colleagues.etc

Good,warm welcoming,encourage us to do the best all time,always check for the loopholes in your working environment. Install the values of work ethics all the time, making you feel free & open to any challenges you came across during your working environment. They always improve your work by giving you opportunities to attend different trainings on new development in our working environment,so that we remaining the best in what we do,which is very exciting for us colleaguesSometimes you can feel if you didn't attend any activities at work,because of some life collapses,but all in all what I'm trying to say is that there's always somethings to catch ups in our work situation. We were always given a room to expand & enjoy our work to the fullest,although our contracts are ended but we miss everything about our work around Ekurhuleni health facilities,as we always make the best of our work. As we've taken as our full time task...

Pros

New information all the time, to make our work enjoyable.

Cons

Long hours was always through arrangements. We always work avarage hours..

It was fun and a bit hectic sometimes

When it's month it becomes more hectic because you have to report a monthly stats. Other than that, working for the aurum institute was amazing and fun.

Pros

Too many informative trainings

Cons

I can't think of any

Productive, fun , educational and very professional .

Come prepared as you know what which position you applied for and read and know more about the company.And remember to be on time ,professional and dress proper nor be presentable

Pros

Coffee

Cons

N/a

Very productive and organized

The company is complying in terms of labour acts, I feel at home every time I'm at work the environment is very good the staff is very friendly all times.

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Normal hours

Relaxed and safe environment

You must be a hard worker who know what they want. The institution offers a wide range of experience. Your hard work pays as you can start from being an intern to being permanent.

Pros

They offer training

Cons

Reallocate

Good to work there..

But the salary was not that good but everything is wonderful... The working condition is good and lunch is also good.. You get payed on the 25 they don't make any mistakes by paying their employees.

Pros

If you are studying don't stress they are not greedy people

Cons

Non

Productive and fun workplace.

Working for this company presents one with unlimited growth opportunities, they provide support on both personal and professional development. Go-getters are guaranteed to grow and expand within the organization.

Pros

Flexible working hours.

Good

It was a good job ,wanted to learn more about research within the industry . It was challenging. It was fast paced Had to work with all departments within the organization.It needed a fast learner and a person with sense of urgency. Has to work on turn around times as per policies and delegate to sub ordinates

It’s okay

Not much to say, but no room for growth or opportunities.very relaxed environment, Management is is flexible and easy to talk too. Great information on new studies

Great place of work

An 8 hrs time of work with all the colleagues and sometimes in office and also outside on sites depepnding on the job position you have. Great people and working with many stakeholders and community members in different levels.

Variety of Experiences

Assisted the company in setting up a compliance system for their business policies and had the pleasure of managing it on a group basis. Also involved in startup activities.

It was productive,inspired to our life

It was productive and inspiring developing our future giving us new skill very supportive to the employee it is the company that cares about people.

Pros

Cons

Flexi hours

I had a good balance between work and life with a good salary

I start at 7:00, clock-in, checking all work related messages, calls and emails from the previous day and respond back, checking any new information to capture.

I believe that we are under paid as lay Counselors because we are the ones who are generating the stats or numbers that are required by the funders yet we get less salaries, people who just capture that information and those who come and calculate the numbers that we made get paid more than us. It's very unfair

Salary

The working conditions are good but the salary is too little and there are no benefits . There is too much work to do regardless of your job position.

Interesting field of work contributing to public health

involved in conducting clinical research trials. various funders and sponsors of HIV and TB trials. experimental vaccine trials as well as observational microbicide trials, and TB treatment observational trials

Since i started to work at aurum, i have learned a lot, like some people personality,environment,confident and hope.

Learning people's personalities gave me something, like how to handle working with different people, how to behave towards them, how to handle pressure in different society and it also gave me that confidence of all people are equal at a work place as long as you respect, love and have teamwork. I love working at aurum wish I can go back in future, helping people with their health and living a healthy life in lifetime

since the company is retrenching, it can really get stressful

It is a good company with great benefits. I would really recommend it. I have learned so much about clinical trials and its developmental stages. Management is good. i mostly enjoyed all my roles working at Aurum.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Aurum Institute. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance