The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

Incredible Spiritual and uplifting place, we work together to achieve our objectives, its volunteer work so its non profit and your chosen to work for a time period.
I was appalled that an organization the size of the Lds church had still espoused ideas and tolerance that one race was superior over another. It was evident in every corner i turned literally every square metre. I loved the job but the racism was just too much to deal With.
Pros
You are Employed
Cons
Racism. Extreme RACISM
I did the whole kit and caboodle. I lived a good life and went on a mission I absolutely do not regret. I was not paid for my efforts as you're paid in "Faith." If you're pursuing a career field, I wouldn't recommend the church. Careers are difficult to obtain and mostly solely based in Utah.
Everyday was different! Managed property data systems. Coordinated projects. Assisted the manager with daily calendar and travel arrangements. Trained on computer systems. Liaised between the various departments on behalf of O&M
Pros
Safe working environment.
Cons
Expectations very high
Awesome experience that helped develop the attributes that contribute towards love, integrity and being a faithful father and husband. This mission opened my eyes and my heart to think of others before myself, providing many opportunities for service.
Pros
Loved the people that I served in South Africa
Cons
Mission only lasts for the period of 2 years
Work in the warehouse - the Church offers a job to its members and none members it is not an organisation its the Lord Kingdom there fore who works for it need to abide by His Principles. When you apply a focus mind and heart nothing is impossible. well trained management. Church Principles and teachings. When you cheat the Lord's work. We all know and understand of what the Lord expect of us.
Pros
Spiritual Devotionals veey mornings..
Cons
Do the work till you are done
I was a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints. It was probably the most fulfilling experience of my life. I was a volunteer and did not mind that I was not being paid one bit.
Pros
Excellent life skills.
Cons
I served my mission in South Africa where the people that supervised over me were amazing people. They were very kind and understanding, and they helped to fulfill your responsibilities whenever they were able.
I played piano on Sunday meetings during sacrament for an hour I learned to work with people and I learned patience I was able to manage time Playing piano was the best and enjoyable thing i would do.it gave me piece and hope
Pros
activities with free meals and funny games
Cons
few hours 3 hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?
It is by far the most conducive environment I've ever labored in. Every duty gets done because people are focused and determined. There are no politics nor injustices among the people.
Pros
Time freedom
Cons
Short Term Contracts
not a company job as such but it was church based and voluntary work which i did for the church and i gained experience as i was helping do the church books
I labored as a missionary for the Church in South Africa. It was an incredible experience and I would recommend anyone to do the same. The experiences that I had helped me to grow and learn in ways I would not have anticipate. Very rewarding experience. The people were great and I had a good time. The hours were long though.
Pros
Health Insurance. They find living quarters and vehicles.
Cons
They dont pay ransoms, no dating, no kissing, No swimming, No movies, No music
you will almost always find good people when you work here. Of coarse everyone has their few bad apples, but for the majority you will never find anyone kinder.
Great place to work at served as voluntary missionary best 2 years of my life everything just works dedicated people with a great culture of helping each other succeed.
The church is a multinational organisation with reach in over 200 countries. The international experience is very good as I leaned best practices from across the world and how to work with and interact with colleagues from various countries. The work you do is directly linked to the grand vision and purpose of the Church. Retired leaders who serve ad volunteers come with varied professional experiences and act as mentors and job coaches
Pros
Great culture and higher purpose
Cons
Long hours and lots of traveling
As a missionary I was dedicated to serving people and did that for 2 years of my Life. Serving the people of Africa was a great honor. Money was not the motivation, the blessing are.
Pros
Great lessons and learning about people
Cons
Working with good people and being able to appreciate that what you are doing has a direct impact on the lives of the people in communities around you is a great motivating driver.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Bureaucracy
This was not a job. This was a volunteer mission, that involved drug rehab programs and proselyting. A typical day consisted of waking up and studying for 2 hours then going to work.
the work am doing now is to call people different country ask if their payed money the got and also we call customers i like culture for the people we work with.i love this job
I wok with no supervision at all, i can esily meet any deadline, when you plan , you become prepared and when you are prepared , you shall not fear, that is a wondeful thing
Pros
Free groceries, at your own time
Cons
no pay
The church is one awesome place to work at. They invest time and money in people but don't be fooled, this is one corporate company that requires alot from their staff. The good part about this is that the more you give, the more you are recognized.
Pros
They really invest in people.